Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

A user named cat

doA3ibd.png

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Toonstruck is a great game. I still have the original box somewhere... and yea, about time the Discworlds were added as well.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Toonstruck is a great game. I still have the original box somewhere... and yea, about time the Discworlds were added as well.

Same here, and ditto.

I had never heard about Toonstruck only being "half the game", and would snap up the sequel in a heartbeat.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member

Same here, and ditto.

I had never heard about Toonstruck only being "half the game", and would snap up the sequel in a heartbeat.

Well, it was relatively short - I guess this explains why.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
HINT: CHAMPION enemies are powerful and will enrage often.
:hmmm:
Am I the only one seeing hints (p.dumb one and obvious, lol champions are tougher, who could guess...not modern gaymer surely) in graphic like this one, that belong to games played with people with servicable brian?
:2/5:/:5/5:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
WE NEED YOUR HELP: JOIN US FOR THE GOG GALAXY STRESS TEST

Help us break the GOG Galaxy servers!

Our venture into GOG Galaxy started not too long ago, so far our infrastructure supports online multiplayer for Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000, Double Dragon Trilogy and of course The Witcher Adventure Game. It's been pretty smooth sailing, but there is still so much ahead of us. We want to learn everything we can about our infrastructure under a lot of stress, how much we can handle before weird stuff starts to happen. That means plenty of people doing all kinds of things at once - rolling dice, beating up baddies, killing aliens.

We're going to be hanging out in-game, and we'd like you to join us in trying to break our servers.

-We want to throw everything we can at our infrastructure. We'd like you to help us break it on Thursday, February 12 starting at 4:00 PM GMT. No worries if you're late, we'll be at it for a while. You can check your local time right here!

-Simply launch your GOG.com copy of Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000, Double Dragon Trilogy, The Witcher Adventure Game, join an existing multiplayer game or create your own, and have a good time! We'll be there too.

Once you've had a chance to play, let us know how your online experience went, and what we can do to improve it (keep in mind we're not testing the games themselves, but the online infrastructure). You can vent, praise, and anything in between, right here in this forum thread. We'll be watching!

Thank you!

http://af.gog.com/news/we_need_your_help_join_us_for_the_gog_galaxy_stress_test?as=1649904300

Oh, and also they've released Seven Kingdoms 2 HD: http://af.gog.com/game/seven_kingdoms_2?as=1649904300

e3263a135c0b5d5a1a3ea505a5e31b10155a407de5c6a98a242ca62c802ffa75.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
HINT: CHAMPION enemies are powerful and will enrage often.
:hmmm:
Am I the only one seeing hints (p.dumb one and obvious, lol champions are tougher, who could guess...not modern gaymer surely) in graphic like this one, that belong to games played with people with servicable brian?
:2/5:/:5/5:

The <CHAMPION> bit is a prefix that lets you know it's a particular variety of monster, it does not simply belie its power. Basically, the game has several prefixes that can be generated on a monster, think of them as tags, I guess.

Here's another skeleton with prefixes and a more useful hint:

c066161fc4d9d07099f2f112c9b600a2ba3f6952.jpg

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I was thinking about Galaxy in the last days, wondering where are they in development at the moment. It seems it will be while util we can use it in any meaningful way, they are just scraping the system together.

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
First of all, Warner Bros on GOG is massive fucking :incline:

Second, if someone would kindly provide me with an email address to contact GOG support directly, that would be real rad. I was hoping to participate in the big server breakage today, but can't, since I'm residing in Beijing at the moment and neither autoupdating nor logging in works for AVP. Neither does most of the website itself. I can neither post on the forums, nor can I contact support. The website layout is all sorts of screwed up, both on the web and mobile versions.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
First of all, Warner Bros on GOG is massive fucking :incline:

Second, if someone would kindly provide me with an email address to contact GOG support directly, that would be real rad. I was hoping to participate in the big server breakage today, but can't, since I'm residing in Beijing at the moment and neither autoupdating nor logging in works for AVP. Neither does most of the website itself. I can neither post on the forums, nor can I contact support. The website layout is all sorts of screwed up, both on the web and mobile versions.

What do you need, Fronzel? :D

Anyways, China is rather problematic for us mostly due to the so-called Great Firewall of China so if you are experiencing some major issues in getting to us, well, that is beyond our control, unfortunately :(

A horse of course

Using a paid VPN is pretty much mandatory for getting anything done from the PRC (sauce: me). Unfortunately even these aren't foolproof - they are frequently targeted as part of censorship crackdowns, especially during "sensitive" events like the HK protests, and may also interfere with the security protocols at the sites you're trying to use. Don't be surprised if your bank card gets temporarily frozen the first time you use it via a VPN (typically you can jsut ring the bank and they'll sort it out). I would recommend getting one anyway. I've used GoG et al more than once using them.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Toonstruck! I even recently pirated that because it was not on GOG. Now I can delete the ISO.
Christopher Lloyd is the best.

Warner Bros is massive incline too. Mortal Kombat was one of the first PC games I have ever played, so I am definitely getting that.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Warner Bros is massive inclince just because of the Lego titles. Everything else is just sugar on top. :)

So enjoy.

Cassidy

Arcane

:3/5:

I was hoping for "We changed our mind and our current and future games will no longer be Steam Exclusive because it is an insult to all grand strategy players to assume they are too retarded to install a patch manually" but no, just totally irrelevant titles surpassed by their sequels that were already DRM-free in Gamersgate(not to be confused with Gamergate)...

Fuck you Paradox Interactive.

Last edited by a moderator:

pippin

Screw it, it's still :incline: even if I'm not a big fan of grand strategy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom