Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
CyberGod is telling you to go to Pirate Bay, apparently.

If you can't trust a cybergod, who can you trust?

SHODAN_hires.jpg

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Is it any good? :P

I have not played an adventure since King's Quest II. I think it's time...
It's very good, better than most wadjet eye titles individually and with some hard puzzles, with multiple endings too.
edit: i just realized that 'wadjet eye' will not mean anything for you... they're most of the current competition.

I have played (and finished) it this past weekend and I have really enjoyed it. The theme, story and writing are in my opinion really good. The gameplay (solving puzzles and such) is not really my thing, but I think it paces the unraveling of the story, and never became really frustrating (having Crisping giving you hints if you are stuck is a great idea for the puzzle-impaired like me).

Worth the full price. And shameful having paid for it less than what fucking Starbucks charged me for a coffee last friday.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I got to Metropol when I played it last and thoroughly enjoyed it so far - definitely ranks up there with my favourite adventure games of old. Personally I think that Crispin's a bit too much of a nod to Morte, but still lovable. Anyway, the game definitely needs a continuation in the same setting, it's just too good not to revisit.

The only thing I'd like to see changed is to have a bit higher res graphics that would also fill my whole 1920x1080 res without any blank space. But definitely in the same Kirbyan style, which works really well.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Those 90's cinematic Rebel Assault-esque games, I thought that was a dead end, turned out the world wasn't ready for the popamole yet. I've never played Cyberia but I remember it because I couldnt take my eyes of the screenshots in magazines.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So, how's Jedi Knight? Does it work? Dynamic music good?
It works fine on my windows 7 32-bit toaster, didn't pay much attention to the music.

Well, the music not working is the issue with the game as it is on Steam. I found a workaround but it involves several annoying steps and i was wondering if GOG managed to make everything work out of the box.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, fuck it, curiosity got the better of me. So i got the damn thing, and yes, everything appears to work out of the box, including the music. Maybe i'll finally give this game another spin, even though i already finished it three times.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Well, fuck it, curiosity got the better of me. So i got the damn thing, and yes, everything appears to work out of the box, including the music. Maybe i'll finally give this game another spin, even though i already finished it three times.

It's definitely worth a replay: I started my 6th(?) play-through last night and finished this evening. I'm tempted to say it has the best FPS level design ever, and the cutscenes have held up surprisingly well for live-action FMVs over CGI backdrops.

Plus, force pulling a rifle out of a storm troopers hands and then chopping his arm off never gets old. :)

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Toonstruck!

Wait a minute, how is it published by Herve? It wasn't an Interplay-published game. Maybe the license holder is working with him? But why wouldn't he use Night Dive Studios?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toonstruck#Re-release_and_Sequel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_Interactive

The Company's assets were acquired by the French publisher Titus Software—its name was changed to Avalon Interactive on July 1, 2003. Titus/Avalon became defunct in 2005.

Edit: oh god someone named the "list of games" as "ludography".

Last edited:

Starwars

Arcane
I loved Toonstruck! Cool that they managed to get it. I really hope they can manage to get the Discworlds up at some point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom