Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Released Anno 1404 gold:
https://af.gog.com/game/anno_1404_gold_edition?as=1649904300

Fuck me, GOG! This is one of my favourite games ever. I bought it on disc, then I bought it on Green Man Gaming, then I bought it on Steam. If I buy it on GOG now, I will really feel like an idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Released Anno 1404 gold:

Fuck me, GOG! This is one of my favourite games ever. I bought it on disc, then I bought it on Green Man Gaming, then I bought it on Steam. If I buy it on GOG now, I will really feel like an idiot.

I thought Majesty was your favorite...
Well I have several favourites. :P But you are really doing a good job bringing them to GOG! Now, Requiem: Avenging Angel is another of my favourites, so do your job!

Delbaeth

Learned
Why devs who develop pixelled games don't include at least a scanlines filter ?
Seriously...

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Worlds Collide Promo
Bastion – 3.39€
Ceville – 1.79€
Crookz – The Big Heist – 8.49€
Cultures 1+2 – 1.79€
Cultures: Northland + 8th Wonder of the World – 1.79€
Dream Pinball 3D – 1.39€
Dungeons 2 – 8.79€
Dungeons 2: A Chance of Dragons – 1.29€
Dungeons 2: A Game of Winter – 9.39€
Dungeons 2: A Song of Sand and Fire – 1.29€
Earth 2140 Trilogy – 1.39€
Earth 2150 Trilogy – 1.39€

Earth 2160 – 1.39€
Enclave – 1.39€
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin + Reborn – 3.39€
F.E.A.R. Platinum – 2.29€
Gorky 17 – 1.39€
Grand Ages: Medieval – 17.59€
Jack Orlando: A Cinematic Adventure – Director’s Cut – 1.39€
Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire – 1.39€
Knights and Merchants: The Peasants Rebellion – 1.39€
LEGO Batman: The Videogame – 3.39€
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 – 4.59€
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 – 4.59€
Mortal Kombat 1+2+3 – 1.39€
Omerta: City of Gangsters (4 DLCs included) – 3.69€
Omerta: City of Gangsters Gold Edition – 5.49€
Omerta: The Japanese Incentive – 2.79€
Patrician 1+2 – 1.09€
Port Royale – 1.09€
Runaway 2: The Dream of the Turtle – 1.79€
Runaway 3: A Twist of Fate – 1.79€
Runaway: A Road Adventure – 1.79€
Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator – 1.39€
Space Run: Fast and Safe Delivery – 4.99€
Tropico 3 Gold Edition – 3.39€
Tropico 4 – 4.59€
Tropico 4 – Complete DLC Pack – 4.59€
Tropico 5 – 8.79€
Tropico Reloaded – 1.39€
Two Worlds – 2.29€
Two Worlds 2: Epic Edition – 4.59€
Wargame: European Escalation – 2.29€
Wings!™ Remastered Edition – 2.79€

It's a shame that Two Worlds 2 is so expensive. It have everything better (especially combat) than Twicher 1, 2 and 3 except story.
Srsly, I reinstalled it recently with Worldmerge mod and got nice blast.
I still remeber little drama when it was released, when they revealed that 3/4 of the world map (p.big) is only for multiplayer. But Worldmerge mod give all that back for you. TW2+MPmaps+DLC.

Grim Monk

Arcane
It's a shame that Two Worlds 2 is so expensive. It have everything better (especially combat) than Twicher 1, 2 and 3 except story.
Srsly, I reinstalled it recently with Worldmerge mod and got nice blast.
I still remeber little drama when it was released, when they revealed that 3/4 of the world map (p.big) is only for multiplayer. But Worldmerge mod give all that back for you. TW2+MPmaps+DLC.

Alternative if you tolerate Steam:
https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/rpg-champions-bundle

pippin

The steam edition has that Topware drm, with activation limits and all that jazz.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I totally forgot about this (avaliable for 365 days/year) bundle.
And I forgot to mention that pad control in TW2 (and TW1 need TW Control Panel) is even better than the one in Twitchers 2-3. This is for those who don't talk openly about it...

The steam edition has that Topware drm, with activation limits and all that jazz.
Does it even have these limits? I remember that I used cd-key once, and it didn't asked me again when I reinstalled it recently (few months later).

pippin

It's supposed to have activation limits, at least, but I think it had to do with them having a limited ammount of cd keys. They won't tell you how many they have left, and if you happen to be the unlucky one, you'd have to ask technical support for a new key. Which isn't really wise considering the company was kinda fucked not too long ago iirc.

Cadmus

Arcane
Released Anno 1404 gold:

Well I have several favourites. :P But you are really doing a good job bringing them to GOG! Now, Requiem: Avenging Angel is another of my favourites, so do your job!
is Avenging Angel playable now? I don't think it is, right? I think I couldn't get it to run. Or is there a working version for the new OS somewhere?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Released Anno 1404 gold:

is Avenging Angel playable now? I don't think it is, right? I think I couldn't get it to run. Or is there a working version for the new OS somewhere?
I haven't played it for ages, because it had compatibility issues. I don't know if they fixed it.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Quick overview:

The sale's highlights are Hard West and Rebel Galaxy at 33% off, as well as Way of the Samurai at 60% off.

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae, aka Pantsu Viewing Simulator is heavily disc(o)unted, if you are into that sort of thing.

Skulls of the Shogun is supposedly a decent turn based tactics game, could be worth $2.

Battle Realms is supposedly underrated, but nobody ever played. I do not really know, I have not played it.

Old Shadow Warrior is a true classic. I have not played the new one.

Sword of the Samurai is a cool old-school action/strategy game, a bit similar to Sid Meier's Pirates!, but set in feudal Japan.

Do not buy 1849, it is a phony game. (Get it?)

I do not know anything about Ronin and Steamworld Dig.

-------------------------------------------------

Anyone watched this, by the way?:

They end up speaking more about games that are not on GOG, which is ironic.

Last edited:

Archibald

Arcane
I'll second that, I remember liking it a lot back in the day. Unfortunate that it never managed to catch on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom