Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Dragonlance, Dragonstrike, Drakan... as long as it's not Dragon Age, :incline: seems assured.

Please don't make me take back those words :(

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
jim_profettear.png

Blackstaff

Arbiter
The week end promotion tomorow will apparently feature the Falcon Collection for F-16 simulation fans out there (a retroism promo).

http://static04.gog.com/upload/forum/2015/10/b186d70a406a0c23f69f7097a7793385a2c3d3fb.jpg

We may have to wait for next week to see what this dragon hint is about...

Edit : Scratch that, "Strategic Simulations Inc. & MicroMagic inc." just made an entrance into GOG list of publishers. Which should mean that some new SSI games are coming pretty soon...

Last edited by a moderator:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Released Falcon Collection
http://af.gog.com/game/falcon_collection?as=1649904300
About: Falcon Collection includes the following:
- Falcon
- Falcon A.T.
- Falcon Gold (featuring the complete collection of updated versions of Falcon 3.0 , MiG-29, Operation: Fighting Tiger and Art of the Kill dogfighting video)
- Falcon 4.0 (version 1.08, added as a part of the bonus goodies pack)

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Out of the new releases, I am interested in the indie game Recettear. It has a certain charm to it, and looks like an RPG I can play with the kids. Plus it helps that it seems to have decent ratings on multiple sites.

I...I am not sure this is a game you can play with kids, imho. I mean you're working your butt off for a loan shark as the loan payment gets increased every so often and if you fail to make a payment you get cast out of your house to live in a cardboard box. I am no expert on kids or anything but the game is quite dark beneath the cute veneer.

Coyote

Arcane
It'll be fine. It's been a while since I played it, but from what I remember that stuff is pretty understated and the game as a whole is presented in a fairly light-hearted, optimistic manner. And children's literature contains plenty of stuff that's far darker (Roald Dahl, Neil Gaiman, Lemony Snicket, etc.).

Niektory

one of some
Patron
You're also selling swords and gatling guns to kids and the elderly in order to make money to pay that loan. And abusing novice adventurers to hunt monsters for you. This game is literally worse than GTA.
(not really)

29CF1F31D66AFEEC92CC80C9374D6506722EE01A

recettear 2014-09-11 18-35-34-90.jpg

recettear 2014-09-12 16-28-49-17.jpg
recettear 2014-09-15 23-36-23-53.jpg
recettear 2014-09-17 16-43-28-17.jpg

pippin

Capitalism ho is an actual quote from the game. I do want to play it just because of that.

pippin

EA is already on GOG and they have released tons of old games there. Just like Ubisoft and Activision. There must be more legal trouble with those than just a publisher willing (or not) to sell a game there.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I bet GoG is already working on it. They know Dark Omen means money. I have been waiting for years for some of the games on GoG but experience shows that they will all end up there eventually. All we need is a bit of patience.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
EA probably wants to get their own oldies to Origin.
So that might be one reason why those games haven't been released yet.
And they probably have to negotiate with GW for license, again.

pippin

EA probably wants to get their own oldies to Origin.
So that might be one reason why those games haven't been released yet.
And they probably have to negotiate with GW for license, again.

I think that last bit is the most problematic one. EA has been releasing their oldies on GOG pretty much non stop, although they do have them on Origin as well. They yet have to allow C&C and more Sims games into GOG, though. GW has proven to be quite erratic, on the other hand. But these new releases might be proof of good sales for them.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Dark Sun, Krynn Series
1 minute ago
0cfbfca06db06a1eba84c1dd2423d1169f65a5eb7d1583c49ed4549b879d9191.jpg

Saving throw successful. At the behest of the mighty wizards, you have made a thousand-hour journey through the Forgotten Realms. As you reminisce upon your experiences, the critical hits, and the skill checks, little do you know that your quest is far from over. At dawn, you choose a new path through the DRM-free realm of GOG.com, and seek more adventure in the realms of Krynn, Dark Sun, and Ravenloft.The missing pieces of cRPG history are coming back together! Our Dungeons & Dragons inventory just got bigger with three new packs containing seven long lost RPG digital premieres.--Dungeons & Dragons: Ravenloft Series - featuring Strahd's Possession, Stone Prophet - is one of the largest and most popular D&D settings ever. A gothic-noir universe ruled by the dark powers that be.--Dungeons & Dragons: Krynn Series - featuring Champions of Krynn, Death Knights of Krynn, The Dark Queen of Krynn - a trilogy of famous Dragonlance stories, based on the incredibly successful Forgotten Realms video-game formula.--Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Sun Series - featuring Shattered Lands, Wake of the Ravager - a pair of titles set in the post-apocalyptic take on D&D - a world where magic is banished and water is as scarce as hope.Traverse, and become lost once more in, the incredible digital worlds of Dungeons & Dragons - once again resurrected from video game limbo and delivered straight to your modern computer. Hassle free, DRM-free, on GOG.com!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom