Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
The only interesting game that was added today is Majesty HD and I already have it on Steam.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
:3/5:

I was hoping for "We changed our mind and our current and future games will no longer be Steam Exclusive because it is an insult to all grand strategy players to assume they are too retarded to install a patch manually" but no, just totally irrelevant titles surpassed by their sequels that were already DRM-free in Gamersgate(not to be confused with Gamergate)...

Fuck you Paradox Interactive.
I think you have it backwards. Paradox doesn't want to deal with multiple patching/updating systems which is why the consolidated to Steam.

It's old games because they're not going to support them anymore.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The only interesting game that was added today is Majesty HD and I already have it on Steam.
I had Majesty HD on steam and the original Majesty Gold on disc. But you can't own Majesty HD enough, so obviously I bought it. :D

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You're welcome but don't thank me :) I didn't do the hard work required to bring the game to GOG :)
Sure, but I thought I still need to send a big thank you, since I pestered you with this.

Although, to be a bit critical, some nice wallpapers, avatars and other goodies would be nice in the bonus section, because the only extra stuff you can download is the manual. :)

Last edited:

Grim Monk

Arcane
From the "Crusader Kings 1" Description:
Play all religious orders – choose between the Knight´s Templars, The Knights of St John, The Teutonic Order or the Order of Calatrava and the Order of Santiago
http://af.gog.com/game/crusader_kings_complete?as=1649904300

:whatho:
That is a blatant lie and false advertising!
Your only choices are Catholic & Orthodox feudal dynasties, you can't play as any "Religious Orders" in CK1.

Last edited by a moderator:

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
From the "Crusader Kings 1" Description:
Play all religious orders – choose between the Knight´s Templars, The Knights of St John, The Teutonic Order or the Order of Calatrava and the Order of Santiago
http://af.gog.com/game/crusader_kings_complete?as=1649904300

:whatho:
That is a blatant lie and false advertising!
Your only choices are Catholic & Orthodox feudal dynasties, you can't play as any "Religious Orders" in CK1.

We didn't write the description, I'll tell you that much :)

Last edited by a moderator:

cw8

Cipher
:3/5:

I was hoping for "We changed our mind and our current and future games will no longer be Steam Exclusive because it is an insult to all grand strategy players to assume they are too retarded to install a patch manually" but no, just totally irrelevant titles surpassed by their sequels that were already DRM-free in Gamersgate(not to be confused with Gamergate)...

Fuck you Paradox Interactive.

Hopefully Galaxies changes their opinions.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Paradox's appearance on GOG may have something to do with them publishing Pillars of Eternity, which has been promised to come to GOG since the Kickstarter campaign. This would mean other, non-ancient, Paradox games may appear there too in the future (just pure speculation on my part).

Baron Dupek

Arcane
If you like Mount & Blade then you can give it a shot. On the other hand - official release of With Fire and Sword is worse than mod so...*

*based on the opinion on others, few years back.

pippin

That weekend promo looks sweet. Everybody should own Empire Earth and Ground Control.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
^
Games with violence / nazi symbols banned in Germany?

Serves you right for disappointing the Fuhrer.

:M

Morkar Left

Does that mean I can't buy/own english versions of games when a german version is available?

pippin

^ That was known a while ago, and the devs were ok with aussie people pirating it. It's not really GoG's fault.

Turjan

Arcane
Does that mean I can't buy/own english versions of games when a german version is available?
No, it should not have any influence on the game languages that are available. However, it was only a matter of time until they would have to comply with the laws that ban the sale of certain games in Germany, as those laws include online sales. You can still legally buy them from somewhere else and import them yourself.

Let's see how Galaxy will handle this. At the moment, my client is in German, with no option to change this, even though my account language is English. Then again, it's an alpha.

Last edited:

Morkar Left

That sucks. Basically forces me to give a fake adress in usa or something like I already have to do for other distribution platforms just to buy some online stuff. It's only getting worse.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
That sucks. Basically forces me to give a fake adress in usa or something like I already have to do for other distribution platforms just to buy some online stuff. It's only getting worse.

So how is this wonderful globalization working out for you?

Morkar Left

It's actually not globalization at all. It's backpaddeling from globalization by forcing your internet to adapt to local rules.

Turjan

Arcane
That sucks. Basically forces me to give a fake adress in usa or something...
In most cases of German censorship, an Austrian or Swiss address is completely sufficient :D. Of course, it also depends a bit on how lazy a publisher is.

But yeah. I'm not a fan of the increasingly strict regulation of the internet, either. Somehow, all good things tend to come to an end.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom