Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Exactly. I stopped using that feature due to my deep suspicion nobody at GoG gives the slightest of shits about it.

You don't think it might be because rereleasing old PC games, where issues of licensing, ownership, and compatibility abound, might not be as straight forward as seeing that your customers want a specific game?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Exactly. I stopped using that feature due to my deep suspicion nobody at GoG gives the slightest of shits about it.

You don't think it might be because rereleasing old PC games, where issues of licensing, ownership, and compatibility abound, might not be as straight forward as seeing that your customers want a specific game?

Maybe but it's done, I chose to be butthurt.

Blackstaff

Arbiter
Rumors has it that there is a "very big thing" coming on GOG next tuesday. If you want some sources : Judas is hyping the hell out of it since a month now and there is this :

http://af.gog.com/forum/general/coming_up_on_twitchtvgogcom_e3167/post605?as=1649904300

GOG twitchers seems to be in the knowing ;)

No fucking clues at what that could be, but thought that was worth to share.

Looks like I fell for the hype :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsH-K3agc18

There is a QA and a stream for The witcher 3 the same day, but seriously... :hmmm:

Last edited by a moderator:

pippin

Did you expected something else? TW3 is like 2 or 3 weeks away, it was quite obvious they'd do that.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Looks like GOG recently sent Galaxy alpha keys to quite a few applicants including me.

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Looks like GOG recently sent Galaxy alpha keys to quite a few applicants including me.
I got the key as well. Looks like a very simple version of the Steam client, if it can auto patch games, that's all I want

cw8

Cipher
I got the alpha key as well only yesterday despite being a regular poster since 2009. Well under settings, there's
Game Auto-Updating
Achievements
Game Time Tracking
Friends and Chat
Notifications
all greyed-out so I assume they're all coming soon?

grudgebringer

List of friends combining with game time tracking would be enough for me to start using gog again.

Can someone make a screenshot of the interface layout?

upd. Nevermind, already found it. Looks neat. I like that currently it is simple and clean. Wish it stay that way and out of bloat with features.

Last edited by a moderator:

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I see a number of other problems with the client as of now. For instance, it doesn't recognize already installed games (at least most of them).

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I see a number of other problems with the client as of now. For instance, it doesn't recognize already installed games (at least most of them).
You can import them one at a time.

Go to more->manage->import folder

I'm trying out the scan and import feature right now.

pippin

I have the Fallouts+WL1 and 2 installed and it only detected wl2. Tried to add the folders one by one but it says "did not find games to import".
I thought it had to do with games you got for free but I bought the Wasteland series, so it can't be that.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ok, after importing maybe half my installed games, I did the scan and import and the only game it found was the Witcher Adventure game I haven't deleted yet for some reason.

Looks like it's 1 by 1 to get anything done.

I have the Fallouts+WL1 and 2 installed and it only detected wl2. Tried to add the folders one by one but it says "did not find games to import".
I thought it had to do with games you got for free but I bought the Wasteland series, so it can't be that.
I've had no problem importing individual games.

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I tried the scan and import, and it only detected PoE, and when I tried to play it from within the client, it gave some errors. Well, they did say it was "alpha" :)

Turjan

Arcane
I have been using the alpha for a few months now, and yes, the import feature still makes a big mess out of everything. Look for duplicated registry entries.

Edit: Incidentally, it claims my PoE installation is an "unknown game version".
The answer to this is not easy, either, as they insist on using their own version number scheme.

Last edited:

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Game time tracker works! Fuck yeah!
Does it work for every game or just a few?
I don't know, but it works for Cannon Fodder and Wizardry 6, and I doubt that someone at GOG was thinking "Let's put this feature to test on... let's say... cannon fodder and wiz6 only" :)

Also, updating takes fucking ages. It takes as much time as downloading the game from scratch and installing it. I hope that's not what the galaxy client is doing...

Edit: galaxy just downloaded a 2GB "patch" for Dragonfall :M

Last edited:

Bruticis

The client is terrible. What exactly is the point of this thing at this stage?

tuluse

Arcane
So some people wanted pictures I think.

nyCvCsA.jpg

02NXY5R.png

NadSTO5.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom