Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Just finished Revision, it was alright. It was certainly prettier in some areas than the original game but I can't say it was overall better. Most of the improvements came from Biomod. About to start a playthrough of GMDX, I expect it'll be better than Revision. Tally ho!

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Alright, ran into a little hitch. Started up the game and everything is pitch black. Any workaround?

Edit: Talking to Paul seems to have fixed it. Couldn't see anything in the intro though, would be nice to know what caused it if it happens again.

Ash

Arcane

Jazz_

Arcane
This is a fantastic mod, great work Ash. I have installed New Vision along with it (as I understand GMDX comes already with the HDTP mod, so no need for that one) and I'm doing a rerun of Deus Ex after more than a decade and I'm having a blast.

Ash

Arcane
Yup.

It's the spiritual future of Deus Ex. That's been the whole point for years now. There's nobody else bringing the design forward faithfully, and there never has been until now. DX and the Immersive Sim died with Invisible War. Human Revolution-loving retards could never understand. Nonetheless you can't kill real progress. The next version consists of yet more universally logical improvements.

As those old posts are buried, for those that don't know, here's just a tiny fraction of what this mod is about:

Just a fraction. This mod seeks to improve all aspects of the game, except the plot and soundtrack for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Slightly off-topic but: with all this talk of immersive sims I decided to do a quick bit of Google-fu. Found a few lists with shit like Thief 2014, Bioshock: Infinite and Oblivion on them.

Kill me.

Ash

Arcane
Yeah, supposedly Immersive Sims are making a comeback, yet none of these modern "good for what it is" games are Immersive Sims. If you compromise the art for financial reasons to a notable extent then your work is not worthy. Unfortunately there will never be a shortage of retards to consume and support decline that happens to merely be a watered down version of earlier works while willingly covering their eyes to the clear superiority of the past.

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Turns out I was using the original D3D renderer. Just had to click "Show all devices" then I went with the D3D9 one and it works just fine now.

Ash

Arcane
Yeah, known bug, now fixed. That and the raid on the same map being a bit weird. Also be sure to disable the "interaction auto holster" option if not already, as there's a mildly irritating bug related to that.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How do you use yhe PS20 as non lethal? The chagelog said it use reloaf button when the gun is in hand, but i pressed reload, it still fire plasma ball

Ash

Arcane
That was scrapped in v8.0. It was too empowering for the non-lethal playstyle, which should be a challenge as in vanilla.

Divinity: Original Sin
Well, I've just installed this mod, and I'm running with 1920x1080. Question is: is there any setup for UI scaling? Subtitle and comm link fonts are readable, but kind of small. I heard there are some UI mods... is there any chance of them being implemented?

Ash

Arcane
"I heard there are some UI mods... is there any chance of them being implemented?"

I may be adding support for something like that down the line, if it is possible.

For now, the only option is to disable the OtpFix/Non-scaling UI, and if that doesn't work, lower your res to 1366x768.

Divinity: Original Sin
"I heard there are some UI mods... is there any chance of them being implemented?"

I may be adding support for something like that down the line, if it is possible.

For now, the only option is to disable the OtpFix/Non-scaling UI, and if that doesn't work, lower your res to 1366x768.

how do I setup OtpFix?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
From what kentie told me the problem is that the UI scaling is fixed to whole amounts, so you can only get x2,x3,x4 etc, which makes for a huge UI in 1080p. It would be great if it could be set to x1,5 or something.

Now that I mentioned this, I was reminded about another thing. Another problem in widescreen resolutions is that the GepGun/Rocket Launcher/carried-body models all end prematurely before the border of the screen when optimal FOV is applied : http://i.imgur.com/y0EqCVA.jpg

This can be fixed in-game with the following command:
set WeaponGepGun PlayerViewOffset (X6.00,Y=-22.00,Z=-10.00)
etc.

But you have to type it each time you start the game. Is there a way to implement this fix automatically when you launch the game in a widescreen resolution using the automatic FOV ?

Ash

Arcane
GMDX accounts for HDTP's aggressive weapon model culling and changes the playerViewOffset var of the weapons that needed it (just GEP & LAW iirc). However, it only does this adjusted to a FOV value of 100, so don't go over that value of you want the weapons to look normal. Going under that value is also fine.

It would be great if it could be set to x1,5 or something.

Unreal Engine 1 only accepts texture resolutions to the power of 2. The only way to have the UI appear in different sizes than what we have now would be to recreate all UI textures and adjust all the relevant values in code. Shitload of tedious work.
However, just making the UI scaling scale more accurately based on resolution would be a plus.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
From that screenshot it appears you have an earlier version of GMDX installed. v7 by the looks of things. v8.0 is out, just in case you're not aware, and v9.0 will be announced soon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom