Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls God's honest truth

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
I was not, technically, being a racist Haba

Allah simply means God. I was raised in a Catholic family and and we pray to Allah every sunday, whose son Jesus save us from our sins by sacrificing Himself.
Do you pray before or after beheading the infidels?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
If you think Oblivion is a good game or even a decent one, you're mentally retarded and should bite down on a cyanide pill immediately.
It's one of the worst games ever made and there are zero redeemable things about it. It's amazing how many retards install 200 mods on it just to make it "playable" when it's rotten to the core.

14549.jpg

Ash

Arcane
Oblivion is the second worst (and most overrated) RPG sequel ever made. After SKYRIM.

Fixed. Fallout 3 may be laughably bad in many ways (copy-paste level design, crap dialogue, lack of C&C, lore butchery, shoehorned role-playing etc), but it's still above Skyrim and Oblivion. For example, it has RPG progression systems in vein of the originals (which is good) rather than adapting that bethestard grindy shit.

illuknisaa

Cipher
there are zero redeemable things about it.

Now this is just blatantly false

I've been immensely entertained by oblivion for years. Not because it is a good game but because it is a bad game. I just have to marvel that somebody managed to make an AAA game where quite literally nothing works and after years of people trying to fix it is still broken beyond repair. I'm not the only one who thinks this way. The fact that this thread exists proves you all have been entertained by oblivion too.

Santander02

Arcane
My hatred for Oblivians is what made me join lurk the codex at first, but now It's been so long, I can not even muster the energy to care anymore

Ocelot

Learned
Can't say I completely disagree with OP, despite his ass-blasted rant. For me, Oblivion was like Skyrim. Fun, pretty and interesting for the first few hours but a very mediocre game overall that didn't deserve the praise it received, even back in 2006. It's good enough to be played from start to finish if you like medieval fantasy action RPGs but it's not "essential" as some people claim.

Zlaja

Arcane
I haven't touched Oblivion since like 2007 or so but I still have a vivid memory of all the horrors of the game. I even have nightmares about it from time to time. The copypasted Oblivion gates, HP bloated combat as you become "stronger", lowly bandits wearing Glass/Daedric armor, ridiculous bloom, NPC faces that not even a mother can love, super generic loot, Argonians that wear boots, caves/countryside/towns that all look the same etc etc...

:0-13:

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
If you think Oblivion is a good game or even a decent one, you're mentally retarded and should bite down on a cyanide pill immediately.
It's one of the worst games ever made and there are zero redeemable things about it. It's amazing how many retards install 200 mods on it just to make it "playable" when it's rotten to the core.

It's very a bad game, sure. But not that bad. That honor goes to Skyrim.

And it has redeemable qualities. Unlike the absolutely lackluster cash grab that is Skyrim, Oblivion had some passion put into it. Oblivion's has some genuine pretty good quest premises, their in-game implementation and shallow gameplay is what screwed it all up. And Shivering Isles is interesting.

Oblivion is also top notch meme material:

Last edited:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Skyrim looks far prettier than Oblivion, and that's all I really care about in my walking simulators. Arguing what Oblivion does right from an RPG point of view is moot: both are terrible RPGs, and aren't meant to be enjoyed that way.

Santander02

Arcane
Eh, compared to his brillant work in Morrowind, Soule's Oblivians music was just zzzzz , something about that game must have drained any creativity he had, just like it did to everyone who worked on that pos.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom