Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Imagine the possibilites. Jedi Knight 1-2, Jedi Outcast and more. Tears are flowing from my eyes.

Those are all on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2103/

But plenty of other Star Wars games aren't. Rebel Assault anybody? :troll:

Like i said, the Steam version of Jedi Knight is an hack job. You actually have to torrent the ISO in order to get the music and you still need to use all the same tweaks you would need to run the game had you installed it from those ISOs in the first place. At least with gog they make sure everything works right out of the box, even if they have to steal other people's mods to do it.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, ok. But at least it seems they get around fixing those problems (and for SMAC at least i wish they didn't. Can't believe i had the previous version without the expansion, but erased it), and a lot of them are either minor (like missing manuals) or just bugs, botched attempts or version conflicts.

Whoever put Jedi Knight on Steam didn't even bother to try, and they don't seem to care one way or another. I just don't thrust that kind of attitude.

Sinatar

Arbiter
They dun goofed, the DOS version of Tie Fighter they put out is the original release not the collectors CDROM, so it's missing the SVGA graphics as well as the Enemies of the Empire expansion. :(

Divinity: Original Sin
They dun goofed, the DOS version of Tie Fighter they put out is the original release not the collectors CDROM, so it's missing the SVGA graphics as well as the Enemies of the Empire expansion. :(

I'd ask about that, since in their description it just look like that, since they mention the year 1994, and just one expansion, which would indicate they're selling the floppy.

That means the best version of Tie fighter is not there. The CD dos version of tie fighter had VGA and SVGA graphics.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wow, this is nice. I will be able to somewhat legitimize my recent pirated playthrough of Sam & Max Hit The Road (which i did not like that much, maybe not my type of humor). Also, X-Wing & Tie-Fighter.
:love:
Now I regret buying Dark Forces on Steam.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, ok. But at least it seems they get around fixing those problems (and for SMAC at least i wish they didn't. Can't believe i had the previous version without the expansion, but erased it), and a lot of them are either minor (like missing manuals) or just bugs, botched attempts or version conflicts.

Whoever put Jedi Knight on Steam didn't even bother to try, and they don't seem to care one way or another. I just don't thrust that kind of attitude.
I dislike Alpha Centauri's expansion as much as anyone, but you can still simply run the base exe and not have to deal with it, right?

pippin

I dislike Alpha Centauri's expansion as much as anyone, but you can still simply run the base exe and not have to deal with it, right?

Still, it would be nice if you had the option to install just the base game without any expansions. It's a little pet peeve of mine, just like when you buy those game packs and you're forced to install all of them instead the one you want (it was especially painful in the case of Kings Quest 7+8).

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin

Still, it would be nice if you had the option to install just the base game without any expansions. […]

You can. From the installer, select the advanced options and untick Alien Crossfire.

Bruticis

Of course GOG is priced higher than Steam for the games they have, love that DRM free tax.

Keshik

Arcane
Minimum system requirements - Windows: Windows XP/Vista/7/8, 1.8 GHz Processor, 1 GB RAM, 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7 (compatible with DirectX 9 recommended), Mouse, Keyboard, Controller/Joystick (only the 1998 version)

Interesting system reqs, hah.

:Flash:

Arcane
But now that there are X-Wing and Tie-Figher total conversions for X-Wing Alliance that include the original music, there's no reason to go with the botched 95 version. Either go with the original, or with the XWA TC.

These conversions... were they released? Fully?

All I find now are broken download links.
The Tie Fighter Total Conversion was released, and it works, I tried it:
http://www.darksaber.xwaupgrade.com/craftpacktftc2.html

X-Wing and XvT Total conversion is here (bottom of page), v3.5:
http://www.maxgames.it/xwc/
I haven't tested it, though. This site also has the Battle 8-13 conversion for Tie Fighter, as the original TC only contains the original missions. XWA is not able to handle all missions at once, so it is split in two.

:Flash:

Arcane
Ironically, the Win95 version includes all the necessary data files of the Dos Version (they just copied the whole folder). The Dos exe is the only thing that is missing.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Bummer about the incomplete DOS versions of X-Wing and Tie Fighter. OTOH, DOSBox hates my joystick and gives it a massive deadzone which renders the DOS versions unplayable, so when I get to these (currently playing Sam & Max) I'll need to go with the Win95 version anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom