Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Baron Dupek

Arcane
The Quest is getting HD version? I still barely played it, even though it was really enjoyable (was too busy cleaning backlog).

catfood

AGAIN
They're basically the same game really. Each has different scenarios, and the second one added some extra attractions. But it doesn't really matter at the end of the day which you pick.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Well wi that Total Warhammer releasing seems that the DARK days of Games Workshop computer games are over, an thats a fuckin good OMEN. If only there were some old game released on GOG that aped this blockbuster on a smaller scale, perhaps wi a mercenary company fightin against Orks, Tomb Kings an other shit. Someat like say Shadow o Horned Rat, but new campaign an all?

Eh, eh, eh, nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
To the death!

Yeah, having Dark Omen would be ace. But it's one of those games that are very chimeric on modern systems and so i wouldn't have high hopes for a gog release.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Huh:

Introducing GOG Connect

Connect your Steam account and grow or jumpstart your GOG.com library.

Today, we're launching a new program called GOG Connect. The premise is simple: connect your Steam account and add your eligible games to your GOG.com library.

Whether you're checking us out for the first time or have been with us for a while, GOG Connect gets you DRM-free versions of your games, digital extras, and a whole lot of freedom of choice (like whether you go with the GOG Galaxy client or not). It gets you our take on game ownership, and we say: why buy the games more than once?

Thanks to our awesome partners including Deep Silver, Harebrained Schemes, Jonathan Blow's Number None, TaleWorlds and more, you can now add more than 20 games to your GOG.com library if you previously purchased them on Steam.

The full list of games will always be available on connect.gog.com, starting with these and more:

- The Witness
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
- Galactic Civilizations 3
- Trine Enchanted Edition
- Saints Row 2
- Shadowrun Returns
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

While GOG Connect will stick around, the available games will come and go. These are limited-time offers made possible by participating developers and publishers, so stay tuned as we bring new titles onboard in the future (and grab your copies before they go away)!

For a bit more library-building, a bunch of our favorite titles will also be discounted up to -85% all week long, including The Witness, Saints Row: The Third, System Shock 2 and more. You can check out all the deals here. The sale will last until June 6, 12:59 PM UTC.

http://af.gog.com/news/introducing_gog_connect?as=1649904300

It's not live yet.

Edit: It's live.

Last edited by a moderator:

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
So all it does is adding a few certain games that I already have on Steam to my GoG library for free? Is that how it works?

Can anyone explain to me what purpose this serves for me, GoG, Steam and the Devs, as if I was a retard? Cause I don't really get it. How is that good for anyone?

And this somehow seems to be so great that the site already collapsed under traffic, which makes me feel particularly stupid today.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Having the game you have on Steam, only DRM free? Pretty obvious. Yes GoG isnt getting money if you purchase it from them as well, but it makes you use their platform more so win for them.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wonder if there's anything preventing you from connecting the same Steam account to multiple GOG accounts. Hook everybody up to Bruticis' Steam account, free games for everybody. :cool:

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Having the game you have on Steam, only DRM free? Pretty obvious. Yes GoG isnt getting money if you purchase it from them as well, but it makes you use their platform more so win for them.

I know I am being obtuse but the popularity of DRM eludes me a bit, so what good exactly does me a DRM free version of a game that I already own?

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Nice of them to do this although I have my Steam and GOG accounts for different reasons.

Kahr

I know I am being obtuse but the popularity of DRM eludes me a bit, so what good exactly does me a DRM free version of a game that I already own?
Doesn't the GOG version have this neat little extras nobody wants? Maybe because of that... I don't get it either.

pippin

It's a dealmade by publishers, not devs, so probably devs had no say in this. If Paradox still owns Mount and Blade it only means more Paradox games will be added to this thing.
Besides, it's not completely different from the "redeem a game using a cd key" thing which both sites have.

And DRM free is more comfortable for me for the installers. t's good to not have to be forced to be always connected to the internet to play your games.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
GOG said:
NO ELIGIBLE GAMES FOUND
Seriously, GOG? I have counted at least four (Xenonauts, To The Moon, Saints Row 2, Shadowrun Returns)...

EDIT:
I switched my profile to public, waited, refreshed - no effect so far.

EDIT 2:
It worked eventually. I guess I just needed to wait a bit more.

Last edited:

Turjan

Arcane
Can anyone explain to me what purpose this serves for me, GoG, Steam and the Devs, as if I was a retard? Cause I don't really get it. How is that good for anyone?
It's rather simple actually. Gog.com constantly offers me games that I already own on Steam. They are in their grab bags, which is why I don't buy those. This way, they can offer me something I'm actually interested in. Which is obviously also in gog.com's own interest, as the chances that I buy something are higher.

That said, it doesn't work for me.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
GOG connect is the most pointless thing since How To Learn French was translated into French.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom