Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Hope you guys like racing games :D

http://af.gog.com/game/wacky_wheels?as=1649904300

1359772793-00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Oh man, wacky wheels.

Taunting the opposition with the devil flashing his butt was the best part of the game :desu:

:Flash:

Arcane
With games like Wacky Wheels GOG should really give a list of what's it contains.
Those shareware games often had multiple releases with extra packs for additional $10 or what, and I never know if I have the complete version. I know my Wacky Wheels has "normal tracks" and "bonus tracks".
The GOG site doesn't even tell how much tracks it includes.

We played this to death as children. It's one of the best hotseat games out there. Unfortunately, player 1 *always* gets a head start, there's nothing you can do about it. In the end we were so good at it, that player 1 could collect all the hedgehogs in the first lap, and player 2 had no chance of winning, ever.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
With games like Wacky Wheels GOG should really give a list of what's it contains.
Those shareware games often had multiple releases with extra packs for additional $10 or what, and I never know if I have the complete version. I know my Wacky Wheels has "normal tracks" and "bonus tracks".
Says "fully registered version" which means it includes everything. There were no multiple releases or extra packs, there was the shareware version, which was free and acted like a demo, and the registered version, which included everything. All Apogee games were like this.

:Flash:

Arcane
Says "fully registered version" which means it includes everything.
Yes, but I never know if the version i already have includes everything.
There were no multiple releases or extra packs, there was the shareware version, which was free and acted like a demo, and the registered version, which included everything. All Apogee games were like this.
That is not correct. If I select "ordering info" in my Wacky Wheels, it says
"Order Wacky Wheels for $24,95 plus shipping and get all this: 15 total Race tracks (10 extra), ..."
"Order the UPGRADE EDITION for just $10 more! The Wacky Wheels UPGRADE EDITION gives you a total of 21 extra wacky race tracks. ..."

And this is just the original release, there were shareware games where I thought I had the full game (and it said so) only to learn 20 years later that there was an extension pack released later.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
That is not correct. If I select "ordering info" in my Wacky Wheels, it says
"Order Wacky Wheels for $24,95 plus shipping and get all this: 15 total Race tracks (10 extra), ..."
"Order the UPGRADE EDITION for just $10 more! The Wacky Wheels UPGRADE EDITION gives you a total of 21 extra wacky race tracks. ..."
Huh, I didn't remember this. You're right in this case, it's impossible to tell from the GOG blurbs if it's the regustered version or the Upgrade Edition. I don't remember this with any of the other Apogee games but maybe I'm wrong as well. I do remember some of the "extensions" being sold separately (like Spear of Destiny, which was for all intents and purpose a Wolf 3D expansion but was sold at full price).

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Wacky Wheels is probably, together with Stunts, the game I played the most with my brother as a kid.

7h30n

Augur
EA Games 60% off.
It seems GOG.com has been reading what I'm playing. Time to pick up Ultima Underworld and try those out since I was amazed by System Shock 1.

Edit: fix'd link

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
EA Games 60% off.
It seems GOG.com has been reading what I'm playing. Time to pick up Ultima Underworld and try those out since I was amazed by System Shock 1.
Next time you include a gog.com link in your post, add ?pp=cb4e5208b4cd87268b208e49452ed6e89a68e0b8 at the end of the URL, so that the Codex will get some money for the referral.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Hey, wait...

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.

http://af.gog.com/news/last_chance_special?as=1649904300

So, Nordic Games pulling out from GOG, that's that. But why Firctional pulling out their games?

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Thanks for the heads up, Less.

It's a little odd to be buying Gothic 2 & 3 before 1, but 1 is gonna be discounted eventually I suppose. Wonder what else is on the list that's worth the 2 bucks.

Really like that new design too, I'm guessing they're gearing up for that client they were talking about.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I like the new website design. The games pulled out is a bummer, but I already bought those I want anyway. And it is pretty cool from GOG that they give a huge discount on them before the game dissapear.

GOG: :love:

Sinatar

Arbiter
Just an FYI, if anyone is wanting to get Gothic 2, jump on this with a swiftness. The steam version of Gothic 2 is completely busted thanks to a recentish Steam update.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom