Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls God's honest truth

mbv123

Arbiter
If you think Oblivion is a good game or even a decent one, you're mentally retarded and should bite down on a cyanide pill immediately.
It's one of the worst games ever made and there are zero redeemable things about it. It's amazing how many retards install 200 mods on it just to make it "playable" when it's rotten to the core.

Shin

Cipher
That one dark brotherhood quest was pretty dope though; it's also one of the few things I can actually remember about it. Though I think I didn't really 'hate' it back then (I wasn't on the codex obviously so no hive mindcontrol for me yet); I was just disappointed and sad that it went from Daggerfall (which I adore) -> Morrowind to something like Oblivion. But yeah it's easily the worst of the Elder Scrolls games.

I'm thinking that the next TES game will probably be far, far removed from anything we consider a RPG anyhow. Oblivion will be like dwarf fortress (complexity wise) next to it.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I didn't even like Morrowind that much, even though wife insists it's the best RPG in the world. Am still waiting for a Unity implementation of Daggerfall, so I can play some real RPG.

Vlajdermen

Arcane
What do u mean? Skyrim and Oblivion are the best rpg games ever! Don't believe me? Ask IGN and Watchmojo, they're always right. Also I think ff6 has the best story and characters in the industry, I've never heard of Arcanum, I use the phrase "best game evar" unironically, my favourite food is tide pods, and my chromosome count is 47.

Falksi

Arcane
Can't deny that I enjoyed the Dark Brotherhood & Theives Guild questlines, along with the odd quest here & there (e.g. the painting one). So to that end I think there are a few redeemable qualities.

But overall it's a massive step down from Morrowind, and yes a fairly shit experience because of all the other bollocks & failings. 10 hours worth of fun lost in 100 hours worth of wank is not my idea of a good game.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I was not, technically, being a racist Haba

Allah simply means God. I was raised in a Catholic family and and we pray to Allah every sunday, whose son Jesus save us from our sins by sacrificing Himself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom