Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I swear that Deus Ex Revision will be released soon...
Grab Deus Ex if you still don't have one. And no, "backlog" and "summersale pile of games" is not an excuse.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
http://af.gog.com/promo/weekly_staff_picks_mars_attacks_130715?as=1649904300
Don't ask me why there's Serious Sam. And there are the old versions, not HD. And for some reason price is same, no matter if you buy one or all/

About UFO trilogy:
Best one is Aftershock, use ACM 2.0 mod (add ton of guns, armors and gear + better AI, especially cultists). This and Long War for nuX-Com are best (after classic Eenemy Unknown obviously).
You might try Afterlight, but artstyle stink.
Aftermatch is mess and there're three difficulty spikes, that might turn you to stone age (i.e. make new game).
Both Aftershock and Afterlight don't have unlimited income of canon fodder, every soldier count.

Last edited by a moderator:

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
And they are all mediocre. There are better strategy games out there to waste time on.

pippin

The After- games are ok if you *really* need some ayylmao extermination and XCOM or Xenonauts aren't enough for you. But only then.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The usability of the GOG library is shit. You can't even manually move the boxes around anymore. Sorting is joke. And when I say boxes I mean that fugly shit with the white border underneath repeating the name you see on the cover, where are my good 'ol boxes ?! :argh:

I know it has been this way a while, but I just can't stand this crappy library anymore. It's a fucking mess.
Any news JudasIscariot ?

Err I don't know. I have nothing to do with UI/web/UX things, sorry.

Since your a "community" guy you could at least let someone in your chain of command know how much people despise the new library...

Doktor Best

Arcane
http://af.gog.com/promo/weekly_staff_picks_mars_attacks_130715?as=1649904300
Don't ask me why there's Serious Sam. And there are the old versions, not HD. And for some reason price is same, no matter if you buy one or all/

About UFO trilogy:
Best one is Aftermath, use ACM 2.0 mod (add ton of guns, armors and gear + better AI, especially cultists). This and Long War for nuX-Com are best (after classic Eenemy Unknown obviously).
You might try Afterlight, but artstyle stink.
Aftershock is mess and there're three difficulty spikes, that might turn you to stone age (i.e. make new game).
Both Aftershock and Afterlight don't have unlimited income of canon fodder, every soldier count.

So basically youre telling me aftershock is the only game with the same hardcore difficulty like the original? and therefor its the worst of the series? Why?

Its a genuine question, i want to try it out but i only want to buy one for now. Your explanations and your suggestions which game to buy are confusing me.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
So basically youre telling me aftershock is the only game with the same hardcore difficulty like the original? and therefor its the worst of the series? Why?
Its a genuine question, i want to try it out but i only want to buy one for now. Your explanations and your suggestions which game to buy are confusing me.

Because other stuff, like "every soldier count", not HP bloat of most enemies, grenades are winbuttons.... inb4 "durr, it was in the original, hurr".
As someone mentioned - After- are AA tier easterneuropean titles, that I would buy&play over any western shit, like JA: Flashback or tactical games with cartoon artstyle/Unity.
Grab the Aftershock, install ACM 2.0 and you're done.

Wanna XCOM - grab OpenXcom or Xenonauts or play original for 60910954541846004 time.

EDIT Geezus I put the wrong game in the previous post. Aftermatch have these difficulty spikes.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wanted to buy a boxed version available here in Poland ($12), but this GOG deal is the better one, especially since it comes with the soundtrack, etc. Sold!

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
...It only costs you 12 fuckin' bucks for the boxed edition?!

I spent 100 on mine.
:negative:

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
The usability of the GOG library is shit. You can't even manually move the boxes around anymore. Sorting is joke. And when I say boxes I mean that fugly shit with the white border underneath repeating the name you see on the cover, where are my good 'ol boxes ?! :argh:

I know it has been this way a while, but I just can't stand this crappy library anymore. It's a fucking mess.
Any news JudasIscariot ?

Since your a "community" guy you could at least let someone in your chain of command know how much people despise the new library...

I am sure there's been feedback good and bad regarding the shelf already :)

mindx2

Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Any news JudasIscariot ?

Just let them know the RPG Codex hates the new library... I'm sure that will get their attention. Such a Prestigious Magazine/Forum that we are.... :rpgcodex:

Also, hate to say it but your company there is really going down hill. Selling all that hispter indie crap like "REUS" and "Sang-Foid" (I mean, really?!) yet no AntharioN, Legends of Eisenwald or Serpent in the Staglands is downright bizarre!!

:mob:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Any news JudasIscariot ?

Just let them know the RPG Codex hates the new library... I'm sure that will get their attention. Such a Prestigious Magazine/Forum that we are.... :rpgcodex:

Also, hate to say it but your company there is really going down hill. Selling all that hispter indie crap like "REUS" and "Sang-Foid" (I mean, really?!) yet no AntharioN, Legends of Eisenwald or Serpent in the Staglands is downright bizarre!!

:mob:
Serpent in the Staglands is on GOG.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Well I'll be... :oops: I stand corrected on that one (stupid error on my part really as that is how I have the game) but not having the others is baffling.
It's not like GOG conspires against them, they just don't meet the requirements which are probably the same for everyone

mindx2

Patron
Well I'll be... :oops: I stand corrected on that one (stupid error on my part really as that is how I have the game) but not having the others is baffling.

Don't worry, we got some "hispter indie crap" lined up just for you tomorrow. You'll love it, I guarantee :P

Hopefully it's a golden-oldie...

It's not like GOG conspires against them, they just don't meet the requirements which are probably the same for everyone

I don't think it's a "conspiracy" but to not have those two games there while some of that other "hispter indie crap" gets on is baffling.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Gog is very busy right now trying to rescue a bunch of games from Desura now that the latter's parent company filed for bankruptcy. You heard it here first... since I just totally made that up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom