Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Niektory

one of some
Patron
Oh look what we've got here.

20160707_161355_.jpg

I never actually bothered to play it though (got it in a pack with some other games).

insukk

Augur
Patron
Codex 2012
I was obsessed by this game when I bought it year or two after its release. I was 10 or 11 back then and i could play this game for 12 hours straight. :P But when i've tried to replay it few years ago i found it medicore at best and i've uninstalled it pretty fast. The gameplay comes down to shoting everything with main character with fireballs because that spell is OP as fuck through whole game if I remember correctly. I have to say tho that the soundtrack is very good.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
New Retroism + Kalypso weekend promo. A rather mixed bag of games and discounts.

https://af.gog.com/promo/20160708_weekend_promo_retroism?as=1649904300

WEEKEND PROMO: RETROISM + KALYPSO

Up to 75% off Tropico 5, Dungeons 2, Crookz: The Big Heist, Colonization, Pirates and more!

It's time to for a walk down memory lane! This weekend we embrace our nostalgia and the collective Retroism + Kalypso catalogs, where you'll find everything from long-running strategy and management series, through no-holds-barred simulation and action, and even a little bit of Pajama Sam!

The Falcon Collection does not mess around. It's rough, tough, and as real as it gets. Dating as far back as 1987, the collection includes Falcon, Falcon A.T. Falcon Gold (featuring the complete collection of updated versions of Falcon 3.0 , MiG-29, Operation: Fighting Tiger and Art of the Kill dogfighting video), Falcon 4.0 (version 1.08, Windows only, added as a part of the bonus goodies pack). A challenging flight down the memory lane – bring your HOTAS!

Remember Pajama Sam? If you grew up in the 90's, the world's youngest superhero was probably a close friend. Whether you want to relive those adventures, or share them with the next generation of loved ones – this weekend you can grab two volumes with six adventures in total at 60% off.

Y'arr! Pirates!. Ahoy! This is the classic and beloved first edition of Sid Meier's legendary Pirates! Series. See how it all began, and return with us to the charmingly low-detail Caribbean, where your imagination is just as important as your guile.

Our Weekend Promo: Retroism + Kalypso features 40+ titles up to 75% off – so browse away! The sale will last until Tuesday, July 12 3:59 PM UTC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark Richard

Arcane
New Kalypso games on GOG have a habit of being broken for months, but as far as I know these are okay. Omerta and Tropico 5 have been fixed, I know that much. Been having a lot of fun with Tropico 5 this past week.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Three post-2000 EA games released on GOG:

Dead Space https://af.gog.com/game/dead_space?as=1649904300

Can you rebind the movement keys to mouse buttons? Never gave this game a try as I heard you couldn't rebind keys (I can't play these type games unless I can remap movement to my mouse buttons). I also read that the FOV is crap and their are huge mouse sensitivity issues...?

Last edited by a moderator:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
You can rebind some keys.

Then you can rebind some other keys, only for the game to instantly revert them the moment you leave the options menu, and you'll need a hex editor to actually make them stick.

In other words, unless EA has released a massive upgrade patch for the game in the past 4 years, it's not worth the bother.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm genuinely surprised that EA is selling some of their IPs on gog, considering they got their own platform and that it is DRM free.

pippin

Probably. It's not really that weird tha they sell their games here, they do have a large selection of games in GOG after all, and they also do sell the older games via Origin.
I guess it would be the right time to finally release stuff like the Alice games and C&C.

Mark Richard

Arcane
Keep in mind Dead Space and Dragon Age: Origins came out in 2008 and 2009 respectively, which is no small amount of time in gaming industry terms. That’s why selling them on GOG makes perfect sense to me, the consumer base for such games is there and generally untapped.

Parsifarka

Arcane
American McGee's Alice is needed in a digital store. I don't know why the dumbfucks at EA aren't already selling it in Origin. Plus, having the artworks GOG usually provides would be great.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I wont have anything to do with DRM be it Origin or Steam...then again I hate EA but DA:O is the last decent Bioware game and it is only $8
Decisions
Decisions

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I wont have anything to do with DRM be it Origin or Steam...then again I hate EA but DA:O is the last decent Bioware game and it is only $8
Decisions
Decisions
Damn, you don't buy games off Steam? That must suck. Just buy the fucking game. World won't stop spinning if you do.

pippin

American McGee's Alice is needed in a digital store. I don't know why the dumbfucks at EA aren't already selling it in Origin. Plus, having the artworks GOG usually provides would be great.

They gave it to people who bought Madess Returns when it came out, but you can't get it from Origin. It's a fucking shame, American McGee wants to do more Alice stuff but his hands are tied.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom