Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Expeditions Conquistador for $4.99. http://af.gog.com/game/expeditions_conquistador/?as=1649904300
It was one of the biggest surprises in recent years for me. I bought it for shits and giggles (I really wanted a game in that setting) and the game was actually very well done. Turn-based racist simulator (that's how I played it) with turn-based combat that takes places on a hex-based grid.

Blackguards for $11.24. http://af.gog.com/game/blackguards_special_edition/?as=1649904300
I completed this earlier this week and it is another solid turn-based tactical rpg that is worth giving a shot. I had trouble understanding the stat and ability system at first, but I came back to it and had a great time when I figured out how to build my characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

pippin

If I remember correctly, that's the lowest price Blackguards has been so far, although it has been on sale almost everywhere a number of times. Sadly I don't have money, but still managed to grab Driftmoon, Shadow Warrior and Jagged Alliance the other day.

Martius

Liturgist
Oh, thats really low price for Blackguards! There is even some dlc. Is it worth to pick it up alongside base game?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I bought the DLC when it was on sale but I don't even remember which quests belong to the DLC and I never even bothered to check it out afterwards, either. I don't mind in retrospect as I was happy with the game and a few extra quests from the DLC made an enjoyable game a bit longer.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Expeditions Conquistador for $4.99. http://af.gog.com/game/expeditions_conquistador/?as=1649904300
It was one of the biggest surprises in recent years for me. I bought it for shits and giggles (I really wanted a game in that setting) and the game was actually very well done. Turn-based racist simulator (that's how I played it) with turn-based combat that takes places on a hex-based grid.

Blackguards for $11.24. http://af.gog.com/game/blackguards_special_edition/?as=1649904300
I completed this earlier this week and it is another solid turn-based tactical rpg that is worth giving a shot. I had trouble understanding the stat and ability system at first, but I came back to it and had a great time when I figured out how to build my characters.

Do use the Codex referral please ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Martius

Liturgist
P.S. GOG is shit and Gaben is the only true path to redemption.
I am so sorry! It wasn't my intention to insult or annoy you. I had no idea its taken since there wasn't any any warning like "Property of Bruticis. Do not fucking touch!"
As for GOG I prefer drm free games. If steam could combine it with its convenience (or the other way around) it would be truly path to redemption.

Last edited:

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
No but I like this avatar from Icewind Dale 2. I hope there is nothing wrong with that.
I'm back, get a new avatar you noob.

I think this should be your avatar Brut

Dennis%2BFranz%2B-%2BEddie.jpg

Bruticis

I am so sorry! It wasn't my intention to insult or annoy you. I had no idea its taken since there wasn't any any warning like "Property of Bruticis. Do not fucking touch!"
As for GOG I prefer drm free games. If steam could combine it with its convenience (or the other way around) it would be truly path to redemption.
GOG games aren't DRM free as they require an initial login to get your games. If you lose your password and some chiense gangsters hacked your email, you wouldn't be able to get your games. DRM free my arse.

garren

Arcane
Patron
Having to log into something is not DRM. The login is there to identify you as the owner of the account. Steam requires you to have a dedicated client to download and install games, gog doesn't. Plus gog games are guaranteed to not contain any extra DRM on top of that.

Martius

Liturgist
GOG games aren't DRM free as they require an initial login to get your games. If you lose your password and some chiense gangsters hacked your email, you wouldn't be able to get your games. DRM free my arse.
Well, but I can just back them up on hard drive or dvd and I wont have to worry about any extra program to run them later. Still its not as good as it was in past but these times probably wont come back.

Bruticis

Trolling on autopilot, how shameful. I guess old age has finally caught up with Brut.
I just wanted JudasIscariot to know I was back and representing Gaben's interest in things again. Far too long has the evil of GOG and Judas been allowed to spread in this vile thread.

Bruticis

Plus gog games are guaranteed to not contain any extra DRM on top of that.
Oh nice, so they removed the MP key requirements for NWN, Sacred Gold, UT2004, Two Worlds and Fry Gold... Oh wait, no they didn't.

Divinity: Original Sin

I would be able to get them on pirate bay and play them the same way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom