Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Good news everybody!

I just added the English and German manuals for Sid Meier's Covert Action! Enjoy :D

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well, the screen shots led me astray. My point still stands though.
As a Mod of this forum I demand that you - for acting like one of those GOG clowns - absolve yourself by committing seppuku. Deuce Traveler will be your kaishakunin.

Sorry, Bubbles, but WhiskeyWolf commands and his grim Sanada Tourin icon must be obeyed. I'll tell everyone you went bravely.

Niektory

one of some
Patron
YES!

275px-Potato_heart_mutation.jpg

garren

Arcane
Patron
Had to happen eventually. Still, originally they said they wanted to support ALL linux distros instead of a few ones (was said a while back), but if they work on Mint or Ubuntu then they can work on other distros. Chances are, if you run something else, you have the know-how to make the games work no problem on your/other distros too anyway.

Even Steam has no guarantees it works on every distro, but it mostly does anyway.

Ashery

Prophet
Well, the screen shots led me astray. My point still stands though.

The hilarious thing is that no one that's complained about that second screenshot has mentioned the "Test: Flattery => Failed" part that gives some necessary context to Elodie's response.

Niektory

one of some
Patron
Had to happen eventually. Still, originally they said they wanted to support ALL linux distros instead of a few ones (was said a while back), but if they work on Mint or Ubuntu then they can work on other distros. Chances are, if you run something else, you have the know-how to make the games work no problem on your/other distros too anyway.

Even Steam has no guarantees it works on every distro, but it mostly does anyway.
Supporting ALL distros is pretty much impossible (since there are gazillions) so I think it was more an excuse than a serious goal.

Endemic

Arcane
Linux support is usually expressed in the form of kernel version (eg 2.6), but since there's a 99.9% chance it will work on Debian, it won't be an issue for me.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Linux support is usually expressed in the form of kernel version (eg 2.6), but since there's a 99.9% chance it will work on Debian, it won't be an issue for me.
With a complex program, like a game, it's not just the kernel that's relied about upon, but countless 3rd party libraries.

Endemic

Arcane
With a complex program, like a game, it's not just the kernel that's relied about upon, but countless 3rd party libraries.

I thought they were just going to emulate the ones that don't already have native Linux clients.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I thought they were just going to emulate the ones that don't already have native Linux clients.
Wut?

They have to be sure that the libraries their program(s) depend on will be on the system and work the way they expect. So you can't just have depend kernel version >= 2.6. That's why they target specific distros, and only promise that they'll run on those.

Endemic

Arcane
They have to be sure that the libraries their program(s) depend on will be on the system and work the way they expect. So you can't just have depend kernel version >= 2.6. That's why they target specific distros, and only promise that they'll run on those.

That's what package managers are for.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Finally!

What is this shit? GOG now doing pre-order exclusive content?

http://af.gog.com/game/ether_one?as=1649904300

• Pre-order now and receive for FREE the Deluxe Edition upgrade package which includes the following bonus content: soundtrack in MP3 and FLAC, comic, game script, and artwork.

:killit:
What the fuck? Wasn't stuff like that always a part of the deal when buying from GOG :decline: ?

Grim Monk

Arcane
Apparently GOG managed to untangle the licensing mess "Hitman: Contracts" was stuck in.

Release: Hitman 3: Contracts
Get it bundled with the first two Hitman games, save 60%!

Hitman 3: Contracts, a stealth-based dark action game in which you become the iconic modern master assassin, is available bundled with Hitman: Codename 47 and Hitman 2: Silent Assassin 60% off on GOG.com. That's only $10.37 for the set of three, for the next three days!

Hitman 3: Contracts takes you deeper into the mind of Agent 47. Enter a world of crime, sin and greed. Encounter his greatest adversaries, completing the work that made him so ruthlessly efficient and deadly precise, the ones that shaped him as an assassin. Travel anywhere the work requires and take on assignments in Paris, Hong Kong, Siberia, England, and many more. Understand that nothing counts except the target. Anyone can kill, but can they make the perfect hit? Take on the role of 47 and do what you must to get the job done, because in a professional Hitman's hands everything becomes a weapon.

News Link:
http://af.gog.com/news/release_hitman_3_contracts?as=1649904300

Store Link:
http://af.gog.com/game/hitman_contracts?as=1649904300

Now they only need "Blood Money" to have all the worthwhile games...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom