Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

pippin

They are giving away M&B (base game) for free, and the rest of the series for 10 bux, as part of the DRM Free Big Fall Sale.

Turjan

Arcane
Also:

The Witcher 2 + The Gamers: Director’s Cut FOR FREE
Collect stamps every day. Get a free game + movie gift for 7 stamps.

You basically just have to stop by on 7 of the sales days. Sale goes till Nov. 25. Should be feasible.

Quigs

Magister
Speaking of gog and Activision: I suspect the reason some of their old games are not released there (or any other digital platform) is that those games used IP's licensed from other companies, and Activision doesn't have the rights to publish them anymore. Two games I was looking forward to buying on gog, but never appeared: Mechwarrior 2 (FASA Battletech license) and Battlezone 1998 (the original 1980 arcade game it was based on was made by Atari).

This is only speculation on my part of course.

Old Mechwarrior games I can't see ever getting released. Topps owns the Battletech IP. Micorosoft owns the Mechwarrior rights. Smith and Tinker sold their licensing rights (purchased from microsoft) to Piranha games, makers of the terrible Mechwarrior Online game. Activision was the creator of Mechwarrior 2, who at the time licensed the IP directly from FASA. On top of all that, FASA, the original creators of Battletech, has reopened in a manner so confusing that I had to look it up on Wikipedia.
At Gen Con 2012, FASA Games, Inc. was revealed, which includes FASA Corporation co-founder Ross Babcock on the Board of Directors. While FASA Corporation still manages the FASA IP and brands, FASA Games, Inc. has announced its intention to develop new games under the FASA banner.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Also:

The Witcher 2 + The Gamers: Director’s Cut FOR FREE
Collect stamps every day. Get a free game + movie gift for 7 stamps.

You basically just have to stop by on 7 of the sales days. Sale goes till Nov. 25. Should be feasible.

And so it begins. I wish they had tried to stay distinct from Steam instead of emulating it.

Turjan

Arcane
And so it begins. I wish they had tried to stay distinct from Steam instead of emulating it.
However, 7 out of 12 isn't that bad, and a game + movie is slightly different from a badge. Then again, who doesn't have Witcher 2 by now, and I don't really need that movie.

pippin

It seems I own most of the games I care about/can run for free via dosbox. I guess I'll just keep an eye on the freebies and similar stuff, and check again on the last day, as usual.

Turjan

Arcane
Mount&Blade for free at gog.
Just saw, missed it. Should have been frontpaged, fucking codex.
Well, you can still do the clicky clicky every day

Pe2L97s.jpg

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I thought the stamp collection was only for TW2, not for a game of one's choosing.

pippin

Yes, that only works for TW2 and that movie. It would have been neat if they gave more options, though, but they already gave LBA and Mount and Blade, so I guess I can't complain :P

Turjan

Arcane
I thought the stamp collection was only for TW2, not for a game of one's choosing.
Sorry, I thought that was clear, at least from the image I added.

Does anyone know what happened to JudasIscariot? Did he retire to some tropical island?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Or is it "Ultimate Making You Buy Dragonshard And Demon Stone Deal", amirite?

Turjan

Arcane
Your Witcher 2 giveaway could look like this now:

CVsYz1J.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom