Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
30 games: http://af.gog.com/forum/general/new_publisher_disneylucasfilm_28_oct_2014?as=1649904300

Confirmed.

The day has finally come and the holy grail of classic gaming has arrived on GOG.com. Welcome, Lucasfilm games! You are among friends, here! We're proud to announce a new partnership with ©Disney that allows for the DRM-free release of about 30 classic titles from the cult-classic developer. We know you waited long for this moment, so we want to reunite you with those golden oldies with as little delay as possible. Today, to start with a bang, we are releasing a selection of 6 acclaimed titles from Lucas' most famous gaming franchises, so that the Disney/Lucasfilm catalog on GOG.com is made impressive from day one. Here are the great titles you can get right away:

Star Wars™: X-Wing Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Star Wars™: TIE Fighter Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Sam & Max Hit the Road - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
The Secret of Monkey Island™: Special Edition
Indiana Jones® and the Fate of Atlantis™
Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic

Note that numerous Lucas titles, including 3 from the launch lineup (Sam & Max Hit the Road, Star Wars™: X-Wing Special Edition, Star Wars™: TIE Fighter Special Edition), are available digitally for the first time ever, ready to play with no fuss on modern operating systems. With more fantastic titles headed for our Disney/Lucasfilm catalog, you can expect to see Lucas games popping up frequently on GOG.com in the coming months.

Those links lead to 404.

Because they would link to where you buy the games, and those pages don't go up till tomorrow. It's been confirmed that those are the initial releases; you can find the official release announcement forum posts on the GOG forum.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Jedi Knight is on steam and its a fucking hack job (muh god damn music, where is it? Also, glitches with the menu). When it comes to old games GOG walks all over Steam and then some.

And i too would have preferred Monkey Island to be just the original. Who cares that you can switch with a press of a button, i don't want that shit as a matter of principle and consistency.

Last edited:
Divinity: Original Sin
X-wing and tie fighter probably will be the win 95 version with textured ships (like x-wing vs tie fighter). They look better than the floopy and the original MSDOS collector's edition CD, but they lost the iMuse midi music from bothgames, which were original compositions. They were exchanged by CD-audio that were john williams music from the films. Since gog will release digital versions, maybe it won't even have the CD music at all. If it's the DOS versions, then music is in...

Unless... they manage to implement the midi music in the win95 version...

About monkey island, well, The scummvm has those filters that smooth the pixels, which doesn't exist in the special edition. The old monkey island in the special edition will be pixellated as originally intended.

One thing they should do is give all of them versions. Like they did with wizardry 7/gold.

pippin

Gib me Rogue Squadron, Galactic Battlegrounds, Jedi Academy and fucking Grim Fandango, gog plz

Bruticis

They'll be on Steam soon enough and sell for half the price with a superior interface. That said, I'll be padding my gog shelf with these until Gaben allows me to purchase them correctly.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
X-wing and tie fighter probably will be the win 95 version with textured ships (like x-wing vs tie fighter). They look better than the floopy and the original MSDOS collector's edition CD, but they lost the iMuse midi music from bothgames, which were original compositions. They were exchanged by CD-audio that were john williams music from the films. Since gog will release digital versions, maybe it won't even have the CD music at all. If it's the DOS versions, then music is in...

I think I read on GOG that TIE Fighter includes both the 1994 and 1998 releases.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
The Collector's CD-ROM versions also had some bonus missions on top of what was in the base game and the expansions, some nice "in-game cutscenes" and voiced briefings. IIRC the Collector's Series (the Win 95 version that ran off the X-Wing vs TIE Fighter engine) was missing the bonus missions and the engine couldn't render the cutscenes so they were taken out entirely, and the briefings were changed. I much prefer the Collector's CD-ROM, especially since the dynamicallly-adjusting iMuse soundtrack was by far superior to the rehashed and tired John Williams tracks that we've all heard a zillion times. I don't know what they mean by "Special Edition" but I hope it's this one.

The cutscenes were all there in win95 version of tie fighter and x-wing. The imuse on cutscenes and briefings, menus, bases were all there also. You could rewatch all of them after completed each tour of duty, and floppy disk saves (pilots) were compatible with the upgraded versions.

The only bonus missions that were released in CD rom were only in Tie Fighter DOS CD and win 95 versions. Floppy version had only "defender of the empire" expansion, and the second expansion was only in the CD versions with the full games, never released separately.

The main difference on the win95 versions is the music in missions.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Is this true? I couldn't find a way to run the original with the Steam version of MI1.

It should work with pressing F10.

Anyway, this news is :yeah: How long I wanted to play X-Wing and Tie-Fighter... And the day has finally come.
You can switch between the old and new versions in-game by pressing F1 or F2 at any time.

Personally I think all remakes should be like that. Shows that it's the EXACT same game with improved graphics and sound, not some stupid "re-imagining" with more explosions and emotional engagements.

Multi-headed Cow

Include it sure, but if it doesn't have the CD soundtrack too it would be a crime. A CRIME.

:Flash:

Arcane

I spent quite some time trying to upgrade the music of the Win95 versions. I made my own conversion of the menu music (that worked), and tried to get the in-game imuse working. The CD (and the installation folder) actually contains all the necessary midi files and the Tie95 exe does still contain references to those files. But I never managed to re-activate it.

But now that there are X-Wing and Tie-Figher total conversions for X-Wing Alliance that include the original music, there's no reason to go with the botched 95 version. Either go with the original, or with the XWA TC.

But now that there are X-Wing and Tie-Figher total conversions for X-Wing Alliance that include the original music, there's no reason to go with the botched 95 version. Either go with the original, or with the XWA TC.

These conversions... were they released? Fully?

All I find now are broken download links.

Keshik

Arcane
Looks like two editions of both X-Wing (93 and 98) and TIE (94 and 98), nice.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://af.gog.com/news/new_publisher_disney_interactivelucasfilm?as=1649904300

Confirmed.

The day has finally come and the holy grail of classic gaming has arrived on GOG.com. Welcome, Lucasfilm games! You are among friends, here! We're proud to announce our team-up with ©Disney Interactive that allows for the DRM-free release of 20+ classic titles from the cult-classic developer. We know you waited long for this moment, so we want to reunite you with those golden oldies with as little delay as possible. Today, to start with a bang, we are releasing a selection of 6 acclaimed titles from Lucasfilm's most famous gaming franchises, so that the Lucasfilm/Disney catalog on GOG.com is made impressive from day one. Here are the great titles you can get right away:

Star Wars™: TIE Fighter Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!

Sam & Max Hit the Road (Windows + Mac + Linux!) - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!

Indiana Jones® and the Fate of Atlantis™ (Windows + Mac + Linux!)

Note that numerous Lucas titles, including 3 from the launch lineup (Star Wars®: X-Wing Special Edition, Star Wars®: TIE Fighter Special Edition, Sam & Max Hit the Road), are available digitally for the first time ever, ready to play with no fuss on modern operating systems. With more fantastic titles headed for our Lucasfilm/Disney catalog, you can expect to see Lucasfilm games popping up frequently on GOG.com in the coming months.

(C) & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. STAR WARS, INDIANA JONES, SAM & MAX, MONKEY ISLAND and all characters, names, and related properties are trademarks of & (C) Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates.

They changed it from 30 to 20+. Hmmm...

P.S. Don't forget to use the Codex referral link when buying these: http://af.gog.com/?as=1649904300

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Imagine the possibilites. Jedi Knight 1-2, Jedi Outcast and more. Tears are flowing from my eyes.

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
http://af.gog.com/news/new_publisher_disney_interactivelucasfilm?as=1649904300

Confirmed.

The day has finally come and the holy grail of classic gaming has arrived on GOG.com. Welcome, Lucasfilm games! You are among friends, here! We're proud to announce our team-up with ©Disney Interactive that allows for the DRM-free release of 20+ classic titles from the cult-classic developer. We know you waited long for this moment, so we want to reunite you with those golden oldies with as little delay as possible. Today, to start with a bang, we are releasing a selection of 6 acclaimed titles from Lucasfilm's most famous gaming franchises, so that the Lucasfilm/Disney catalog on GOG.com is made impressive from day one. Here are the great titles you can get right away:

Sam & Max Hit the Road (Windows + Mac + Linux!) - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!

Indiana Jones® and the Fate of Atlantis™ (Windows + Mac + Linux!)

Note that numerous Lucas titles, including 3 from the launch lineup (Star Wars®: X-Wing Special Edition, Star Wars®: TIE Fighter Special Edition, Sam & Max Hit the Road), are available digitally for the first time ever, ready to play with no fuss on modern operating systems. With more fantastic titles headed for our Lucasfilm/Disney catalog, you can expect to see Lucasfilm games popping up frequently on GOG.com in the coming months.

(C) & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. STAR WARS, INDIANA JONES, SAM & MAX, MONKEY ISLAND and all characters, names, and related properties are trademarks of & (C) Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates.

They changed it from 30 to 20+. Hmmm...

P.S. Don't forget to use the Codex referral link when buying these: http://af.gog.com/?as=1649904300
Waiting for Grim Fandango

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom