Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why does gog still not have System Shock 1. Also Gog should get the rights to the Resident Evil and Silent Hill PC versions. They're hard to find now, and would definitely sell well.

Why would you need System Shock on GoG since there is good portable version on the net?

https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=211.0

As for the RE/SH series - I had a constant crashes with the second part of Resident Evil. I couldn't take some items without a crash. After that I just went with emulation and didn't bother with pc versions.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Maybe if they got the new Resident Evil Windows versions that were released only in Japan, else I guess it'd be a lot of work to make the original ones compatible with modern systems. Emulation works better and is more stable at this point.

I'd rather have GOG get more PC cult classics like Shadow of the Horned Rat.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Why would you need System Shock on GoG since there is good portable version on the net?

https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=211.0

As for the RE/SH series - I had a constant crashes with the second part of Resident Evil. I couldn't take some items without a crash. After that I just went with emulation and didn't bother with pc versions.
They have patched games before. That's one benefit of being on gog is there is a chance for some kind of patch.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Capcom released some random fighting game on GOG as a "market test" that I am sure sold like shit. I doubt Capcom is super eager to try again, even if it's their own fault for using a fighting game on PC as a market test.

P.S. What the fuck is Slave Zero and why haven't I heard of it?

Baron Dupek

Arcane

He need an excuse to throw moniez to GOG.

Only games about mechs (maybe except MechWarrior & MechCommander) without weaboo contamination influence.
And cool action game.

You're propably didn't hear about this (and other cool) game because you were too busy with popamole crap.
Anyway - how is your Thi4f review going? Any progress?

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Capcom released some random fighting game on GOG as a "market test" that I am sure sold like shit. I doubt Capcom is super eager to try again, even if it's their own fault for using a fighting game on PC as a market test.

Street Fighter 4 has sold quite well on steam.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
The one they sell on GOG is Street Fighter Alpha 2. Considering it's been available for MAME for a while, and I'm not sure if the PC version adds much to the arcade version, and you can imagine people aren't too keen on buying it. I've also never seen it offered on sale, one of the ways to put games to the forefront. And then they offer only one game in the serie … It was really a half-assed attempt.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Slave Zero was a game about a giant robot, and it failed in doing that. The player didn't felt so awesome, like in Shogo for example. I remember horrific AI too, Dreamcast version was even worse. I wouldn't waste my money on it.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I picked up the GOG versions in a previous sale (well, Fallout 1 was free on two separate occasions).
All of them went free just before Interplay lost the rights, was Herve's way of getting back at Beth I guess. Grabbed all of them then even though I have the CDs still.

Endemic

Arcane
All of them went free just before Interplay lost the rights, was Herve's way of getting back at Beth I guess. Grabbed all of them then even though I have the CDs still.

Yeah, I saw that. No big deal, were only ~$1.99 each.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt

Yeah, I saw that. No big deal, were only ~$1.99 each.
They were $9.99 each. I know this because I bought Fallout 1&2 for $9.99 during the a Christmas 50% sale, before I realized I still had them on CD and exchanged them. But then I got them both (and Tactics) during the giveaway anyway.

Endemic

Arcane
They were $9.99 each. I know this because I bought Fallout 1&2 for $9.99 during the a Christmas 50% sale, before I realized I still had them on CD and exchanged them. But then I got them both (and Tactics) during the giveaway anyway.

I meant when I bought them during a sale. It was before the price hike, I remember that much.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I thought they were just going to emulate the ones that don't already have native Linux clients.
Wut?

They have to be sure that the libraries their program(s) depend on will be on the system and work the way they expect. So you can't just have depend kernel version >= 2.6. That's why they target specific distros, and only promise that they'll run on those.
Don't they statically link everything?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom