Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Villagkouras

Arcane
I'm playing FO1 these days at work, definitely not children.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I have played with all the patches so dunno about the vanilla version. Well, still a good thing I still have the CD somewhere.

Brumaire

Educated
Morrowind doesn't even come with the soundtrack:retarded:
I know you can copy-paste it from the game files, but still...

Brumaire

Educated
The first two elder scrolls are with battlespire and redguards, 6 dorras each:happytrollboy:
Nope, seems they're with every "Bethesda" game (including Quake or Fallout). But considering you can get there for free in a easy to install .exe here (Arena) and here (Daggerfall), I don't see the point.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Checked Doom2 page
About: When you buy this game, The Elder Scrolls: Arena and The Elder Scrolls Chapter II: Daggerfall will be added to your GOG.com account for free!
And it's for other Beth's games.
The way to ruin the deal with big pile of aids-fueled shit in the customer face. Lovely.

EDIT One thing surprised me - Quake and Doom comes with addons right from the start. Some other old releases (I'm looking at you Lara) don't have that luck or they come delayed (Wing Commander, Alpha Centauri).

EDIT2 found in the description of Quake
With the main game soundtrack composed by Trent Reznor, you’re in for one heart-stopping hell of a ride.
Does that mean there is music in-game (it's not in originals nor Steam versions) or just marketing bait?
pacciulli: This version of quake has the soundtrack?
Thiev: yes, the game has CD-Audio added;
Good for these folk, who start their adventure with these games with GOG version.

Last edited:

Turjan

Arcane
Yeah, I'm surprised at this one as well. That they manage to get it to be stable at all is nice so no more banging my head in frustration getting this one to work anymore... YEAH!!!
Did anyone already try whether those actually run?

tormund

Arcane
EDIT One thing surprised me - Quake and Doom comes with addons right from the start. Some other old releases (I'm looking at you Lara) don't have that luck or they come delayed (Wing Commander, Alpha Centauri).

EDIT2 found in the description of Quake

Does that mean there is music in-game (it's not in originals nor Steam versions) or just marketing bait?

Good for these folk, who start their adventure with these games with GOG version.
This makes Steam releases of Doom and Quake obsolete. Especially Quake, where for the same price:
Steam version - only the base game without expansions which are sold separately, and without original CD music for both base game and expansions
GOG version - base game + expansions + music

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Seeing Doom, Quake and Fallout being referred to as "Bethesda Classics" made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

m8fk3cvh.png

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
So guys, Fallout changed names to Fallout Classic. Any ideas why?

I was wondering about that too,I guess someone will eventually post the differences between the original versions ans the bethesda versions

Koschey

Arcane
Morons on GOG complaining their Interplay versions with goodies weren't upgraded for free to the Bethesda versions without goodies. Nothing makes sense anymore.
:abyssgazer:

pippin

Installed FO games with Galaxy.
Clicking on the "Play" Button brings up Beth's launcher. So it's safe to say it's the Bethesda version. However, if you click on the "More" Button you will find an option for Fallout (Classic). This, apparently, is the old version.
However you guys better back up the extras. We don't know for sure if those will stay, since the Bethesda versions don't seem to include them.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
How are they going to make this (and Redguard) run?

Only one way to find out. Downloading Redguard now.

Battlespire ran more or less fine with DosBox set up correctly anyway.

Update: intro runs fine, the game too. The voice acting is typical Bethesda. No idea if there are any game breaking bugs mid-game or anything.

Weirdly though, I can't make it run in Windowed mode, nor take screenshots with Ctrl+F5.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Update: intro runs fine, the game too. The voice acting is typical Bethesda. No idea if there are any game breaking bugs mid-game or anything.

Weirdly though, I can't make it run in Windowed mode, nor take screenshots with Ctrl+F5.
Does it run in Dosbox? The game would typically crash after entering Clavicus Vile's realm.

While it is possible to run Redguard under DosBox more or less if you play with the configurations long enough, the game will crash for sure if you enter Clavicus Vile's realm. This crash is caused by the core DosBox is emulating. None of the various emulated core-types can prevent this (verified for DosBox v0.73 and 0.74). At the latest at this point you won't be able to proceed with the game. If you don't have access to a true DOS or Windows 95/98 machine there is nothing you can do about this. However with the program Glidos this is possible although it is not free.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yes, it's Dosbox. No idea about that particular bug. I won't have time to play it long enough in the near future anyway.

JudasIscariot Are you perhaps aware if Bethesda or GOG fixed that crash for the release?

spekkio

Arcane
Phew. Thank God they did not "update" original Falloutz I own.

:incline:

Morons on GOG complaining their Interplay versions with goodies weren't upgraded for free to the Bethesda versions without goodies. Nothing makes sense anymore.
:abyssgazer:
They can buy them again, giving money to Beth this time, after supporting Harve originally.

:yeah:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom