Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

Ash

Arcane
Yeah, sure. Apologies if I was dismissive in response to your previous questioning.

Ash

Arcane
Not close. I don't work on it as much as I used to, but it's steadily coming along. If people (that have what it takes) offered a helping hand that could speed up development. Anyone that thinks they could offer valuable enhancements to DX should step forward. Nothing is out of the question except story and soundtrack, you've just got to have the talent and perspective to make it fit naturally into the game.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah, sure. Apologies if I was dismissive in response to your previous questioning.
Nothing to apologies about, thank you that you continue to answer me. )

So, my question was about Battery Park mission.
Which conditions should I met so game count it as peaceful solution.
I shouldn't kill anyone in Castle Clinton, or inside secret tonnels.
Luckily you turned off that bug-feature, so I can take bodies.
I shouldn't allow that Anna or soldiers will kill someone from CC.

How about those that holds position in the slums, near subway?
There are 2 live and 1 dead UNATCO soldier, and sometimes they act by themself, and firefight begin between them.
Do they count or not toward peaceful solution?

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I was struggling to get GMDX working on Steam, then found the whole "path" fix stuff and decided I'd just buy it on GOG instead.

Played GMDX v7.0 a while ago but looking forward to starting v8.0! Will post impressions & ramblings at some stage.

Ash

Arcane
So, my question was about Battery Park mission.
Which conditions should I met so game count it as peaceful solution.
I shouldn't kill anyone in Castle Clinton, or inside secret tonnels.
Luckily you turned off that bug-feature, so I can take bodies.
I shouldn't allow that Anna or soldiers will kill someone from CC.

How about those that holds position in the slums, near subway?
There are 2 live and 1 dead UNATCO soldier, and sometimes they act by themself, and firefight begin between them.
Do they count or not toward peaceful solution?

The game counts the number of carcasses labelled unconscious, exclusive to the NSF. You can murder all the bums in the park and even UNATCO, but as long as you knock out the NSF you'll be seen as a pacifist. Maybe I should fix that if the dialogue supports it.
I couldn't be bothered to fact check by going over the code again so there may be an inaccuracy or two, but I'm pretty sure memory serves me and that is how it works.

MediantSamuel said:
I was struggling to get GMDX working on Steam, then found the whole "path" fix stuff and decided I'd just buy it on GOG instead.

Played GMDX v7.0 a while ago but looking forward to starting v8.0! Will post impressions & ramblings at some stage.

Good good.

I'm still waiting for a proper LP and a codex review. Everyone that plays it loves it, with many claiming it is the best way to play DX (aside from that one codexer anyway), so it should have happened by now.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
So, if those two near shacks will manage to kill some NSF troops, I'll be a murderer. Not good.
I'll knock my UNATCO buddies with baton!

Also, my contribution to GMDX - the only thing you need to clean out CC from useful stuff is something to go behind soda machine - I prefer LAM.
After that:

6fb1667d39ef159ad12bab97b07f974c.bmp

And you can jump and mantle through window, turn off all cameras and open safe.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
So, another very minor bug, I believe from original game.
Tree between Sick Woman and Bird monument is bugged - you can walk through itbut after that you rest against something invisible.

cf7258f4c7dfbe2f00283a4c379e0ecf.bmp

Managed to finish BP - that was long man.
The only sad thing - I have to blow Billy up with TNT, because of chest. Looks like he can't move, poor Billy (apparently to not alert NSF guard).

Last edited:

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Ash said:
MediantSamuel said:

Good good.

I'm still waiting for a proper LP and a codex review. Everyone that plays it loves it, with many claiming it is the best way to play DX (aside from that one codexer anyway), so it should have happened by now.

Hmm, an LP challenge, eh?

Last time I tried to make an LP I was struck with a pretty heavy depression and only now, a fair few months later, am I thinking of revisiting said LP.

Still, I may just try to LP GMDX V8.0..

(If you're comfortable having a Deus Ex scrub / LP simpleton contribute, that is.)

Ash

Arcane
I just started taking anti-depressants myself. The preliminary side effects are not nice at all.

An LP would be very cool. There's a couple of vids of the mod out there but not a full playthrough with the latest build, all silent, and all fail to demonstrate a lot of new stuff.

Tree between Sick Woman and Bird monument is bugged - you can walk through itbut after that you rest against something invisible.

Yeah trees are buggy, nothing I can do about it.

Last edited:

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
I just started taking anti-depressants myself. The preliminary side effects are not nice at all.

An LP would be very cool. There's a couple of vids of the mod out there but not a full playthrough with the latest build, all silent, and all fail to demonstrate a lot of new stuff.

Yeah trees are buggy, nothing I can do about it.

Off topic derailment:
Ash I feel you, man. I was coming off a dose a few years ago that gave me brain zaps. It's like a jolt of energy through one's brain that, well, jolts you and feels quite unpleasant. Even three months after and I was on a new dose, I'd still randomly get one every few weeks.

I'll try and play / write something tonight, you can then tell me if it's awful before I make an LP thread and find out the hard way (if you fancy.)

Ash

Arcane
Cool, looking forward to it.

I actually prefer silent runs in some respects, because the player should be getting immersed in the game, not talking, yet conversely from the viewer's perspective talking is good to know the player's thought process and reasons for doing certain things etc.

As for zaps, yeah I'm skeptical if this is even worth it. Something needs to be done, as I'd been depressed for a long time, but they're a bit erratic in function. Fuck you up, make you feel good, fuck you up again when you come off them is what I gather based on a bit of research.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I bought the Deus Ex collection in the Steam Sale to prepare myself for the upcoming newest popamole Deus Ex

Wanna hear a joke? I'm currently playing Invisible War

It's so fucking bad

I need some GMDX sessions inbetween Invisible Bore sessions to keep going

I'm playing pacifist but killing animals is A-OK because fuck 'em, and killing bosses through dialogue is both hilarious and no blood on my hands, I won't kill you but I don't have to save you

Almost everything is worse in the sequel, even the hilariously dated bink intro movie is worse

Consoles really are cancer

It's so fucking bad

Ash

Arcane
Said it before and I'll say it again: consoles weren't the (core) problem, it was the developer (somewhat understandably) wanting to hit the jackpot.
Ion Storm went in thinking "how can we best make a game that generates optimal profits through accessible design" (and failed in that objective miserably) rather than "how can we best translate the Deus Ex experience onto consoles while keeping its identity as uncompromised as technically possible". Even as a console game Invisible War was shit.

It is the sellout's way of thinking that is cancer more than anything, as well as the lack of appreciation and support from the industry and audience that leads to that way of thinking. The cancerous PC gaming audience ignored the superior Looking Glass Studios, ultimately leading to their demise, in favor of flocking to id and Valve like sheep.

Ultimately, everyone that bears some responsibility to the industry including us "true" gamers are to blame.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Guys, I understand that neurleptics, or which class of farnachemistry anti-depressants are is a serious deal, I mean people don't eat these pills just like that.
But it is so rude machanism to affect porcelain brain. Science start to brain just yesterday in historical perspective.
Antidepressants began to use decades ago, when the only known thing about brain was that it is exist.
Today, with all thech we have we still don't know what it is brain, and how it work.
Antidepressants are using one, or at best a few active components, while brain itself produce dozens.
It is the same as gripping electronic circuit board with blacksmith tongs.
I consider it as last line of defence, which hopefully I will never use.
I have continuous depression over dunno, last 15-20 years, but this is the same as let someone to hit your head with hammer. Never used adepressants.
Of cource there are situations, when its use is justified, im' trying to substitute medicine (also official medicine treated people with bloodletting not long ago).
Thy something different, from line of "anonimous something", or if you have Orthodoxal Church in the vicinity, go talk with father there. The older he would the better.
Sorry if I said something rude, or start to talk about it at all - I just want to help as much as I can.

Ash

Arcane
Thy something different, from line of "anonimous something", or if you have Orthodoxal Church in the vicinity, go talk with father there. The older he would the better.

:lol:

Ash

Arcane
Can it be replicated, or you just tried the once?

I'm serious. )

Your concern is appreciated, but I'm not going to go talk to some delusional theist. Even contemporary counselling is not considered to be very effective. You're right in that not enough is known about the human brain yet, but anti-depressants have been a thing since the 50s. That's a long period of data collection before one ever entered my body, so I'll take the risk.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
This door is unlocked - at least it says so, but doesn't open.
It is right above subway station exit in HK.

Is it how it's suppouse to be? Or maybe I should go from other side?

Ash

Arcane
Very minor update and look into my methods:

So I was looking at the Lebedev Airfield map and I wondering how I can improve it from a pure visual standpoint, especially the shipping container maze. In v8.0 this map had few visual level design-related improvements because the options were so limited (if you intend to stay true to the original design, of course). So anyway I was looking over the map and thinking once again and then it hit me: the shipping crate maze is all perfectly aligned. Each and every one of those crates is stacked next to and on top of each other with perfect precision, creating a two-dimensional look to the maze. In the real world, while shipping containers are usually stacked precisely, it is never done with such precision that you cannot even perceive a gap exists between the containers.

20a2ihf.jpg

It's a very minor thing in the grand scheme of GMDX, yet it'll be a very noticeable improvement when running/sneaking through the maze.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom