Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
PoE doesn't have cooldowns

HotSnack

Cipher
Oh they threw that idea out? Good. The idea put me off enough to stop following the game afterwards, so I didn't know it's changed.

Lucky

Arcane
LoL @ mystery games. Who in their right mind would pay $3 for a random shovelware when you can buy a lot of stuff with proven quality for less.

EDIT: I will probably be grabbing LucasArts classics bundle at least.

Gamblers, basically. It's like one of those claw games where you keep spending money to get the toy because it feels cheaper, while in reality you'd be better off just buying it in a shop. There's no real reason to do it if you're willing to wait for the games you want to get discounted and there are no gems on the list that haven't been on sale already, anyway.

Yeah, I thought mystery game was a randomly generated sale item that you click to reveal and then "maybe" buy. Actually buying an unknown game for $3 seems pretty dumb. I wonder how much are they banking on people not just requesting a refund on unwanted picks?

I think that in a similar, earlier sale that's how it worked, then they changed it in the next one. That must have been a big success, since they elected to keep it that way.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Got myself Fantasy General and thinking of getting Dragon Commander for 6 euros. Also damn that Last Federation, every time I see that game I got my hopes up its Birth of Federation.

talan

Augur

Thanks -- I've bought this game twice. A UK version on eBay which didn't work with Windows 7 because of StarForce (the demo worked just fine), and on Steam recently which didn't work on Windows 10 (just blacked screened me, got a refund though).

JudasIscariot: Can you confirm it works on Windows 10?

I remember this. Bought full price on release. Played to completion, liked it. I was wondering why I never saw a new game by the same devs...

House of Tales released two games after MoS.
Overclocked: A History of Violence (http://store.steampowered.com/app/339850/). I liked it when I played it 6 years ago.
15 Days (http://store.steampowered.com/app/342990/). Never played it as it received bad reviews, I think HoT died before 15 Days could be properly finished.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kersey

Educated
Heh my physical copy of Falcon 4.0 is literally a manual. :dance:
I have that too, though it isn't the nice ring-bound one. Digital copies travel easier though. Not that I'd fire up Falcon 4.0 on a laptop without so much as a joystick, really. But some fun could be had with the older games in the series.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Why would you want NWN2 on your wishlist? You really want to regret your deal after contact with the game?

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I really have nothing to buy after all these sales.
Is there been a week where there wasnt a sale at Steam, GoG, Gamersgate, Origin, uPlay in last 2 months?

Endemic

Arcane
Heh my physical copy of Falcon 4.0 is literally a manual.

I have the big box version of Falcon 4.0, but still picked up the bundle anyway for convenience.

Received salary, went to GOG to grab some games rotten in my wishlist.

Planescape: Torment

The D&D RPGs have been on sale several times in the last year, where have you been?

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Heh my physical copy of Falcon 4.0 is literally a manual.

I have the big box version of Falcon 4.0, but still picked up the bundle anyway for convenience.

Received salary, went to GOG to grab some games rotten in my wishlist.

Planescape: Torment

The D&D RPGs have been on sale several times in the last year, where have you been?
That was when I was still an idiot and I didn't know about CRPG until Divinity OS, Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, NWN 1, Icewind Dale and Quest for Glory came to my life. No regret spending time in those games at all :greatjob:

Martius

Liturgist
That Geneforge deal is insane ($3 for all of them). Get it if you don't know those games yet!
Best to start from first or maybe one of games is better fit for person completely oblivious to this series?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Maybe I'll finally add stalker to my collection...

If you manage to install them - don't use Complete mods.
People recommending them are idiots.
Shoc - install Zone Restoration Project.
CS - Sky Reclamation Project
CoP - nothing.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What is the order of the Stalkers again? I like to play games chronologically.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
What is the order of the Stalkers again? I like to play games chronologically.

Clear Sky is a prequel to the ShoC, but you better go with release date. Clear Sky is not for everyone - feels more linear, faction war concept is wasted and finale sucks.
Good parts of CS is optimization (best from all 3 games) and locations like Limansk and Red Forest. Plus artifact hunt, if you like it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom