Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

Ash

Arcane
Are your problems exclusive to A51?

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Are your problems exclusive to A51?

It had happened in some areas (can't remember now) but not this frequent. Area51 seems inconsistent in that matter.

BTW, I got exposed to heavy radiation and my health got up to 250 units per limb. Then I used a medbot and it got normal again.

Ivan

Arcane
Hey Ash I know Underrail is all folks are talking about at the moment, but is GMDX still on for tomorrow? XOXO

Ivan

Arcane
If he's comfortable with it then he should release it, otherwise take your time. I just wanted something to play with while Underrail undergoes its first patch.

Ash

Arcane
I'm likely going to release. It is ready and all known bugs are fixed ropulos.

It is free and it is DeusEx 1.5 so it should be eternal. Codexers will find a lot to love & it is perfect for inevitable Deus Ex replays and new release droughts. It fixes everything that was wrong with DX and leaves everything that was right. It improves upon legendary game design and is damn near flawless (evident by the codex's lack of bitching), so I'll always have my pride.
Once you play it consider making a donation on the website if you appreciate the art & entertainment. I hope to follow a career of hardcore incline akin to this but I feel forcefully pushed to making half-assed casual mobile apps by the system. It's saddening to say the least.

Revision is worth for reworked maps, GMDX for different gameplay in same maps.

A common misconception. GMDX heavily modifies Deus Ex's maps in a style faithful to the original design. I have spent just as much time on level design as I have in the programming of the game. See: Part 6: Level Design & Graphics for a small sample.

Last edited:

Ivan

Arcane
Very much looking forward to GMDX tomorrow Ash. You should also see a donation coming your way soon. Any specific time it's being released?

Ash

Arcane
I cannot give a specific time as moddb has a variable authorization process where they check for viruses and such, but I'd say around midday for you judging by your timezone (it's the 20th here already).

PeachPlumage

Cipher
Can't wait to reinstall Deus Ex with this mod :cool: Expect a donation from me before the new year as I have put aside some money for the likes of GMDX, OpenXcom.

Ash

Arcane
^Thanks guys and gals.

gmdxnocredsxmas.png

Merry Deus Exmas!

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD GMDXv8.0

Experience Deus Ex pushed to its potential with GMDX, a rare logical progression of FPRPG game design.

Codexer Testimonies:

"The Deus Ex design formula perfected"
ZagorTeNej

"Ive been playing his mod lately and i have to say, it kicks ass!"
Diablo

"This is leagues ahead of [Insert other DX campaign mods here]..."
ropulos

"The best way I found to describe it after playing v7 is that it feels like replaying Deus ex for the first time again."
Jaedar

Follow the v8.0 installation guide: http://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx/tutorials/gmdx-v6-installation-guide

The majority of features available in GMDXv8.0 can be viewed on GMDX's WEBSITE (not mobile optimized), or alternatively some can be viewed as demonstrated in video format on Youtube:

Part 1: Artificial Intelligence: https://youtu.be/rKHPtfammNY
Part 2: Player-Controlled Mechanics: https://youtu.be/ny0wLI-ZWOY
Part 3: Sim Systems and Effects: https://youtu.be/lsOoTF5TL0Y
Part 4: Weaponry: https://youtu.be/T-bSLkfzWYc
Part 5: RPG Systems: https://youtu.be/yrIPhQBRMfs
Part 6: Level Design & Graphics: https://youtu.be/bpzXECyTQJ0
Part 7: Audio Design & UI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS-qj6iT-aQ
Part 8: Preferences & Misc: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huDkZIzrZHs

!Medium difficulty is recommended for first time playthroughs unless you're specifically after a monocled challenge!

Thanks to contributors, testers and supporters of GMDX through its rigorous three years of development.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Download link on moddb page doesn't work :(

Try the alternate mirror given when you go to download it.

I will also be uploading a version without New Vision bundled shortly for those that either already have it, have data caps or simply don't like it and want to play without, although doing the latter is not recommended as GMDX was designed with it from the very start.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Most good. Will play this (again) when I get bored with underrail.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ash For all the work you put into promoting it, I'm surprised there's no general trailer video for the mod.

Ash

Arcane
Yeah...I've kinda given up going above and beyond (as a mod) after relatively poor reception to the demonstration video series. I'm just posting to where I know there is interest.
I checked all the DX forums and observed moddb traffic and nobody gave a shit, yet I know the fanboys are out there after seeing everyone lose their minds over Revision. Incline is mostly esoteric these days as we all know. One mod isn't going to change that unfortunately.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah...I've kinda given up going above and beyond (as a mod) after relatively poor reception to the demonstration video series. I'm just posting to where I know there is interest.
I checked all the DX forums and nobody gave a shit, yet I know the fanboys are out there after seeing everyone lose their minds over Revision. Incline is mostly esoteric these days as we all know. One mod isn't going to change that unfortunately.

On the plus side, the AI stuff is probably the coolest part of your mod (in terms of making the original game look kind of dumb and your mod like a necessary improvement) so that video can work as a trailer, and then there's a link to the subsequent parts.

So when are you updating your site and ModDB page?

Ash

Arcane
The AI I am very proud of. They are far more diverse now, especially in combat. In combat all they ever did was mindlessly charge at you, it was pretty retarded.
I've read Deus Ex's AI was programmed primarily by one man alone (not surprising considering there was only three programmers on the team in total) and wasn't finished come release, so with that in mind it is pretty impressive. It simply needed more time.

Ah yes, I need to add the link on the website. Moddb has the news article pending.

Ash

Arcane
I dislike the AI vid. It indeed probably has the most interesting content but it is the most poorly presented, being one of the first made. It also has that stupid greasel animation before I fixed it:

Alfons

Prophet
Yeah...I've kinda given up going above and beyond (as a mod) after relatively poor reception to the demonstration video series.
Dude, that's not a trailer. A trailer is 60 seconds of awesome shit.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Should have kept the mod in the fridge for years, tease the community with endless release dates that won't come to fruition and then announce it as a steam exclusive only. That's the way to success.

Ash

Arcane
Lol, PC Master Race my ass.

The first spoiler is GMDX release announcement on r/PCMasterRace, buried without a single upvote (default is one).

OK, fair enough. But wait for it...

bandicam%202015-12-21%2010-37-27-623_zpserdokeqx.png

On the front page of PCMR:
bandicam%202015-12-21%2010-36-10-937_zpsosbygwtb.png

:yeah:

Ash

Arcane
Try changing renderer. That would be my first guess.

I have always thought that all those "pc master race" people are massive closeted faggots. Maybe their "uncles" raped them with NES controllers in their childhood.

:lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom