Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just connected, instantly got 8 games:

Two Worlds
Trine
To The Moon
Shadowrun Returns
Xenonauts
Saints Row 2
Project Zomboid
Braid

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
This whole GOG and STEAM... collaboration (?) is kind of creeping me out.

I'm going to put on two tin-foil hats, just to be sure.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Jaesun this is no more a collaboration than Steam Spy using Steam API to estimate ownership numbers of games. GOG plays the ball here - they get info about your Steam profile in exchange for giving you some free games (not really since you already own them). Steam's only participation is allowing their service to be queried for such info (which has been the case for years).

Lunac

Arcane
Star Trek: Birth of the Federation would be an awesome addition to GOG. There are Microprose games on GOG right? Who owns/copyrights MP titles as of 2016 or is it all over the place?

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Star Trek: Birth of the Federation would be an awesome addition to GOG. There are Microprose games on GOG right? Who owns/copyrights MP titles as of 2016 or is it all over the place?

I don't know myself (sorry I really don't, legal stuff is WAY above me) but it's probably scattered all over the place, like you said.

A horse of course

Still waiting for the best Lula game (Empire Cums Back) :rpgcodex:. Every day it remains unavailable is an insult to the German people.

Endemic

Arcane
Used to be Atari (Infrogames when they took over Microprose and shut it down), not sure if that's still the case.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Interesting that they went with a good potato voice-over translation instead of standard dubbing.

I usually try to avoid the translations, but had the chance to play Call of Pripyat with the lector. Instead of english with strong russian accent the dialogues felt more natural and considering the placement of the story it suits the game like a glove.

Black

Arcane
I wonder what the costs are of hiring one narrator to read all voiced lines vs many voice actors.

Tytus

Arcane
I wonder what the costs are of hiring one narrator to read all voiced lines vs many voice actors.

It's surely a lot cheaper. ZZAP (polish actors union) similar to the unions in US , UK or Canada makes sure you can't pay an actor below a certain amount, even if they have to read only two lines. So paradoxically it's cheaper to hire 3 actors who will read a lot of text than 9 who will only read small chunks. Or you can try and find non-unionized actors but that will getyou in trouble with ZZAP in the future and the quality of the dubbing will probably suffer. So hiring one guy to make the good old traditional voice-over for eveything is still saving them money, even if he has to read through the entire game.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
That idea with a lector (like in Polish TV and old VHS) is cool. Much better than making the hohols speak Polish (I think even english with an accent is more suitable than that)

Naraya

Arcane
Lector is one of the worst things that can happen to a movie, believe me. It's on par with dubbing. Subtitles are superior to everything else.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky has been polonized so now all three S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games are now available in Polish :D

I love those Stalker talks :lol:

That lector sounds flat as all hell. No emotion, just as if he was reading from a script. I'd much rather prefer some actual, well......acting :D

(Yes, I know the difference between a lector and an actor but still...)

It's things like this that make me wish for the UA/RU voices and English text.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom