Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I fooled myself. I was hoping the big announcement was going to be that the Gold Box games were finally being sold...

One day, GOG.... one day...
Why would you even wish for that. Is there a slight possibility that it would be SSI selling the games?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Will be getting Risen. Should I get Risen 2? Are there any redeeming qualities in Risen 2 that make it worth $4 ?

KKK on Two Worlds pack for $6 ?

Risen 2 is okay for the first half and utter shit for the second half. Upsides are colonial setting, musket combat, PB charm. Downsides are linear islands for the second half, kind of crappy sword combat, shitty DLC.

Two Worlds is terrible.

Two Worlds 2 is okay, made somewhat interesting by its unique locations and magic system, but very average otherwise.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I fooled myself. I was hoping the big announcement was going to be that the Gold Box games were finally being sold...

Why would you even wish for that. Is there a slight possibility that it would be SSI selling the games?

It would get more people to notice a great series that is now near forgotten. This in turn may help later programmers borrow some of the better ideas for future games.

Alchemist

Arcane
Right now would be the perfect time to re-release the Gold Box games. The D&D brand is in the spotlight again with 5th edition coming shortly, and WotC has made an effort to promote the classic PnP books with the 1st edition reprints. Hasbro / WotC should seize the opportunity, if they own the rights. I'm not sure who owns the Gold Box rights though.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I had $30 for Father's Day so this was my final haul:

- The Swapper
- Retro City Rampage
- Papers Please
- Tex Murphy Bundle (Mean Streets, Pandora Objective, Under a Killing Moon, Overseer)
- Drod Trilogy
- Zafehouse Diaries
- Magrunner
- Ultima Complete (already played through all but U9, but I liked the scanned products)
- Aarklash Legacy (will play right after Expedition: Conquistadors to complete my 2013 RPG interests)

I had some money left over, so I threw it at a Groupees bundle that interested the kids. Not bad for $30.

Keshik

Arcane
Bought more than I anticipated, got the Unreal and Spellforce packs, Red Faction, CoTN, Blitzkrieg and Chaos on Deponia.

Eyeball

Arcane
Oh, I'd say that Risen 2 is worth $4. It's at least worth a playthrough IF you enjoyed Risen.
Risen 2 is the pirate themed one, yeah?

If it is, then NO, it is NOT worth even 4 dollars. I could not get past the first fucking swordfight in the game on account of the mind-numbing tedium involved. Avoid this like herpes.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
I'm fairly certain I'm not going to be spending any more money so my takeaway from this sale is as follows.

Blackguards
Shadowrun Returns
Jade Empire
Rune
HoMM 5
Ultima 9 (hey it was a dollar)
The Age of Wonders series minus 3
Magrunner Dark Pulse
Strike Suit Zero

All in all pretty good. I decided to go through Jade Empire since I own it on xbox and wanted to try out some mods once I go through it unmodded on PC.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

It would get more people to notice a great series that is now near forgotten. This in turn may help later programmers borrow some of the better ideas for future games.

Well, I hope they borrow the good ideas and maintain that which made them good in the first place :)

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
For the next 3 hours Shadowrun Returns is for 5$ (cheaper than SR sale on Steam, i.e. 3,75 euro) and whole Bard's Tale pack for 2$.

Kamoho

Savant
I got Expeditions: conquistador a few days ago, is it still in the habit of frying computer components? Or was that another game?

mck

Cipher
where did the arma games go? should have put them on sale for a buck a piece before you got rid of them.

Drowed

Arcane
Hm Omerta is free. Is that a reasonable price for it ? :P

I just came here to say that. Got it right now, it's hard to hate a free turn-based game.

I kinda wanted Megabyte Punch, but I don't belive it will be on one of those free giveaways.

Gord

Arcane

I'm sure some would prefer if it came with free beer and hookers, from what I've heard it's not very good.
Then again, since it's free it might be worth a look at least - the idea and setting is interesting. I suspect they hope for some additional sales of the DLC.

Astral Rag

Arcane

I'm sure some would prefer if it came with free beer and hookers, from what I've heard it's not very good.
Then again, since it's free it might be worth a look at least - the idea and setting is interesting. I suspect they hope for some additional sales of the DLC.

It comes with "4 DLC packages", no idea if there is more or more to come.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

It comes with "4 DLC packages", no idea if there is more or more to come.

The Gold Edition comes with 5 DLC packages :) The Japanese Incentive, a separate installer atm, is also included along with the previous 4 DLC that were released over time :)

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Is it me or I didn't saw FTL on sale?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom