Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

Ash

Arcane
Missed this:

Fenix said:
"What if I'll try to start with different defauld renderer, or only this works?"

Try this for DirectX9:

GameRenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Btw I started on Hardcore - I just want to set my ass on fire... (to the music The Ink Spots)... Noticed those spots for saving. )))

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Btw first thing I did - climbed up on the roof of the dock (old habits, from Thief lol) and took this pic (I changed renderer on OpenGL). Don't know if it counts as bug.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Just wanted to give props to the devs of this mod. I was skeptical at first about changing areas and the reworked systems but it still feels like Deus Ex and the reworked skills and new perks are great. The option to disable specific features like mantling straight from the menu instead of having to edit .ini files is nice too.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Another minor bug, don't know if from original game or not.
In one of the room near Gunther, I found invisible Leather Couch, I can walk through it, but I can jump on it.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Also have a few questions - how to switch modes in plasma pistol, that single shot? In description noted it has 2 modes.
When I fired it, there was some explosion that instagibbed me, I think this postol was changed. )))
What was replaced? I mean I noticed that some items wasn't there, and some new appeared, same about things like credit chit.
Or am I mistaken?

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Just wanted to give props to the devs of this mod. I was skeptical at first about changing areas and the reworked systems but it still feels like Deus Ex and the reworked skills and new perks are great. The option to disable specific features like mantling straight from the menu instead of having to edit .ini files is nice too.

Thank you.

Fenix said:
Another minor bug, don't know if from original game or not.
In one of the room near Gunther, I found invisible Leather Couch, I can walk through it, but I can jump on it.

wow...what? I should load up a vanilla map and check, because I'd remember if I had done something like that.

Also have a few questions - how to switch modes in plasma pistol, that single shot? In description noted it has 2 modes.

That was scrapped.

What was replaced? I mean I noticed that some items wasn't there, and some new appeared, same about things like credit chit.
Or am I mistaken?

Replaced? Very little. The vast majority is improvements, additions and expansions.

Ash

Arcane
Oh OK, you're highlighting a couch that is in the next room. Its collision cylinder is pretty big so it extends through the thin wall. I just moved the couch forward a touch.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
So, I want to ask - what can you recommend as first aug? At first, I picked Microfibral Muscle, because of utlity and seemingly suicidal choice on Hardcore in case of Combat Strength. But now I start to think about how many lockpicks I'll save with CS.
What is more useful if I want to visit all cashes and stashes? Usually I don't ask this, but in GMDX (in case of locks and lockpicks) balance is shifted, right?

Btw I have found one secret on first mission I didn't find them before or I don't remember it.
It is very secret cash in Jacobson room - looks like I have missed it all these years.
Sadly, it was walkthrough that hinted it, but still it is good thing. )

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Both are helpful for breaking doors down. Muscle lets you pickup and throw heavy explosives, as well as lets you use knocked out MIBs as a explosive grenade when thrown. Strength lets you break doors with melee easier. That these are so helpful with doors is partly why there's a touch more INF/unbreakable doors spread throughout the game. Lockpicks sole use is for doors. Everything else that can bypass doors is not and usually is highly multi-functional.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Is it true that going CS way on Hardcore for melee-using is suicide? I mean is CS useful outside doorhacking?

Yeah, I already used MM two times in first location - two explosive barrels, that helped me to get some useful staff.

MM not so useful as before because of a mantling, this is '-'
CS allow to relatively quiet breaking and entering which is '+'
Damn... I'm going to sleep and after that I'll choose.

Also - should normally two flares in a room with Leo Gold be visible? They are doesn't look like a secret, more likely renderer problem-specific, in that room that part of floor is very dark, so I found them only by notes in walkthrough.

Ash

Arcane
MM not so useful as before because of a mantling, this is '-'
CS allow to relatively quiet breaking and entering which is '+'

Have you read their descriptions? They both have a lot of changes, vanilla considerations need nit apply so much.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Of course I have read it, but other changes are minor. I strongly doubt that melee is an option on Hardcore, so I need to weight critical for stealth-style qualities.

Ash

Arcane
Can you not make your own assessments? Just take what you think will match your playstyle. Every choice is viable, even on hardcore.
If you insist, I'd say combat speed is slightly more suited for stealth, but they both are very beneficial.

As for the changes being minor, I doubt you have the .int installed properly, as both those augs are three times as good as they were vanilla and the descriptions go into great detail.
That's one way you can tell if the .int is installed: if the aug is named "combat strength" instead of the intended "combat speed".

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I can, but I definitely know that in original Deus Ex I'll get to every area I want (I want all areas), it is just I'm not sure in that on Hardcore, not sure how many skillpoints I need to put in Hacking\Lockpicking\Electronics.
No, installation is fine - Combat Strength vs Microfibral Muscules.

Also one more question please - in wiki I saw about Battery Park mission (just wanted to see what if I kill the bum who is asking for death), that

NOTE: If you're going the non-lethal route, do not pick up bodies of unconscious NSF terrorists inside Castle Clinton (including the secret tunnels). The game will treat any body you picked up as dead, which will mean negative comments in UNATCO HQ later on.
I never before went non-lethal way, so was something changed in scripts (because it looks quite illogical)? because I want non-lethal outcome AND loot from their bodies.

Ash

Arcane
I made the picking up of bodies pass their tag to fix that issue.

No, installation is fine - Combat Strength vs Microfibral Muscules.

It's supposed to be combat speed, not combat strength.

it is just I'm not sure in that on Hardcore, not sure how many skillpoints I need to put in Hacking\Lockpicking\Electronics.

The descriptions are notably more detailed so you should have somewhat of a good idea what you need (if properly installed, which it doesn't seem like you are).

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Looks like I made a mistake. Somehow it is Combat Speed, looks like I had to sleep after all. Sorry for misleading.

I made the picking up of bodies pass their tag to fix that issue.
Insanely huge thanks. )

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
So, I bring another minor glitch, and a couple of those that puzzled me.
Glitch - you can touch terminal on exit in UNATCO HQ, while it is behind the glass.

Puzzles.
So, first time I noticed that something is wrong when I tried to hack ATM inside UNATCO HQ, near our lovely couple.
It required MASTER level of hacking, while couple days ago I hacked it with just advanced level.
So I wonder, which variant is true.

Second - my Hazmat doesnt end, it lasts and lasts. I can turn it on, then off - infinite stuff? Is it how it supose to be?

Third - ATM inside statue. I hacked it - it shows it has 0 credits. When I tried to hack it again it shows what it should show when it is already empty.

My credits are somewhat lack ~500 credits, because now I have 1050 credits, before - 1584.

Also, loaded older save - my Hazmat infinite too, also I remember that two days ago they act like in original game.

Where is the truth, and when was the bug - today or before?

Ash

Arcane
So, first time I noticed that something is wrong when I tried to hack ATM inside UNATCO HQ, near our lovely couple.
It required MASTER level of hacking, while couple days ago I hacked it with just advanced level.
So I wonder, which variant is true.

Neither. Hacking level requirements are both randomized (upon initialization once only and therefore cannot be save scummed) as well as selectively pre-set for some special cases, for example the computer in HK MJ12 Lab Lvl 2 that unlocks a bunch of augs and upgrades is pre-set to master skill check.

Second - my Hazmat doesnt end, it lasts and lasts. I can turn it on, then off - infinite stuff? Is it how it supose to be?

It degrades when actually in use; when actively protecting you against hazards. They don't last long unless you upgrade the environmental training skill though.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Hacking level requirements are both randomized (upon initialization once only and therefore cannot be save scummed) as well as selectively pre-set for some special cases, for example the computer in HK MJ12 Lab Lvl 2 that unlocks a bunch of augs and upgrades is pre-set to master skill check.
O_O When it is randomized? When level is first loaded?

It degrades when actually in use; when actively protecting you against hazards. They don't last long unless you upgrade the environmental training skill though.
Smart decision I dreamed about from 2000. )

Ash

Arcane
"When it is randomized? When level is first loaded?"

Yeah. Technically you can load a save from before you entered the level in hopes of better odds but it'd be extremely tedious and uncertain, and again the most notable hack opportunities are pre-defined and don't change anyway. Not to mention there's almost always a number of alternate solutions.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Well, I can't resist the temptation to reload in case game gave me better result first, and I don't need to do much like in first to second mission.
Besides that there is really no point to reload.
Thanks you, your mod surprised me again! )

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Can I ask questions about the game, even if it's about original game and don't belong to GMDX?
I just searched, other threads are buried.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom