Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
New augmentations eh?

Interesting.

Ash

Arcane
Yes. A necessity to balance the combat speed vs microfibral muscle choice, and to also make both those augs less OP. You can now have two arm augs. The second slot is for Combat strength (Active) (independent/separated from combat speed) and Energy Transference (Passive).

Testers should keep a close eye on those new choices.

I also need testers to play the tutorial, as those maps have been updated.

Ash

Arcane
Throw it at me, I'll start by playing normal then realistic stealth non-lethal
-Minicrossbow steel dart damage reduced by 4.
-Removed power-throwing of corpses.
Nevermind, installing Revision :rpgcodex:

The power throwing of corpses is there as an option. See the "Realistic Corpses" option. It was already there in v8.0, I just don't want to officially support it by default as I mentioned before.

Black

Arcane
Didn't see it in bug fixes so here it goes: sometimes when leaning when JC's on a ledge he'll fall.

Ash

Arcane
Ideally you'll compile a report over time to PM me when you're done, but posting here is fine if that is what you want to do. I'm not expecting many bugs, rather more feedback and discussion that the others can get in on too.

Black

Arcane
Fine, so I'll go ahead and get two things off my chest quickly:
-AI sometimes knows stuff they aren't supposed to: on Liberty Island friendly security bot attacked an NSF guy, the other NSF guy heard the gunshots and went after me, hidden behind crates.
-Strength aug: YOU ABSOLUTE MADMAN. I realize that throwing stuff at enemies isn't your idea of Deus Ex and that's fine but look, I picked the tiniest cardboard box and threw it, bam, -1% energy.
Not to mention that was the least annoying way of opening supply crates.

RoSoDude

Arcane
Hey, new to the board but not GMDX/Vanilla. I've been looking into some physics improvements for GMDX, and I was wondering if anyone had any basic guides to getting mod tools up and running, in particular on the code side of things.

Also, I hear import/export of model animations is a pain in the dick, any advice on that one?

Ash

Arcane
-AI sometimes knows stuff they aren't supposed to: on Liberty Island friendly security bot attacked an NSF guy, the other NSF guy heard the gunshots and went after me, hidden behind crates.

Vanilla. AI in the combat state always know where you are, even if they've never even seen you and are fighting with someone else. I should have addressed this ages ago really, and will now.

-Strength aug: YOU ABSOLUTE MADMAN. I realize that throwing stuff at enemies isn't your idea of Deus Ex and that's fine but look...

Oh it is, it really is, I love throwing shit around. It's just important for it to be balanced and believable. Where I've gone wrong here though is to const drain the same amount of energy regardless of what you're throwing. I'll make it variable based on object mass.

It was convenient for opening crates tho...lots of people complained about it not draining energy however. Maybe I had it right the first time?

Or what I could do is only drain energy when power throwing heavy objects. Happy medium?

Ash

Arcane
Hey, new to the board but not GMDX/Vanilla. I've been looking into some physics improvements for GMDX, and I was wondering if anyone had any basic guides to getting mod tools up and running, in particular on the code side of things.

Also, I hear import/export of model animations is a pain in the dick, any advice on that one?

Welcome RoSoDude. Further physics improvements would be excellent.

Download the Deus Ex SDK: http://www.moddb.com/games/deus-ex/downloads/sdk-v1112fm

It's really very simple to get the bare necessities set up.

Use WOTGreal as a free Unrealscript programming IDE. Very handy.

KlauZ has got a solid grip on the import of meshes, so any specific details in that regard PM him. For anything else PM me.

Ash

Arcane
More golden quotes from reddit:

Plot-wise, I would rather that the series not try to work itself towards Deus Ex 1. Human Revolution started on a very interesting path with the transhumanism angle, much more interesting than the silly 90s-era conspiracy theories that were the focus of Deus Ex 1. And players didn't like Deus Ex 1 for the story anyway, they liked it for the gameplay.

Somebody is talking out of their ass and obviously knows nothing about the game.

KlauZ

Educated
Anna-Hermann arc alone has more proper transhumanism discussion than entirety of HR games.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Also noticed that you can't hold onto objects when taking damage, even if you have augs activated like Enviromental Resistance on level 4 or Energy Shield which should render you largely impervious to specific types of damage and by extent the pain which makes you drop things in your hands.

Ash

Arcane
Upgrade Microfibral Muscle to level 4. You never drop your held object when shot.

.Pixote.

Augur
I'm running a 2007 PC with Windows XP - (GeForce GTX 550 Ti), and sadly the game runs about 2 frames a second - so unplayable for me. The HDTP & New Vision graphics mods that were installed with GMDX worked without any problems, so it wasn't a total loss.

I really would like to play this mod without the need to buy a new PC. Thanks for the efforts Ash.

:bro:

Latelistener

Arcane
I'm running a 2007 PC with Windows XP - (GeForce GTX 550 Ti), and sadly the game runs about 2 frames a second - so unplayable for me.
Open gmdx.ini in Deus Ex\GMDX\System, and change "GameRenderDevice=D3D10Drv.D3D10RenderDevice" to "GameRenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice".
Or use Kentie's Launcher.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
I'm willing to test the new beta in my preferred gameplay style (Stealth -try to ghost as much as possible- & realistic), although somebody already mentioned that he's doing that for the hardcore difficulty... if you're not interested Ash, I'm willing to do a psycho lethal run (again, on realistic). Also I'm running on a toaster, I guess I can deactivate new vision like previous versions, right? won't be able to test the new graphical features though, just gameplay and bugs

Black

Arcane
I've been thinking about low-tech category for a while and I feel like they need something. My mind automatically went to throwing knives because a knife chucking madman is always cool but you never get enough of them in DX to properly play around with them. So how about a perk that gives you a chance (or a guarantee) of recovering throwing knives from corpses? Yay/nay/too far?

Ash

Arcane
I'm willing to test the new beta in my preferred gameplay style (Stealth -try to ghost as much as possible- & realistic), although somebody already mentioned that he's doing that for the hardcore difficulty... if you're not interested Ash, I'm willing to do a psycho lethal run (again, on realistic). Also I'm running on a toaster, I guess I can deactivate new vision like previous versions, right? won't be able to test the new graphical features though, just gameplay and bugs

All testers are flocking to stealth, so I'd prefer if you go combat.

Black said:
I've been thinking about low-tech category for a while and I feel like they need something. My mind automatically went to throwing knives because a knife chucking madman is always cool but you never get enough of them in DX to properly play around with them. So how about a perk that gives you a chance (or a guarantee) of recovering throwing knives from corpses? Yay/nay/too far?

Maybe by default.

Unwanted

†††

Patron

All testers are flocking to stealth, so I'd prefer if you go combat.

Ok, PM me and I'll do a combat playthrough (that's going to hurt until I get Ballistic protection) and comment on weird issues if there's any

it's easier to spot weird things playing stealthy (mainly because the AI going dumb by itself is easier to notice). Any ideas on things I should try? or just go on and play as normal?

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
GMDX gives you a ridiculous amount of throwing knives, so knife recovery is fairly redundant. You'll be stocked forever after the Triad gang fight in Canal Road if you don't use throwing knives for everything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom