Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Norfleet

There are also devs who would refuse to put their games on GoG because they think having a DRM free version will allow it to be pirated more easily.

This happens often, actually, and that's all I have to say on the subject.
Of course it does. But that's hardly GoG's fault, happens to Steam Crap, too. But you know what would be even worse as a developer than having your game pirated? NOT having your game pirated. If nobody gives enough of a fuck to pirate your game, your game is dogshit. If I made a game, I would be disappointed if it didn't get pirated.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That game is the very definition of vaporware. But the EA is still somewhat entertaining, if not STILL barebones.

Perkel

Arcane

Not if you are using galaxy. I am using it and can downgrade witcher 3 to version whichever i want. Something that Steams refuses to do now.

More than that Steam like a year ago introduced change to their policy and you will not be able to refuse patching as Steam checks game everytime you run it OR automatically there is no No update option.

Last edited by a moderator:

pippin

Hoow is Galaxy doing right now? It kept patching Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl for some reason, which caused errors later, so I dropped it.

Perkel

Arcane
Hoow is Galaxy doing right now? It kept patching Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl for some reason, which caused errors later, so I dropped it.

Imo fine. Still sometimes needs to login out of blue but overall never had any problems with it even in beta.

Also client is totaly optional. You can run any game i think without Galaxy even when you install it via it.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Paying for Early Access, isn't that just a fancier word for paying to be a Beta tester? Or am I missing something (other than the impatience of a four year old)?

pippin

Will try again soon, but I'd rather wait until the client is fully operational.

Cerulean

Cipher
I'm starting into Shadow of Chernobyl right now, using the Zone Restoration Pack, but running it from inside GOG Galaxy. Does that mean Galaxy is going to keep trying to clobber the ZRP install?

Archibald

Arcane
I'm fine with Galaxy too, but looking at how things are going its probably only a matter of time before it becomes as bloated with shit as Steam client.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Really?I always thought that the main issue was Source and Valve having some clause that its games can be only on Steam or something similar
Not true. Consortium uses Source engine.
http://af.gog.com/forum/consortium_..._become_a_folder_steam_appidtxt?as=1649904300
The game is made in Source, which is Steam's engine so some Steam artifacts such as the text file mentioned in the OP are to be expected.

We've updated the game to version 1.25 and before we released the updated version we've verified that Steam is not required at all in order to play the game.
My Gog version popping Steam overlay was truly a WTF moment.

Also released Bombshell
http://af.gog.com/game/bombshell?as=1649904300

Last edited by a moderator:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Now there is a chance that someone actually play SitS and do review.
Hope is the first step blahblahblag

If you really want a review, buy someone a key on the condition they do the review
I'm Potato sooooooooonope

Last edited:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Big EA sale
3e849e54392d40abd8cec5e3f4375d6adf15dd45

The different Dungeon Keeper, Ultima, Kyrandia, Wing commander titles are there.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Interesting to see StarCrawlers on there. I have it on early access on STEAM.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom