Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

Ash

Arcane
Testing of the final patch has commenced. Please PM me if you'd like to lend a hand. Nothing extensive, pretty much just play the game and report any potential issues.
The more playing the merrier.

RoSoDude

Arcane
The very final version, 9.0.3, is out now.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx/downloads/gmdxv90-release

As much of a shame it is that Deus Ex might not continue to be inclined for years to come, I'm highly satisfied with the state in which is GMDX is leaving it. The game has truly never played better, and it's been very gratifying to be a part of the journey even if just as a player. I can only hope more people will be able to experience it for themselves.

Tygrende

Arbiter
Playing with GMDX for the first time, seems like a great mod so far. I really appreciate how lore-friendly and subtle all the changes are, if I never played Deus Ex before I probably wouldn't be able to tell what is original and what was added by the mod.

Question: Does GMDX add any downsides or trade-offs to using the laser sight? In the base game it basically gave you perfect accuracy with no downsides whatsoever.

Question: Does GMDX add any downsides or trade-offs to using the laser sight? In the base game it basically gave you perfect accuracy with no downsides whatsoever.

The reticule doesn't show while its in use now, also its gets harder to see on targets at an increasing distance.

Ash

Arcane
Version 9 was the big news, this is mostly bugfixing over that. I was very busy at the time of 9.0.3 release.

v9 Trailer again:

Tygrende

Arbiter
The reticule doesn't show while its in use now, also its gets harder to see on targets at an increasing distance.
I see. Not much of a difference, for some reason I was hoping it would be visible to enemies and alert them or something. I always thought it's a bit too good.

Ash

Arcane
Balancing-wise there's that (which it makes it very difficult to engage in long range shooting, while before the crosshairs made it easy as they acted as target confirmation), as well as the first laser mod not being available on hardcore mode. Overall it's a lot better balanced without changing the core idea behind it.
There's also other laser mod improvements non-gameplay related, such as effects.

Tygrende

Arbiter
I guess it's not that much of a big deal. Loving the mod so far.

I think I remember someone talking about saving resources:

RfDFEws.jpg

Tygrende

Arbiter
The change to ballistic armor and hazmat suit (can be worn indefinitely and only deplete when damage is taken, as opposed to just depleting with time in vanilla) is one of my favourite changes so far. They went from almost useless to immensely useful. Same for adding a passive version of the ballistic protection aug.

Paris and Hong Kong shops are the only 2 shops in the game, right? I kind of wish there were shops we wouldn't have to break into- it seems the guards turn hostile regardless of whether they saw you break in or not, even if you pick the door without triggering the alarm. I decided to ignore the shop in Paris because it just wasn't worth it to deal with multiple guards and a one of those new bots. Exchanging money for other resources would be enough without the added difficulty of dealing with the guards if you ask me.

Also, the guards in Hong Kong are still prone to triggering the shop's alarm by walking into the glass, then turning hostile. Happened on my 2nd visit to Lucky Money.

Ash

Arcane
A couple optional add-ons recently released btw.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx/addons

Shipping and Receiving Add-on

Access to a medium sized level extension that was scrapped during GMDX's development for not quite meeting Deus Ex's standards of quality (in very minor ways), as well as being outside of the mod's intended scope a little, even though it fills in dead space in the original level design. Restored at request of GMDX's beta testers.

2027 Music Addon for GMDX

Music Addon for GMDX v9.0.3. Adds eight new great tracks. All music composed by Oleg Gelo of the Project 2027 team (2027 is an excellent Deus Ex total conversion, give it a try when you are done with GMDX). All tracks replace music in specific maps where music was repeated and these new ones matched the theme. In other words it expands upon DX's soundtrack, adds nice variety and fits like a glove. All credit goes to Oleg Gelo.

Hopefully the list of add-ons grows in the future and we see people making many cool additions to GMDX.

Ash

Arcane
Hey if you do care about the MOTY thing you need to vote for GMDX again now that the first round of voting is over (gotta vote to get in the top 100 in round 1, then have to vote again for overall MOTY...for some reason).
http://www.moddb.com/groups/2017-mod-of-the-year-awards/top100#vote22166

Oh yeah, GMDX made the top 100 again for the third (fourth?) year in a row, so thanks for your votes.

But it's probably futile attempting to win or get into the top ten, never made it that far, some GTAV or Skyrim mod will probably beat out the old prestigious Deus Ex as those games have a fanbase 100x as large, so no worries if you can't be assed. It's a popularity contest so mods made for modern declined games win by default.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom