Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
"I think slowing down the speed was a good change, perhaps it should be slowed down even further and get a reduced cost?"

Hmm, perhaps. Though slowing the healing speed down some more will effectively increase the drain (as the aug has to be on longer to take effect). I don't think I overnerfed it. 20hp per 2 seconds at max level is still pretty darn OP.
When I say slowing down further and reducing cost I mean reducing cost per hp healed, not per time unit.

Also I was thinking. One of DX's flaws is the very first choice of weapons. You can pick the GEP gun which takes several levels to locate otherwise, the scoped sniper which can be acquired on the very same level for a small cash investment or the crossbow which can be gotten within 30 seconds. Since GMDX adds a new cool ammo type for xbow, and makes flare arrows a lot better, have you considered having the xbow choice give like +5 to each type of ammo for it? That would make it a much more viable choice, although you'd have to find an effective way of communicating the change to players in game, which might be a bit 'ard. Because xbow with all types of ammo is a very good toolbox for just about everything.

At least GEP vs sniper is more of a legit choice in GMDX.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Regarding weapon choice: That would be a good idea, but the code for conversation choices and giving player stuff is handled via conEdit, then compiled into a convo package. The vanilla convo packages cannot be recompiled in full, but maybe I can compile the necessary conversations independently, not sure. Perhaps /i could hack it in too by other means, but yes, conveying the change to players will not be possible in-game by any sensible means, but simply making this happen regardless should be considered.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
I really need to stop...

Video shows the following:

Dog AI enhancement: Dogs bark a ton upon spotting the player and alert nearby AI in doing so.
Gamma-Ionized plasma ammo: alternate ammo for the plasma rifle as a means to make it rival the GEP and flamethrower.
Spy drone cloaking and noise maker function: the spy drone cloaks and you can distract AI from their patrols by emitting loud animal noises.
Weapon Sway: weapon sways when running.
Stamina system: Jumping, walking, swimming, running, crouching, swinging melee weapons, carrying and throwing objects, it all plays into the stamina system. Run out of stamina and you suffer some negative modifiers for a few seconds (primarily movement-based), which obviously isn't good during tactical stealth or intense combat situations.
Athletics skill: was swimming. Now athletics. Improves stamina and breath capacity. Aqualung has also been modified to play a role in the new stamina system, as have some other aspects of the RPG systems.
Expanded object physics: All objects now have physics when shot, blown up or whacked with a melee weapons. With this latest addition of GMDX cumulatively the game world of Deus Ex is now notably more interactive, and done so in a simulated manner. If Deus Ex was 60% interactive, it is now 85% interactive. It matters.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
"Previous saves are compatible?"

No guarantees, although problems, if any, are very likely to be minor.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
That looks glorious. Especially object physics when shot/punched. I can't believe how moddable deus ex is.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
True incline is esoteric. If it weren't I'd have fucking team members and other kinds of contributors by now.

20141110235704-186b66ca.gif

Last edited:
Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Hmm, I have ideas to expand upon the physics some more.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
MJ12 commandos are pretty crazy. When they assaulted the club they wiped out just about every npc.

I really need to up my ballistic protection and rocket defense to deal with these guys.

EDIT: In versalife, the radioactive room that contains 3 aug canisters and a biocell, interacting with the keypad only opens the two inner display cases. The other 2 are INF/INF and impossible to get at. It seems you moved this room from level 2 versalife, so I presume its the power recirculator/bionic heart in the last one.

Last edited:

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Are you planning on releasing a "final version" of the mod anytime soon, or is it just constantly evolving? I think I might give it a shot as it looks really good, but I'd prefer to wait if there are similar major updates coming up.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Are you planning on releasing a "final version" of the mod anytime soon, or is it just constantly evolving? I think I might give it a shot as it looks really good, but I'd prefer to wait if there are similar major updates coming up.

I released a "final version" over a year ago. Sorry, I've got obsessive-compulsive incline disorder. Even if 3 years down the line & I've broken into the industry and some crazy person stepped forward and said "right, lets add those 50 new animations to Deus Ex that you desire" I'd allocate myself some time on the side to do it.
I'm young, stubborn and naive at this point in time. Maybe after another 4 years of a lack of appreciation I'll have enough and sell out.

"EDIT: In versalife, the radioactive room that contains 3 aug canisters and a biocell, interacting with the keypad only opens the two inner display cases. The other 2 are INF/INF and impossible to get at. It seems you moved this room from level 2 versalife, so I presume its the power recirculator/bionic heart in the last one."

Sounds like a bug. The three augs are the vision duo, cloak/radar trans, and spy drone/ADS.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
You need not worry anyhow, chances are you'll want to replay the game with the mod installed, as it like the original game is designed for replayability and there is a lot to it.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
CyberP I'm curious, is it possible to make Walton Simons use his Aggressive Defense System (or some equivalent of it he's supposed to have) so you can't use explosive weapons against him?

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
It is possible, but it is a notable amount of effort for something fairly trivial. Giving him energy shield (protects against explosive and plasma damage) would be easier, and it has a new visual effect in GMDX too.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Hmm, although there is lore bindings in the form of a datacube that reveals which augs Simons has, although if I remember correctly he has (or is meant to have) both Energy Shield and ADS.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Hmm, although there is lore bindings in the form of a datacube that reveals which augs Simons has, although if I remember correctly he has (or is meant to have) both Energy Shield and ADS.

Walton_Simons_Nano_Augmentations.png

Not Energy Shield but modified keratin (which isn't available to player in the game) that gives him full resistance to flame and good resistance to gas and energy, doesn't mention explosions. It's not a big deal of course but it's obvious devs intended for him to have ADS (as evidenced by that image) but for some reason it didn't make it into the game, would be cool if rocket from your GEP gun blew in your face if you tried to cheese past him in that way.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Well, Energy Shield also protects you against explosive damage (despite originally not displaying this info in it's description).
Perhaps I'll get around to modifying him. $50 DLC.

...just kidding, of course.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
It would be massively troll to have people blow themselves up when trying to kill him :M

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
EDIT: In versalife, the radioactive room that contains 3 aug canisters and a biocell, interacting with the keypad only opens the two inner display cases. The other 2 are INF/INF and impossible to get at. It seems you moved this room from level 2 versalife, so I presume its the power recirculator/bionic heart in the last one.

OK, I had a look. It is a vanilla bug or design decision: the keypad only opens those two pods and you need to hack the computer to open them all. Since the keypad has a high hack strength I made it open them all.

I've also further improved the odd recoil systems: recoil is no longer bound by firing animation, and view interpolation is faster. So basically no recoil still continuing to take effect when cocking the sawed off shotgun after shooting for example.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
So, I've rotated the sawedoff shotgun so it is not pointed up at an odd angle, and am unsure with which model & skin I should go for, HDTP or vanilla?
HDTP skin is rather low res, but I like the model. Vanilla looks cleaner.
Time to take off my supreme monocle and let the underlings decide:

shotguns.jpg

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Updated the lighting. Images taken using the DX9 renderer always show up dark for some reason:

shotguns.2.jpg

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I think I prefer the left one.

The streets of paris are kill. I'm having genuine trouble.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
I think I prefer the left one.

The streets of paris are kill. I'm having genuine trouble.

Really? Aren't you a Dark Souls fan? This is nowhere near as hard even on hardcore mode.
Which map? Any particular issue?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom