Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Glorified Plug N Play Returns! (Nintoddlers go wild!)

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
It's interesting that it has an official release of StarFox 2 though, considering that never got released at the time and was just a ROM floating around the internet for years. They're probably selling that very same ROM lol.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
It's interesting that it has an official release of StarFox 2 though, considering that never got released at the time and was just a ROM floating around the internet for years. They're probably selling that very same ROM lol.

Sadly they're probably profiting off some hacker who got his hands on the rom and leaked it on the internet years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if they lost the actually sourcecode of the game decades ago. This is going to be the justification for purchase for most of the brianlets that buy this trash.

The Decline

Arcane
I can confirm it's not just Nintentards, it's also people who haven't played video games for 25 years who don't realize they can play these games for free on nearly anything that has a computer in it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I can confirm it's not just Nintentards, it's also people who haven't played video games for 25 years who don't realize they can play these games for free on nearly anything that has a computer in it.
I can play it for free on my toaster.As of nintentards,well they are the missing link in the human evolution theory.We do need a few soap factories for them.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
>release a shitty plug'n'play "console" with a few old games
>release all your old titles in HD on your new Switch console

Choose one Ninturd. xDDDD

flyingjohn

Arcane
Buying this is a nice way to earn some easy money if,if you can get your hands on one that is.
People made some nice money reselling the nes classic to desperate fanboys and this ain't no exception.
As for people buying this,mostly older fans of Nintendo who usually collect Nintendo stuff.
I mean these are the people that will spend thousands on a video games,so money is not a problem for them.
I remember a youtube channel bragging about spending more then 500 dollars for a neo geo game,which is mindboggling .

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
>release a shitty plug'n'play "console" with a few old games
>release all your old titles in HD on your new Switch console

Choose one Ninturd. xDDDD

*already bought them all on Wii U*
*decide it may be better to play them on the go on my 3DS*
*figure I can just log into my nintoddler account and download them onto my 3DS since I've already bought them*
*can't, have to buy them again*
*buy them again for 3DS*
*someone steals my 3DS*
*buy a new 3DS, can't link my old Nintoddler account because it's still linked to my stolen 3DS*
*call Nintendo to rectify this situation*
"we can't help you"

Wk9A35S.jpg

Last edited:
Well according to dylan cuthbert, one of the orginal devs of the first star fox, there was a complete unreleased version of star fox 2. So any of the roms currently available on the net are just incomplete betas of the game.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...star_fox_2_nintendos_most_famous_cancellation
Cuthbert is keen to point out that this version is far superior to the numerous leaked prototype ROMs which are currently doing the rounds on the web - the leaking of which has been erroneously attributed to himself. "There are a few ROMs on the net in various conditions," he states. "But the ones I checked out are all old and they don't have the randomizing Rogue-like stuff working or all the encounters in place, so you don't really get the feel of the game we were making."
Honestly the only reason that you should even consider getting this overpriced piece of plastic is solely for this game*, even then 80 bucks is a steep price for a single game let alone a 16-bit one.

To dump the ROM on the net

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Yeah, what Edward said. That game will be ROM'ed, repackaged and found at your local pirate haven by the end of the year at the very latest.

lightbane

Arcane
I remember trying that mini-NES emulator thing at a bar I went some time ago, what I discovered was quite amusing: Not only the emulation is shit (only one save slot and no fast-forward, lol), but as mentioned the game list is too short.

I wonder if Nintendo will try a similar thing with the Gamecube.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
I remember trying that mini-NES emulator thing at a bar I went some time ago, what I discovered was quite amusing: Not only the emulation is shit (only one save slot and no fast-forward, lol), but as mentioned the game list is too short.

I wonder if Nintendo will try a similar thing with the Gamecube.

I think they're in the process of shilling out GameCube games for Switch owners via a virtual console type thing, so I doubt we'll see something like that in the near future.

Max Stats

Liturgist
It's not like you'll ever see these things in stores so no point talking about it.

Though I do wonder about the use of "glorified" in the title. What glorified? It's literally a P&P.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Trying a bit too hard maybe? Not everyone is willing to set up a retro pie and wants to delve into the legal grey area that is rom downloading.
The price tag is steep tho, that I agree on. For 80$ one could at least expect a functional module slot in addition to the onboard roms.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Trying a bit too hard maybe? Not everyone is willing to set up a retro pie and wants to delve into the legal grey area that is rom downloading.
The price tag is steep tho, that I agree on. For 80$ one could at least expect a functional module slot in addition to the onboard roms.
Pirate live for me!

Deleted member 7219

It is a retard tax, which I'm totally fine with. The money should go to charity instead of Nintendo, though. But then again, doing nothing and getting money for it is a good business strategy.

McPlusle

Savant
As abhorrent as they are, I've gotta give Nintendo credit for knowing how to milk all the cash out of both retarded Nintendo fans and "POP CULTURE GEEKS" who don't play video games alike. I'm jealous; they make it look so easy.

Higher Animal

Arcane
I don't get the hate or criticism. Theoretically, one could download just about any game off the internet and play it for free. One of the reasons why gaming is bad (and objectively, it is so, compared to past eras) is the compensation is so terrible for the amount of work put into the product. Reselling and remaking old games can provide a passive income stream that rewards good game making, and encourages those who put talented products into the industry to stay and continue their work.

Why shouldn't Thief be remade and resold every five years, capturing a new audience each time and providing income to its original creators? That's exactly what happens with literature.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom