Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

God, how I missed Oblivion

circ

Arcane
I also had more questions, well one, but I figured I'd make a new reply.

One simple question: Why do people still play Oblivion?

I know, well, it seems, that most people use it to play the animu waifu game, but still, there are still tons of mods being released that improve on the gameplay itself, well, try to.

But, despite the improvements, it's a horrible experience. It's just not a stable game and will never be one.

I was going to ask why these people don't move onto Skyrim, which is already a vast improvement in stability, but I guess I know the answer from having read a number of threads about why people are sticking with Skyrim over Skyrim SE - they spent their entire gaming lives modding Oblivion, and despite it being shit, starting over is terrifying to these people. Maybe that applies to the first question too - these people just can't let go of their rotting corpse of an imaginary spouse. In short: there are some genuinely crazy motherfuckers out there.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
If you don't expect too much, Skyrim is pretty good for what it is - a hiking simulator.

I think Mass Effect 1, Fallout 1 and 2 and HoMM IV have perfect soundtracks that are perfectly listenable outside of the game.
I was pretty disappointed once I came across an old and obscure Japanese compilation of ambient music called Ambient, Vol. 4: Isolationism. It's basically the Fallout soundtrack. Mark Morgan never took any inspiration, he just copied the tracks almost verbatim. I've no idea how he was never sued.

Compare:
Once Again I Cast Myself Into the Flames of Atonement - Nijiumu
Fallout 1 Soundtrack - Acolytes of the New God (The Cathedral)

Basically all these years we've been listening to some quirky and really creative underground Japanese ambient artists and heaping blind praise on Mark Morgan who is a piece of shit.
Ambient, Vol. 4: Isolationism
Product details
  • Audio CD (September 13, 1997)
Fallout (video game)
Release: September 30, 1997

:nocountryforshitposters:

Maybe they both copied from the same source :M

Casual Hero

Augur
Simply glance at the reactions at the bottom of the first post and you will see what kind of place the RPGcodex is.
I learn more everyday I come here.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Ahhhhhh journalists of every kind, what would us plebs do without you to provide us with accurate depiction of events both past and present.

Agreed with everything in video, especially about NPCs.

Btw. Oblivion was one of my very first 'RPGs' back when I was a kid. I loved it. What kids know, I didn't even know what an AR PEE GEE is.... Well I was still in high school when I got Skyrim and I can never forget my disappointment with it (again prior to it I only played Oblivion which was decline from Morrowind etc.). I was searching like for an entire hour for a detailed quest journal and section for different ranks in guilds etc. (one of the few solid things from Oblivion was journal, could be better but light years ahead of Skyrim's). I was convinced that it must be a bug and that patch will fix journal which pretty much consisted of track one of these quest marks.

And first patch came soon after. It didn't introduce anything close to normal journal but on the brighter side we did get moonwalking, flying backwards dragons.

Todd never changes...

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Oblivion was one of my very first 'RPGs' back when I was a kid. I loved it. What kids know, I didn't even know what an AR PEE GEE is....
Close to my experiences. It was my first WRPG when I was 8, my entire previous experiences being with Pokemon and Dark Cloud.

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
Bethesda TM - the games where you wish you would be playing the tiny tidbits shat into the games by obviously better writer's instead of the actual game.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Oblivion was one of my very first 'RPGs' back when I was a kid. I loved it. What kids know, I didn't even know what an AR PEE GEE is....
Close to my experiences. It was my first WRPG when I was 8, my entire previous experiences being with Pokemon and Dark Cloud.

Oblivion has a great number of flaws but it's still one of my favorite RPGs and nothing will ever change that. Technically Daggerfall and Morrowind are far superior, but there is a magic about Oblivion that is unmatched. I don't know if it's the potato faces or what.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Less than 100 posts and you have already made a "your mum" post. Way to start at the bottom and go down hill.

Danikas

Arcane
I spent 130 złoty(KURWA!) on this shit back in 2006. I only played it because I was 14 and I blew all my money on this piece of crap :hmmm: , havent bought anything from bethesda since that fiasco.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
At least he is more entertaining than any single post you have ever posted....
I guess if enjoy "ur mom!" stuff then yeah you are never going to be on my level.

Few moments before...
Oblivion was one of my very first 'RPGs' back when I was a kid.
Way back 5 minutes ago.

Few momets later...
anvi, yo mom so fat she had a 16000lb mole removed from her ass

Ur momz so fat she ate the internet.

Wew, just git on anvi's prestigious, mature and inclined level of humor. When we all grow up (cause we are still kids compared to him) we can only hope to have uncle anvi's ability to make quick mature, deep jokes.

Now on the other hand his level of self awareness is scaled just like in Oblivion, so you'll never be able to reach it.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Oblivion was one of my very first 'RPGs' back when I was a kid.
Way back 5 minutes ago.

That's exactly how long it took your mum to make a man from a boy. Thanks to her now as man I can shitpost alongside other men and anvi on this prestigious site.
You are mistaken mate,anvi doesn't have mum.He was created by two ascended transcended transdimensional transgendered beings.
spiritual-awakening-stages-11.gif

PS:If you don't send this gif to 1826 people you will descend!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom