Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Neanderthal

Arcane
I'm hoping they still release Dark Omen, SotHR gave me a WFB boner and it's got nowhere to go right now.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Bethesda releasing anything on gog sounds far fetched, they probably Simply renewed they IP for Fallout and since the games are still on gog they updated their publisher status
As for old Event Horizon titles like Veil of Darkness and The Summoning I would love to see them beign available to a wider audience since The Summoning is one of my favorite but apparently had some issues running on dosbox

Khorne

Arbiter
Maybe using '/' everywhere as path seperator to relative mount paths will work since i think windows supports it as a path separator on at least some filesystems.
It'll work until there's a file or directory name with space in it. Then '\ ' must be used where the space is supposed to be. Or else the shell cannot find a path.
Though I'm not sure if this is the right place for discussing these things.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It'll work until there's a file or directory name with space in it. Then '\ ' must be used where the space is supposed to be. Or else the shell cannot find a path.
Though I'm not sure if this is the right place for discussing these things.
Nah, they can just use double quotes around mount paths everywhere. I suspect Gog can make dosbox installs 'usable' with the same data in all OS if they but try (check cue files for right case, be careful with mount paths case, separator and quotes).

Baron Dupek

Arcane
:desu:indeed.
Wait, what's this?
$1.40 OFF ANY FUTURE PURCHASE. You get bonus store credit (our Fair Price Package) to offset the regional pricing.
I can pay in dorra again, as a easterneuropean.
Still no potatos though.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
GOG Galaxy beta 1.1 updated: http://af.gog.com/news/gog_galaxy_first_major_update_available_now?as=1649904300

Rollback, friend search, pausing downloads, and more in the biggest update yet.

Have you tried the GOG Galaxy beta yet? This is an awesome chance to jump on board. Our DRM-free online gaming platform has already been tested by so many of you we can barely count, and today we're ready to roll out the first major patch with new features and plenty of quality of life optimizations.

Update 1.1 to the GOG Galaxy beta will bring the anticipated Rollback feature, allowing you to restore your game to prior states with just a single click. Game updates are now not only optional, but also reversible.

The weeks following our GOG Galaxy-powered release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt were a chance for the team to collect feedback and to work on perfecting the Client while addressing many of your top feature requests. The newest 1.1 update includes much-requested improvements to the friend system (making it easier to find and invite friends), pausing & resuming downloads, extended pre-installation options with more ways to configure your games, and an improved app UI and navigation. The entire client will now be more resource-friendly while also becoming faster.

The 1.1 update is available today for everyone enrolled to receive preview updates through GOG Galaxy, but it will also be rolling out very soon to the entire userbase. Those of you eager to test out the announced improvements today, can simply navigate to your GOG Galaxy settings screen and select the option to “Receive preview updates”.

To download the client and read about what’s new and improved in update 1.1, visit www.gog.com/galaxy. Make sure to subscribe to the preview updates to try them out yourself, and as always, you can submit your problems and find new solutions on the dedicated GOG Galaxy Beta forum thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

pippin

It downloads an update when you open it.
Also, Pillars of Eternity has a 33% discount right now.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So guys, Fallout changed names to Fallout Classic. Any ideas why?

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
But still, that would suggest GOG wanting to add something else fallouty to their store...

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Guys, quick, download and archive your GOG copies of Fallout before they get replaced with Bethesda versions without the Interplay logo and 'Brian Fargo Presents' splash screen.

pippin

Fallout Tactics also received the "Classic" treatment. Fallout Tactics 2 confirmed? :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom