Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Last edited by a moderator:

octavius

Arcane
Patron

Alchemist

Arcane
Intriguing - I hadn't heard of this one. Wishlisting it for now. Look at all those stats:
RAsN9hN.jpg

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh god it's bloodnet all over again. I guarantee you those stats are meaningless.

Intriguing - I hadn't heard of this one. Wishlisting it for now. Look at all those stats:

Would a character with zero points in walk essentially be a cripple or is it balanced system where some other stat(s) are used instead such as charisma or translating?

buzz

Arcane
Worse bloodnet would be quite accurate I think, even the time limit is more severe. I've never managed to finish it.

But the story/writing was pretty good.

catfood

AGAIN
Terraria is now up on GOG. Strange, I thought I read how its devs would nevar evar in a million years release a DRM free version.

Turjan

Arcane
Terraria is now up on GOG. Strange, I thought I read how its devs would nevar evar in a million years release a DRM free version.
Well, I guess, now that everyone owns three keys of that game with no one to give them to, it's time to sell it a fourth time. I could have used that when I was playing Terraria on my asthmatic Netbook that struggled with Steam+Terraria, before it finally died.

belated

Augur
Another one of those "buy games without knowing what they are" promos on GOG now.

Good if, like me, you're apparently keen on wasting 6$ on stuff you'll never play. Thanks a lot, game-picking algorithm! Could at least have chosen one of them from my wishlist...

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
The link to the sale belated is referring to is here and there are a few games on sale that are pretty decent:

http://af.gog.com/mutator/?as=1649904300

The sale is pretty good by itself. Wing Commander 3, Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail, and Silent Service 1+2 all for about $1.50 each. The complete Geneforge Sage for less than $4.

I'm curious to know what kind of random games folks are getting with the $2 mutators. Is it a spread between bad and good games, or is mostly the crap rated for 4 stars or less that no one ever buys?

Keshik

Arcane
Nice, got the Thief series and got Chains of Satinav, Grimrock and Sword of the Samurai. Latter doesn't look that appealing but will play at least one of those.

Coyote

Arcane
I'm curious to know what kind of random games folks are getting with the $2 mutators. Is it a spread between bad and good games, or is mostly the crap rated for 4 stars or less that no one ever buys?

http://af.gog.com/forum/general/mystery_mutator_game_list/page1?as=1649904300

Ok, since someone has to I'll start the list and try to keep it updated, so please post the games you unlocked in the current promo :)

Day 1 (let's see if they will change during the week)

Banished
Blackwell Bundle
Blackwell Epiphany
Cannon Fodder 2
Capitalism 2
Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav
Democracy 3
Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition
Duke Nukem 1+2
Eador Genesis
Fist Puncher
Gods will be watching: Special Edition
Hotline Miami
Influx
King of Dragon Pass
Legend of Grimrock
Megarace 1+2
Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief
Rex Nebular and the Cosmic Gender Bender
Sword of the Samurai
Trine Enchanted Edition
Trine 2 ? second confirmation would be great
Wingcommander 1+2

Here is also a spreadsheet done by OdanUrr where you can see how often games were mentioned here as being received from the promo: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...qi2U6UY9dNPaugtW1Wg/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

And here a great topic by The-Business how to evaluate what games you will probably get for mutant games: http://af.gog.com/forum/general/mutator_promo_how_to_get_a_clue_about_mutator_games?as=1649904300

From the second link, it appears that you can narrow down what games you're going to get before concluding the transaction by looking at the total discount and the order in which games are listed:

GOG reveals some information about the Mutator games which help you get a clue about them or even identify them.

What to do:
1. Select 3 games you want to buy.
2. Check 1 to 3 checkboxes for mutator games.
3. Proceed to checkout.

Not valid (was: "Clue #1: Even the mutator games are sorted alphabetically by the name of the hidden game. [...].")

Clue #1b: Get the release date of games on GOG. Discovered by Cavalry.
1. Open the page source in your browser (from context menu, View menu, Developer Tools or something similar).
2. Press Ctrl/Cmd + F.
3. Search for: from"
4. Search for the date on MaGOG or in JMich's list. Convert it from YYYY-MM-DD to MM/DD/YYYY
Not sure if you can always trust the dates, according to this information one of my games would be Warlords Battlecry 3 (which I already own).

2009-02-24 Capitalism 2
2009-04-30 MegaRace 1+2
2011-08-25 Wing Commander 1+2
2012-03-27 Trine Enchanted Edition
2012-04-11 Legend of Grimrock
2012-05-12 Blackwell Bundle
2012-08-28 King of Dragon Pass
2012-10-23 Hotline Miami
2012-11-22 Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav
2012-12-04 Eador: Genesis
2012-12-06 Duke Nukem 1+2
2013-02-07 Cannon Fodder 2
2013-07-23 InFlux
2013-08-06 Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition
2013-09-24 Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief
2013-10-15 Democracy 3
2013-11-28 Fist Puncher
2013-12-03 Trine 2
2014-02-18 Banished
2014-03-06 Sword of the Samurai
2014-03-13 Rex Nebular and the Cosmic Gender Bender
2014-04-24 Blackwell Epiphany
2014-07-24 Gods Will Be Watching: Special Edition

Clue #2: The total discount. You can calculate the original price of the mutator games (spreadsheet helps, especially if you want to try severaltimes):
4. Calculate the sum of "Order total" and "You save".
5. Deduct the normal prices of the games you selected. You get the sum of the prices of the mutator games (or the price if you selected only 1 game).

Now you can have a look at the prices of the games in the Mystery Mutator game list. For the moment, you find them here, but be aware that games marked with * are regionally priced (I found only the prices for the US and Germany):

Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition

31.49 (Germany)
*Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief

*Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav

Democracy 3
*Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief (US)

*Gods will be watching: Special Edition

Banished
*Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav (US)
*Gods will be watching: Special Edition (US)
Trine 2

Blackwell Bundle (also 11.99 if you count the current discount)
Blackwell Epiphany
Legend of Grimrock
Trine Enchanted Edition

Capitalism 2
Fist Puncher
Hotline Miami
Influx

Cannon Fodder 2
Duke Nukem 1+2
Eador Genesis
King of Dragon Pass
Megarace 1+2
Rex Nebular and the Cosmic Gender Bender
Sword of the Samurai
Wingcommander 1+2

So regional pricing helps to identify Banished (unless Trine 2 is really included). Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition seems to be always identifyable by looking at the total discount.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The last time they did this my 2 mutators were Geneforge 1-5 and Avernum 1-6, so I was pretty happy with it since I didn't own any of them.

pippin

New mutator promo games are up. I have most of them, but I think it's time to finally own a legal copy of Shadow Warrior :P

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I haven't jumped into this yet. I was tempted to do so in the last one since there seemed to be some decent $2 mutagen prizes, but mostly I would have gotten it just to add games I have already played long ago (Leisure Suit Larry, Wing Commander 3, etc) into my collection.

This round there are fewer games I am interested in and don't already have (Dust maybe), and I read that they are giving away Jack Keane this time, which definitely has scared me away. :)

You should definitely get:

Wizardry 8
Jagged Alliance
Divine Divinity

I do recommend the following as at least adequate to pretty good games:

Shadowrun Returns
Farhenheit (Indigo Prophecy)- Could have been a great game if not for the horrible third act
The Sam & Max Games
Driftmoon
Shadow Warrior

Avoid:

Beyond Divinity
Overlord: Fun for the first couple hours, and dull soon after

I have Divinity 2, Deponia, Aarklash, Trine 2, Nexus, The Cat Lady, Tex Murphy, and Space Chem and have heard good things about all of them and have yet to play them. Probably because I am posting here instead of getting to it.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I heard good things about the Cat Lady as well, but I found the beginning of the game terrible, and given the control scheme, I seriously doubt it will get better.

I would also say Indigo Prophecy is not good. Silly story and QTEs the game.

belated

Augur
The Cat Lady is awesome.

Sure, the UI isn't the best and it can be a bit slow in the beginning (at least the steam version seemed to be, didn't notice when I played the gog version earlier...) but the story more than makes up for it.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom