Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Maybe for potatos. But not sure.

4$ for nice game is good price.

Pity that there is no mods for it, not even cosmetic one. Additional adventures (other islands) would be nice.

Played it, though it was decent but actually was nice. Loot, treasure hunt, exploring etc.
And I liked endgaming with all that dungeon exploring.
It's better than rushed, chaotic sequel.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
as of today, Risen is now DRM Free

wasnt it always?

It's manual has a Games For Windows mark on it but I am not sure if that also implied that it needed Games For Windows Live way back when as usually that's also marked somewhere...

Yeah, that doesn't mean anything. I have a bunch of GFWL-less PC games on my shelf with that branding. Including some that are actually Steamworks titles.

Oh, and my Witcher 1 box has it too.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Let's hope that Risen 3 will be released on GOG and will be more like Arkania and less like original Gothic.
:troll:

Wasteland 2
Original release ( including steam ) had Tages drm with activation limit, but they've released a patch, that removed it few years after after release, don't remeber when exactly.
"Games for Windows" is just a branding that mean nothing in practice, only "Games for Windows live" mean famous drm from Microsoft.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Not sure what they were talking about since it's Friday. Anyway... Square Enix sale. Roughly 60% off everything. I own pretty much all of it already.

trustno1code

Prophet
Not sure what they were talking about since it's Friday.
tIAhCgC.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Night Dive is now "the guy who puts obscure games from GOG on Steam after CD Projekt did all the labor of making sure they work". I wonder what he gets out of it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Night Dive is now "the guy who puts obscure games from GOG on Steam after CD Projekt did all the labor of getting them to work". I wonder what he gets out of it.

I'll happily buy him pizza for a week in respect of his efforts. I don't need GoG to play Fallout/Age of Empires/Planescape etc. since modding and fan communities have kept them reasonably up to date. It's obscure stuff that's basically impossible to get running without a virtual machine that really matters to me.

What I'm saying is that as far as I can tell, these games arrived on GOG on their own. Their license holders are using Night Dive's services to get onto Steam so that they don't have to go through the Greenlight process or attempt to deal with Valve personally.

He's not actually "bringing games back from licensing hell" anymore like he did with System Shock 2 and I Have No Mouth; they brought themselves back to GOG. See for yourself, it's just those two: http://www.gog.com/games##devpub=night_dive_studios?as=1649904300

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Even if you love Steam and want every game there because logging into GOG makes your hand twitch I don't see why the fuck Harvester would be anything worth teasing.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Dammit, GOG, you made me buy Wiz 6-8 and Thief 1&2 and I only finished a game from my backlog this year so far!

Why do you enjoy taunting me with deals I can't pass, just so I can build up a collection I'll never finish?!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
:yeah:

Were there any complications in getting it to work? I thought it was a Mac thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom