Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

pippin

There will be Spanish voice overs. As to whether they are the original ones, I am not sure as a) I don't know what the Spanish version sounds like and b) we don't have the game yet :) but I *think* they'll be the original ones :)

Let's hope so! In all honesty, the european spanish voiceover was top notch; I actually would prefer to play that instead of the original. GF was blessed in this aspect, since it was very common to have companies localizing games just so they could be in spanish, without any consideration about quality.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
French versions of LucasArts games were also very good, with top-notch translation, localisation, and voice acting. If they followed the same level of quality for translations in other languages, I can imagine why you’d also prefer to play in your native language.

It kind of spoiled me when I moved to other games like Fallout 2 and Baldur’s Gate where I expected the same quality level. Fallout 2 was often confusing with its choice of words—I had an easier time understanding the English version despite still learning the language in these times, compared to the version in my own native language!—, and the voices were just ok but often timed badly since some would cut before the end; Baldur’s Gate’s writing not only felt extremely rigid—much more than the original that has its fair share of humourous moments and replies—but the voices are atrocious, with the narrator switched to another person mid-way through the prologue and some characters sounding completely silly—Silke was given a male voice! I was never able to finish these two games in French, despite many attempts. When I finally got English versions, I just played them non-stop from start to end.

Turjan

Arcane
Baldur’s Gate’s writing not only felt extremely rigid—much more than the original that has its fair share of humourous moments and replies—but the voices are atrocious, with the narrator switched to another person mid-way through the prologue and some characters sounding completely silly—Silke was given a male voice!
Sounds lovely. In the German version, the phrase "You must gather your party before venturing forth" was delivered in roughly double the volume of all other voices, which was extremely unnerving and brought me to hunt down an English version. Seriously. I got afraid of having stragglers.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Last edited by a moderator:

Grim Monk

Arcane

$89.99 :what: for a Boxless equivalent of the $50 Kickstarter Tier.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity

I support RPG :incline: as much as the next guy, this is plain "ripping off" customers.

Even back in the day most Classic RPG's only cost $60-$50 bucks on release for a boxed copy.
Just look up the old SSI/Interplay titles in an magazine catalog...

Unwanted

Goat Vomit

Andhaira
Andhaira
This is really tempting. One one hand I was put off by the Codex preview but on the other I really liked the first one and this is dirt cheap. The fact that Blackguards 2 doesn't have any stupid pre-order bonuses and crap like that actually makes me want to pre-order it even more.
:|
It's $89.99.
This is insane, $90 for a digital download edition? It's like they are trying to out-jew EA.
:keepmyjewgold:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
They are ripping off idiots who are willing to pay for this. They deserve it (no offence for the bros who are stupid enough to buy it).

Endemic

Arcane
All of the X-Wing series is there now (their XvT release includes Balance of Power). Though XW and TIE are missing their expansions.

Divinity: Original Sin
All of the X-Wing series is there now (their XvT release includes Balance of Power). Though XW and TIE are missing their expansions.

No, they're missing the original CD-rom collectors, that were made for DOS. The expansions are available in the win 98 versions, and the floppy version of xwing is complete.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
GOG said:
5456a472f5d37fd5235d38bc9e6781b0fce780d4.jpg

Who thought it was a good idea to make a Jedi Consular/Master with 33 dexterity??

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Who thought it was a good idea to make a Jedi Consular/Master with 33 dexterity??
That just reminded me that the Kotor games are so much less memorable than say fallout and BG series that I had to go look up why this was strange

:Flash:

Arcane
Does this version of X-Wing Alliance have a fix for the graphics issues that plague the original?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom