Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
GOG is dead to me ever since Steam brought regional pricing to brazil. Games are ~30% cheaper on Steam and it doesn't require an international credit card to buy them. Twitcher 1&2 are probably forever going to be the only games I ever bought on GOG
I could list dozens of classics which Gog sells, but Steam doesn't, but I just leave it to you to find them.
And how many of them go straight into the pockets of classic developers?
What? :lol: Who the fuck cares about that? I support the devs which are around, but I don't give a flying fuck who gets the money for 2 decade old games. I use GOG and Steam because it is convenient to have my games in these libraries.
You seemed to imply I was missing out on those games or something.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
GOG is dead to me ever since Steam brought regional pricing to brazil. Games are ~30% cheaper on Steam and it doesn't require an international credit card to buy them. Twitcher 1&2 are probably forever going to be the only games I ever bought on GOG
I could list dozens of classics which Gog sells, but Steam doesn't, but I just leave it to you to find them.
And how many of them go straight into the pockets of classic developers?
What? :lol: Who the fuck cares about that? I support the devs which are around, but I don't give a flying fuck who gets the money for 2 decade old games. I use GOG and Steam because it is convenient to have my games in these libraries.
You seemed to imply I was missing out on those games or something.
I know you pirated some games or bought it on Steam. I just implied that I don't use GOG or Steam to support non-existend devs, but because of conveniency.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Last edited by a moderator:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I expected something better than big-eyed desu invasion.
Remove Moonrunes.
You are the worst sushi.

Is the current generation of consoles that bad? They spend time doing remasters and not making new (dorito or not) games instead?

pippin

Now that's the AAA games I want to see.
What next, tripleB?

tripleX.

Is the current generation of consoles that bad? They spend time doing remasters and not making new (dorito or not) games instead?

There are a number of new franchises but the gaymurz will only buy remasters and then blame the "industry" because nobody releases anything new anymore.
Compare the reaction to new ips vs remasters in the last E3.

Bruticis

Albion isn't published by GOG? Looks like I'll wait for the superior steam version.

Grim Monk

Arcane
The "save bug" in Prisoner of Ice, which was only happening in the Mac version, has been fixed :)

Good :salute: Job.

Would be awesome if some of the older releases which are plagued with easily solvable problems got a update.

Its a bit of letdown that they were released without Manuals or Documentation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bruticis

AFAIK Ubisoft is not selling their classic titles on Steam.

Uplay version is more likely, if you want some kind of DRM.

:troll:
Of course, Ubisoft is completely content to lock their classic titles from Steam with it's tiny user base. Ubi already has several other Ubisoft/Blue Byte Software games on Steam.

flyingjohn

Arcane
For anybody interested in metroidvanias ,gog has released aquaria.

It is a fun underwater metroidvania made by the same guy who made spelunky.
Here is a pretty good review of it :

Humppaleka

Cipher
I tried getting into Aquaria a few times, every time stopping after a few hours. Just doesn't appeal to me. :| Somehow it felt boring.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I tried getting into Aquaria a few times, every time stopping after a few hours. Just doesn't appeal to me. :| Somehow it felt boring.
I felt the same way and I love the genre. Played the game, got bored but tried to force myself to keep on a few times. In the end, I felt like enough was enough and uninstalled.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom