Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Glorious Blood Bowl League of Codexia Makes Great Return - LAGOLE GON IS CHAMPION HUZZAH

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Demon..?

They could add Khorne, which was in the last game. Maybe Chaos Renegades (now that would be cool). Or something similarly self-invented. Regardless, if such a thing happens it will probably be a minor dlc and not a big expansion.

You don't need to know anything about football at all. Blood Bowl is sports in fluff, board game at heart and RPG mechanics as seasoning.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
There's some slaanesh logos in game files, but nothing is confirmed yet.

j8VhfPd.jpg

Last edited:

mwnn85

Savant
It's a bit of a no brainer to get this for £7 over the old game.
It's fairly common knowledge that you can unlock all the DLC on certain STEAM games at no cost (i.e. extra teams + expansion) through illicit means which we won't talk about here...

The last time I played any Blood Bowl was with the legendary edition of the first game.
Just had a quick go of punching things in the face as Chaos. I can remember them being useless until they gained a few skills.

I can see they've built a nice replay function into the game.
The sequel is all a bit alien for the moment.
I remember the first having a campaign mode - a bit like Football Manager, etc.
Roll requirement = Percentage / Dice Roll ? (Dice roll surely? Or maybe it's best left set to defaults? Who knows?)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Maybe Chaos Renegades (now that would be cool)
Chaos pact you mean? They would indeed be cool.

I am a bit wary about cyanide made teams, wasn't so great last time.

It's Renegades now: https://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6RaceStrategy
Disgusting. Elven union? Shambling undead?

Elven Union is better than Pro Elves in my opinion. Shambling Undead is just weird
Pro elves was good because it meant all the elves followed a consistent theme:
high elves
dark elves
pro elves
rat elves.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Brets are fine below TV1300. They just don't have good development options later.

Remove daunting and patched AG access from blitzers. Make them cheaper or give them fend instead.
Give them two G,S access dudes with block and daunting. And cheaper RR.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Brettonians are a fanastic team. Great idea, really cool playing style. If you haven't played them yet you should really try Darth Roxor. Their weird skill access rules alone make them fun to build at lower TVs.

They're not Tier 1, but I applaud Cyanide making cool teams instead of super overpowered shit.

Khorne were meh but not bad either. So I'm fine with Cyanide making new teams based on those two experiences.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Maybe Chaos Renegades (now that would be cool)
Chaos pact you mean? They would indeed be cool.

I am a bit wary about cyanide made teams, wasn't so great last time.

Really? I think Bretonnians are a brilliant addition. Aesthetically perfect while being a pretty balanced team.
Aren't brets basically copied from fan made teams though? This page has been up for way longer than BB2 has existed for example http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/BBBretonnians.htm .
For the record I think brets are pretty cool.

I was referring to khorne, which were meh to bad.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Yeah Bretts are based on a fan creation. I still think I'd rather se something fresh than Pact.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Berekän got a really rough start, with the first block of the game bhing a blagorg, followed in the next few turns with a third of the ork team getting surfed, and a thrower getting cartwheeled(that's amazon for fouled) into another bh.

Second half a snake eyes gfi made the orcs drop the ball, and I got my second td.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom