Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Astral Rag

Arcane
Huh, the cheesy acting is an integral part of the TM series. UKM's tech was amazing and I think it still holds up pretty well today. Dat control scheme is probably the stuff of nightmares for younfag newcomers though.
I do agree that some of UKM's puzzles are somewhat poor.

CryptRat, don't forget to check out Aaron Conners' Tex Murphy novels if you end up enjoying the games, they're really quite enjoyable IMO.

Last edited:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
GOG's version of Fallout, is it the US or UK version? Also it seems it already comes with the hi-res patch? But it does not include sfall?

I wish they did a better job of documenting this... :M

pippin

If you owned the games before Bethesda acquired them, then you still have the Interplay versions, just check the .exe file in the games' folders or the "classic" options in the Galaxy menus.
I do believe you still have to patch the game if you want to have kids. Bethesda only added a launcher and a high resolution patch.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Overseer is probably the hardest of them all to get running on modern rigs.

True, I have the game on Steam and my GPU cannot into displaying half of the game's textures properly. This means that many textures are invisible, AFAIK there is no fix for this, the game just crashes when I attempt to use Software rendering.
I read the same complaints on the GOG forums. It's amazing how these companies keep getting away with selling products that flat out don't work.

So yeah don't waste your money on this one if you have one of those exotic Nvidia brand cards.

Last edited:
Overseer doesn't work on Windows 7, it's not that great to be honest from what I've played.

Loved Under a Killing Moon and Pandora Directive, about to start Tesla Effect.

Lucky

Arcane
It's a tagline thing. "Games that you'll mostly only find on GOG" doesn't sound nearly as good.

PeachPlumage

Cipher
hmmm Neverwinter Nights 2, slightly tempting there. The Goldbox games currently on the fence in regards to the price at the moment, might wait for a future discount until I get those.

Alchemist

Arcane
Hmm kinda glad I waited on buying any of the SSI D&D stuff now - that bundle sure is tempting. But is 50% off really that great a deal? I wonder if it will go lower in the winter sale.
Still, it's like 22 games all at once - comes to like $1.50 per game. Not bad considering the quality and hours of gameplay in many of these.

GOG still has the wrong artwork for Pool of Radiance though:
fTLBTLB.png
:x

pippin

Last edited by a moderator:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Are the Ravenloft games any good?

It's AD&D.
It's quite atmospheric, considering the setting.
It's a hybrid between a grid-based and a "freeform 3D" dungeon crawler.
It's very light on "choice and consequences".
It has boatloads of Undead, many of which level drain you, yet the only means to cast Restoration to regain those lost levels comes AFTER you've killed almost all the level-draining Undead.
The only character worth a damn is the antagonist.

The above applies for the first game. The sequel may be better in some aspects.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Anyone notice how GoG only has Vampire: The Masquerade - Not Bloodlines?

http://af.gog.com/game/vampire_the_masquerade_redemption?as=1649904300

Why?

It has been discussed before, but it mostly has to do with licensing problems with Activision, which is weird considering they have plenty of games there. Oddly enough, it seems the use of the source engine isn't that much of a problem for them.

Really?I always thought that the main issue was Source and Valve having some clause that its games can be only on Steam or something similar

That's the correct artwork, I don't know what you're talking about

:smug:

:5/5::4/5:

Had an aneurism

Did you get your system files deleted too?

Last edited by a moderator:

HotSnack

Cipher
Disappointed that the darksun and ravenloft games aren't on discount outside the bundle. Might go buy the star trek one though.

pippin

Really?I always thought that the main issue was Source and Valve having some clause that its games can be only on Steam or something similar

Activision really doesn't seem to like to promote or discount this game on Steam. I wonder if they are still holding some kind of grudge after the clusterfuck that was Bloodline's production, and the fact that it was an instant classic yet had crappy sales. It's like Bethesda never discounting Arx Fatalis.

Archibald

Arcane
Maybe its still selling for full price?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom