Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

:Flash:

Arcane
The only thing that needed improvement was the shelf, and that's the only thing they didn't change.:decline:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
The only thing that needed improvement was the shelf, and that's the only thing they didn't change.:decline:

What they needed to change was the forums.
Open a new sub forum for Giveaways.
Open a new sub forum for the funnybois, retards and village idiots to use as chatroom.
Give us a fucking Ignore button.
And how hard can it be to implement a View First Unread function?

Also, why do the top menu have to be so large? It could esily have been slimmer.

Last edited:

Grim Monk

Arcane
Much (but not all) of Nordic's catalog is also available DRM-Free from GOG's (utterly forgotten) French rival DotEmu:
http://www.dotemu.com/en/pc-games/company/nordic-games

So people might still be able to get the games there, if they don't also removed...

Also something interesting I noticed:

Companies which are removing their games from GOG.

Frictional Games, Inc
: is an independent video game company located in Helsingborg, Sweden.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frictional_Games

Nordic Games GmbH: is an Austrian computer game publisher wholly owned by Nordic Games Group AB (Karlstad, Sweden).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_Games_(company)

Are Both :hmmm: Swedish.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Can someone tell me where can I change the currency from euro to dollar?

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Just a couple of minor quibbles: the logo/color theme looks awful now that they removed the green and yellow; I preferred the game information below the screenshots, rather than to the right; having to expand the game description by clicking "Read more" sucks; and for some stupid reason you have to click on the search button in order for the search bar to display.

Who takes a website and makes it more bland and less user-friendly?!

Last edited:

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Web redesign just for the sake of it. What was the pont exactly ive no idea.

Carceri

Arcane
Who takes a website and makes it more bland and less user-friendly?!

Seems to be the new tendency for web design nowadays. I've been seeing for quite some time websites that with every redesign/upgrade they just become less user-friendly. Apparently, the new shit consists of ugly unintuitive layouts and more unnecessary clicking piling up into a majestic clusterfuck.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Griping about the new layout aside, the folks at GOG.com are as savvy as ever: their recent sales resulted in my buying half a dozen Nordic Games as well as Jane Jensen's Moebius.

Speaking of Moebius, was there a glitch during the 60% sale? Yesterday, the website told me there was an issue with the transaction (it went through alright, though) and today the sale had ended, even though I seem to recall that it was supposed to last a few more days. Also for some reason, I still had Moebius in my shopping cart after I logged in today.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So when can we expect the Codex LP of the latest GOG offering: http://af.gog.com/game/hatoful_boyfriend?as=1649904300

5c9bb9c496f5249be6a94397045b57d16b3c5f2a.jpg

97eef4ea7338bd3bd61a594bb39454a679f4678d.jpg

"Congratulations! You’ve been accepted as the only human student at the prestigious St. PigeoNation’s Institute, a school for talented birds! Roam the halls and find love in between classes as a sophomore student at the world’s greatest pigeon high school. Finding happiness won’t be easy, but it’s not all academic - there’s always time for a little romance in this delightful remake of Hato Moa’s popular visual novel / avian dating sim Hatoful Boyfriend!"

:kingcomrade:

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I hate that the preview screenshots basically give the whole plot away:

sXhPBTi.jpg

u1Se8fI.jpg

kain30

Cipher
Some japs have obviously smoked too many little schoolgirls' panties...
LOL!

the only dating sim i liked was and old one called true love. one of those that from time to time during gameplay shows you some hentai scenes

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
True Love was a weird one. You could spend the entire game romancing girls just to turn around and decide to fuck your buddy right at the end of it all. That one was fun.

neilsouth

Augur
0.jpg

We've just been informed by Cinemaware that they have announced a digital distribution agreement with GOG.com, the leading source of DRM-free games. Through this agreement GOG.com will be providing a selection of incredible classics that many of us grew up with; one such game being Defender of the Crown. What's more Cinemaware has mentioned that not only will the DOS version be sold, but also the very first Amiga games will also be sold with the DOS versions through GOG.

http://www.indieretronews.com/2014/09/cinemaware-some-of-greatest-classics.html

belated

Augur
Defender of the Crown?
:thumbsup:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom