Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Parsifarka

Arcane
They gave it to people who bought Madess Returns when it came out, but you can't get it from Origin. It's a fucking shame, American McGee wants to do more Alice stuff but his hands are tied.
Funny thing, console peasants still get it when buying the ultimate edition of MR. It's total non-sense.
After the absolute piece of shit Alice: Otherlands turned out, I don't know if I want American approaching Alice ever again.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I dont use steam because I rather not have spyware on my pc thank you very much...I bought Dead Space and Dragon Age dirty cheap now from gog and I feel good about it, they are both good games and I like supporting gog pn this sort of thing so they can get more publishers to have DRM games

Parsifarka

Arcane
Dead Space is shit, I couldn't bear it for more than two levels and sold it. It isn't scary nor killing is entertaining, so it delivers nothing but dull corridor backtracking and a nice UI.

pippin

I dont use steam because I rather not have spyware on my pc thank you very much...I bought Dead Space and Dragon Age dirty cheap now from gog and I feel good about it, they are both good games and I like supporting gog pn this sort of thing so they can get more publishers to have DRM games

Thing is this is EA, so you're still giving them more money to support Origin.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Not necessarily; Origin is their own plataform and if they are selling their games on gog they are aware of people like me who pirated their game because of DRM but were willing to pay for their products, they are exploring several channels and I for one appreciate and would support quality products regardless of EA

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Ultimate Body Blows (WTF is that?)

A Street Fighter 2 rip-off from the Amiga that also got a PC release. Features a generic cast of characters, including a Ninja that doesn't say anything but "NIN-JA!"

Ultimate Body Blows is the follow-up where they add aliens and undead and shit.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Yo JudasIscariot, somebody tried to log in to my GOG account from China this morning. Email 2FA blocked it. You might want to check for haxx0rs.

Might wanna check your passwords on other sites as well :) Are you using the same login/password elsewhere?

On some sites yes, but all of my important accounts are 2FA'd anyway.

I recommend changing your GOG password and perhaps on other sites. The only thing I can think of is maybe there was some site that had a breach and you had a login/password there. Not saying you have lax security or anything but you get what I mean, right?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Stacking and Costume Quest were decent (but very simple) and I liked Brutal Legend too, but yeah, Psychonauts is on an entirely different level to those. Great game.

Parsifarka

Arcane
Also, Broforce. I know nothing about this one.
Its purpose is to be a 80s action movie turned into a videogame, and it quite succeeds in it. Very fun action side-scroller; great sound effects, fast and gory gameplay -playing it in coop mode is great. It's remarkable how it offers different ways to solve a level thanks to the destruction of the terrain.
Try the free promo game Expendabros; if you like it, you'll love the full game.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Virgin Interactive, were they ones who published Blade Runner?

Westwood Studios, Inc. published it.

However, I don't know if someone bought them (and thus now owns their property).
Westwood developed it.
Virgin Interactive was the publisher.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner_(1997_video_game)

edit about possible re-release
Re-release
Speaking in 2015 regarding a possible re-release of the game via Steam or GOG.com, Louis Castle explained the source code and assets were lost when Westwood moved its studio from Las Vegas to Los Angeles, thus making a re-release or a HD-remaster impossible. Even if the code was found, to restore almost a terabyte of assets, whether for new pre-rendered backdrops or full real-time 3D, would cost tens of millions of dollars, making a re-release as unlikely as a sequel.[26] The Blade Runner Partnership and Electronic Arts currently own the rights to the game.[17]

garren

Arcane
Patron
Can't they just grab an old torrent and work with that, make sure it installs properly and fix any stuff they possibly can. I remember installing it and getting the game to work fine a few years back after some fiddling.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom