Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Glittering Gems of Hatred - part 3

Jebus

Novice
Is this supposed to be a flame war?

Fuck, it feels like kindergarten. A bunch of idiots completely ignoring all rational argyments and spouting gratuitous profanities just to get heard.

Ratata and Undead Dolphin Hacker, I'm sure you two would make great FOBOS fans.

Stalagmite

Scholar
Jebus said:
Is this supposed to be a flame war?

Fuck, it feels like kindergarten. A bunch of idiots completely ignoring all rational argyments and spouting gratuitous profanities just to get heard.

Ratata and Undead Dolphin Hacker, I'm sure you two would make great FOBOS fans.

Go cry to mommy, whiny little bitch.

Jebus

Novice
See, this is what I mean.

Comments like that don't make you look better, you know. Grown ups prefer to argue with argument, retort and counter-retort, and have largely grown out of sitting in a corner, sulking and spewing out profanities which are, if you will, rather cliché.

Don't worry, you'll understand when you get older.

PS Also, it is rather amusing your rank title would say 'educated'.

elander_

Arbiter
Gnidrologist said:
And since when any fansite or just any given internet place has to have an influence on any marketing, to be credible?

Lets just forbid all fan sites on the internet because someone's e-dick has dictated that what fan sites have to say is useless. :roll:

Fucking commies should have been all hanged by the neck when there was a chance.

Rosh

Erudite
Awww, trying to look "useful", Kharn? Amusing, but a little late, boy. Just like this reply, but unlike me, you've been clueless for months, still are clueless, and will continue to be so as long as you hold your position at NMA with more importance over your purpose at NMA. Unlike you, I have been doing productive work, as usual. Whether you're bright enough to notice or not, or even be able to comprehend it, is entirely another matter.

Kharn said:
Why are you even making such broad judgements based on 1/3 of the article which does not include the argumentative part. That's as silly as those "manifesto"-posts on NMA. Jeesh, people, wait a week.

This differs from a self-pitying "manifesto" article, prompted by the realization that you have been doing nothing but sit on your ass while reposting DAC news items...how?

I liked DarkUnderlord's article for F:POS better, where he was obviously paying attention, versus how NMA sat with their heads up their asses until the only one who was trying to get information there got fed up with the lazy shits, and left. Oh, and now they write an article as if they have been doing something for all this time.

And Kharn feels like he's important because he reposts DAC's news at NMA, and managed to fix a few hyperlinks from when Odin only half-assed a PHP script installation. So, what prompted you to finally get off of your asses? Being personally humiliated upon three sites, or the sad fact that NMA has really become little more than a self-pitying news repost site? Or was it the continued chafe that you were scooped on your own news forums by someone from a more "general" CRPG site (so much for being the top Fallout fansite, hmm?), DAC reposted it, and you decided to ignore it until it was pointed out explicitly for your benefit? "OMG! We now have to look like we have a clue!"

When you decided to ignore both Vault Dweller and myself in lieu of playing the "we don't know shit because Bethesda hasn't told us" garbage, it kind of undermines your rather self-pitying <s>article</s> new, weak cry for attention. You had the information, it was given right to you on your own fucking news forum. Instead, you wanted to play the "we don't know shit because Bethesda hasn't told us" garbage that turned into the "we don't repost rumors" bullshit later as an excuse as to why you wanted to argue over the information instead of getting more details.

So if you're really waiting for Bethesda to hand-feed you the info, do like Todd Howard says and wait a bit. Then you can copy it from the DAC news to your heart's content.

The survival of a franchise depends completely on the fans.

So far, the Fallout fans have not let the franchise down.

You lying sack of shit. Some hadn't let the franchise down. Those that wanted to play the "Bethesda hasn't told us anything yet" game obviously haven't paid much attention to Bethesda, the game industry of recent, the treatment of the Fallout franchise, the previous digging people had to do for Fallout title info (unless it was Briosafreak sucking ass for Van Buren news), and pretty much ignored everything that has happened since Bethesda announced this pig in a poke. Irony on the Star Trek community parallel...maybe you'd like to ask them for a replacement set of surrogate balls since you lack a pair to do anything but whine?

Too bad the only fans who cared enough about the franchise to get into talks with Bethesda developers, using their industry contacts to figure out exactly what the fuck they are doing because there is some talent with integrity left at Bethesda, are nowhere near NMA (anymore). When they handed NMA the info, NMA staff would rather play the "we don't know shit because Bethesda hasn't told us yet". Uh...morons, Bethesda told Vault Dweller and myself, even if it wasn't in a press kit/news article you could rip off, and wasn't put easily into a forum post you could quote a sound bite from. The only Bethesda developers you lazy shits ever bothered to talk to were those who posted either at NMA or DAC (like trying to crawl up Emil/Lohan's ass for the ONE day he was at NMA, and he wasn't given any flak), or what you could troll from the official forums. You don't get leaked info and material outside what you can <s>steal</s> take from public sources like that. Those talks were months ago.

In other words, the time to really change any of Bethesda's plans is long past, as they have already moved full speed ahead past the relatively *minor* details we leaked a while back to people sitting with their heads up their asses. Like I said, one of my contacts was in the art department, and had some interesting things to say, namely "As misplaced as it is, Googie may be an improvement on much of the art that I have seen. If you hate idea of "Oblivion with Guns", it's a little too late to change that now". The time to sound outraged is a LOT past due, now, kids. Bethesda doesn't care, and doesn't have any reason to care, since only a few people seemed to care about the leaked material. Now they're fairly done with it. So instead of chasing Bethesda back to the drawing board like we did with MicroForté and FOT (there wasn't even going to be a world map until NMA got ahold of them...just a series of missions), you can now wait to insert Fallout 3 content into whatever remains of NMA. If you can, considering the Fallout and Fallout 2 content is now broken beyond your ability. I was just waiting on Marv. Now you have to find someone with enough programming experience to even come close again to matching GameBanshee's items DB or any of their other content. Sad, and they were the verified press kit whores, and yet you're the ones waiting to suck Todd's ass for him to say anything for you to reprint.

So that, in a nutshell, is why I left NMA. You could read the horribly derailed thread here on the MMORPG forum started by DarkSign for some details, but I'll put it briefly here. All parts of the site were falling into neglect, and unless it was to do Kharn-level hyperlink editing, nothing could be fixed. The site was suffering from broken content that we were waiting literally YEARS for the host to get off their lazy ass to change something so we could repair it, after Marv had broken PERL and other functionality of the site, using "security" as an excuse despite the dumb fuck having just about every one of his hosted sites' DBs publicly browsable through his shitty hack of AdminSQL. On top of this, it was the attention, or the lack thereof, of looking for Fallout news that had me quite discouraged. Most of the admins at NMA were either mostly absent (Odin, lost to WoW; welsh, mostly missing; everyone else occasionally posting upon the forum), would rather post bullshit on TO's forum than read their own news forum (Silencer and others), or need to read DAC's news for a clue and still fail (Kharn).

It was clear that nothing productive was going to be forthcoming from NMA, and from the looks of how they still seem to be oblivious to the site blacklist and want to write pages bemoaning what has been common public knowledge for some time, nothing productive could be expected from NMA. Hell, they can't even bother to be clued in when I give them specific details of the setting as described to me by Boyarsky. I got burnt out wasting my time trying to rebuild the site, while talking to developers, and giving out the frequent clue to site staff too stupid to tell the difference between EC Comics and DC Comics despite that EC Comics were the basis for much of Fallout's design integrity, offering depth and social commentary that would honor those publications. To continue this futile bullshit, when people weren't even going to try being clued in (as Odin had, when it came to FOT or even F:POS), just speaks of people who probably don't care about the material but instead of the position they are in, and I don't care to tow the line for such shitbags. As I said before, I cared about the Fallout franchise, it was the reason I was at NMA. Since nobody else cared enough to do the slightest bit of digging for themselves, even when it was handed to them by myself and others, then I didn't care to continue wasting my time.

In other words, Bethesda is doing the same to Fallout that Ubisoft/Nival/Arkane did to Might and Magic. I hope you enjoy it, because you fuckers were too lazy to do anything but whine that Bethesda hasn't told you anything than act upon what information was already given to you.

IRONY!

You want more irony? Done!

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34206 said:
In other news, while commenting on RPGCodex' take on Fallout 3 on our forums, RPGCodex head honcho VDweller stated that "[t]hey are not targeting the Fallout fans at all. If they were, they would be here now, talking to you, would they not? They already have a playable build, yet they didn't show anything to you. Ask yourself why."

The common excuse line to excuse why NMA staff were lazy shits, as they were probably expecting to be handed Fallout 3 material by a shitbreathed Briosafreak as they had been relying on for news for months: "We don't post rumors."

So why did you post this, which could be a rumor, and not the info as was released months ago?

IRONY!

Still not enough? Fine!

http://www.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=34772 said:
Nothing substantial is known about Bethesda's Fallout 3 as of the time of this writing.

Correction, nothing substantial is known by the lazy, clueless shits at NMA, who are still continuing to wait for Bethesda to hand them a clue...which won't be forthcoming due to their blacklisting. And now that you don't have the balls to challenge them with the information people DO know, because "we don't post rumors", they don't have to publicly divulge more details about the game than the nebulous crap you've been reposting vacantly. So you obviously didn't learn from FOT or F:POS.

IRONY!

You now deserve what Fallout has become, as reward for your laziness and lack of a spine.

And, if I wanted to read Fallout news, I'll just be like you, Kharn.
I'll take a quick visit to Duck and Cover. :D

-Rosh

P.S.:
As someone else mentioned, I am working on a game, but not as the AI programmer, but as the design lead of the project. Other than what I have said in an aforementioned thread, I don't care to divulge much more than that at this time. It was amusing having a team member do one of the writing exercises I planned, where each team member writes in the style of the others to help add in some writing here and there where necessary while keeping it matching in style, write and post a "fuck you and goodbye" for me to see it get quickly hidden. He did well, but I had to take marks off for "inadequate swearing" and "insufficient bouts of incoherent virulence". :D

mister lamat

Scholar
more like a beer fart rather than a tornado. the latter actually changes things, the former just kinda makes the place a little more stinky.

taxacaria

Scholar
If Rosh is right, there has been no chance to change things in the past.
A community, which is not the target group for a game, has no possibilities to gain any game developement influence.
So all mud catching is invain.

Rosh

Erudite
taxacaria said:
If Rosh is right, there has been no chance to change things in the past.

Not sure what you mean, but I will clarify what I mean:

If people had bothered to look at the questionable elements when presented and acted upon them, and not when they need something to look useful, then the game might have turned out quite differently and might have had some chance of being something other than yet another X-Box console piece of trash. There is only so much one man can do, and with as much as I tend to figure out, I tend to look the asshole for taking a piss all over people's self-delusional "OMG, Emil is working on it, it might not suck!" and similar crap.

When our contacts look at the reaction of Kharn and others at NMA, and see how little they cared to get the information, the sources were understandably not going to put their career at further risk for no use to leak out more info.

DAC brought the info to light, but it didn't get enough community notice and strength behind it, as had the "series of missions" for FOT (and word of mouth pretty much killed F:POS), for it to be worth much. There's only so much one man can do on a site when he has to take up the slack for the slack-jawed, and only so much one site can do amongst hundreds of GameSpy clones, each with thousands of imbeciles gushing over how Oblivion is teh gratest RPG evar because it was their first one on X-Box.

So now Fallout "fans" can enjoy the game they were too lazy to fight for. The developers with integrity saw how the Fallout community was fighting for their beloved game, and how they were finding out details about it. Someone prominent in the community divulges what should have been a real eye-opener (VDweller), I give further background info, and yet another site (DAC) reports it as news but notes the source details. So much for community notice, as admins and moderators of the site the info was leaked to argued against it and other info.

Which is funny when they repost nearly the same, exact phrases by the same, exact person, months later, after having played the "we don't post rumors" excuse as to why they couldn't be bothered to look past their silly drama games to do their fucking job at NMA in the first place. Yes, Kharn obviously cared more about his position and the drama surrounding it, as evident by the number of threads that went through over both NMA and here, than doing his job at NMA.

I'm sure I could have posted it as news, but it was handled this way for a reason, to see who really cared. As apparently only I, a couple of other staff, and some readers cared about the details, it seemed to be a lost cause. I have other productive work to do than to repeatedly try and fail to clue in someone who later feels the need to write an article about how Bethesda wasn't spoon-feeding him a clue.

I guess there is just no possibility of educating people too stupid to tell the difference between EC Comics and DC Comics, and then they go and berate one of the Fallout d20 artists based upon this ignorant shit, two different admins/mods citing "DC Comics".

Yeah, no chance I was going to educate people that stupid, if they were so desperate for Bethesda people to post on their forums in the same happy verbal cocksucking they enjoyed with BIS.

A community, which is not the target group for a game, has no possibilities to gain any game developement influence.
So all mud catching is invain.

Not entirely true. If the community, as I noted with FOT, catches a developer at their dishonesty - THEN they can force the developer to change things towards what is expected of a sequel or a game in the same franchise. If they're a bunch of idiots like Chuck Cuevas and crew, then there is no hope. That some Bethesda developers were speaking to us should have been a sign; instead Kharn wants to play the whining game while looking like he's the wounded one, while waiting for Bethesda to hand him info, when he hasn't done jack shit for trying to get info but read DAC and make excuses as to why "NMA won't repost rumors". Yet I caught that lie as well.

But, no, Fallout 3 info can wait as long as Todd wants it to, because NMA is waiting for Bethesda to hand them a clue, while being on their site blacklist. Hilarious.

Keep on waiting on Todd, kids.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Your "RPG of the Year" persona was a lot more positive, Rosh.

So tell me something, Rosh, since all this is just begging for attention and immaterial; what should I be doing instead?

Also, you were a newsposter on NMA. Why didn't you post the rumours?

Rosh said:
As someone else mentioned, I am working on a game, but not as the AI programmer, but as the design lead of the project. Other than what I have said in an aforementioned thread, I don't care to divulge much more than that at this time. It was amusing having a team member do one of the writing exercises I planned, where each team member writes in the style of the others to help add in some writing here and there where necessary while keeping it matching in style, write and post a "fuck you and goodbye" for me to see it get quickly hidden. He did well, but I had to take marks off for "inadequate swearing" and "insufficient bouts of incoherent virulence". :D

Actually, that poster was posting under an obvious trolling e-mail addy and proxy server. It was you, which was obvious from the style and content of the post, which also applies to your RPG of the Year persona. I can't believe you would expect anyone to buy a "writing exercise" excuse, or to not recognise your posting style when you hardly try to hide it.

We hid the post because it contained a lot of stuff about your contacts which, according to your own story, would be potentially threatening. We mailed the poster at the e-mail adress given to see if we should keep it hidden or put it back, but unsurprisingly the mail sent a trolling adress was not read. I'd be willing to put it back if you say it's ok despite that fact.

Rosh said:
while being on their site blacklist

We're blacklisted? Then how do you explain kathode posting on our forum a week ago, or how do you explain NMA being linked to from the ESF forum and not getting edited out or immediately locked?

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I generally like NMA because of it's content and angry cunts (lawl), but I also found their ''we're serius jurnalists who no poust rumars'' attitude bit silly. NMA is not LETA newsfeed for PA games, it's supposed to be fansite and as one, it should care more about franchise and how it can positively influence it's developement in the best interests of fans, not for some fake aura of ''serious journalisms''. Come on, it's internet and you're just website about computer game. Waiting for Bethesda to feed you with next PR bullshit is not very productive.
It's funny that everytime someone on NMA boards goes on like ''don't judge geam befur u playde it'', hivemind immidietly flames that persone to dust, using ''track record'' argument and lots of unconfirmed, unverified assumptions like ''F3 will not be turn based because...'' (not that I don't agree with most of them), but when it comes down to really try to make some impact by informing community and casual NMA readers about course the Bethesda is taking (rumarz or not, it's some real information for a change), it's suddenly dead serious news site.

Briosafreak

Augur
While there is a boycott about posting at NMA from Bethesda, it was already breached and we're not blacklisted, contrary to the Codex and ST:G, situations that we are covering, in the sense of reporting and commentating.

The backbone of NMA is now 95% fixed, and the new things that were supposed to be ready last year are now through the final phases of testing, something that can take a while but it's worth it.

The news are getting NMA more traffic than ever, and I really mean ever, so there's not a problem there.

So I don't see any reason for that much drama. Bah.

Waiting for Bethesda to feed you with next PR bullshit is not very productive.

That's complete bullshit. Please don't talk about things you don't have any meaningful data to make any truthful conclusion.

taxacaria

Scholar
Ashley Cheng said:
The thread I was reading was about a segment of the Fallout fanbase that is known for their fanatical devotion for the first two games in the Fallout series, and the Fallout universe in general. Fallout 1 and 2 were released back in 1997 and 1998, respectively. Ten years is a long time, but in terms of technology, the early 90s is downright ancient. (For reference, iPods didn't come out until 2001!) For me personally, 1997 right up until 2000 was a golden age for computer role playing games. Baldur's Gate, Fallout, Planescape Torment -- I played some of the best RPGs in my life during that period. In general, the aforementioned Fallout fans yearn for those RPGs. They may not want to play those exact games specifically, but it is safe to say that current RPGs on the market are definitely not to their liking (to say the least).
Anyhoo, back to the thread I was reading. The general consensus of the thread was that these passionate fans are irrelevant, that they are too fanatical and small a blip on the market to really matter. Yet, I can't help but think of The Long Tail [he means longtime sales]. Practically speaking, current major publishers and developers no longer make those types of games anymore, and retailers won't sell games that haven't come out in the past year or two. But you can still find them at places at www.gogamer.com or www.gametap.com. I would be curious if their sales of older titles is substantial enough to raise the eyebrows of major publishers and make a case for these niche titles.
Perhaps the RPGs of the late 90s will make their way back somehow -- those big, beautiful beasts of RPGs. Yet, I imagine, much like adventure games, when they do return, they won't be anything like they were back before iPods ruled the earth.
from http://www.ashleycheng.com/2007/02/befo ... e-was.html

I can't see much possibilities for changes here.
This means "Sorry, folks. I know you'll not like the game, but there is no other way to publish a Fallout 3 at this time. Eat our shit or eat it not - there are other customers than you, and we're going to satisfy their needs - not yours."

As you can read between the lines, it's no longer a dev's design decision - it's a question of marketing policy.
Ok - I can make my own decisions - i.e. not to buy a crappy "Oblivion with guns".

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Gnidrologist said:
I generally like NMA because of it's content and angry cunts (lawl), but I also found their ''we're serius jurnalists who no poust rumars'' attitude bit silly.

Perhaps. Mostly my personal concern, which made me not post it, was with marginalizing ourselves by playing Bethesda's game for them, which I pointed out several times before. Remember that Spong interview with Pete talking about "citizen journalists" just posting "whatever they got their hands on"? It's that marginalization that I wanted to prevent.

There's nothing saying I wasn't wrong, in hindsight, which is part of the reason I posted VDweller's remark now. If Rosh's philosophy is that he could have used the rumours to put pressure on Bethesda, he could've mentioned this and discussed it with his fellow admins or easily could have posted it on the frontpage himself with a click of the button.

Instead he opted not to post, kept silent about it, and then start flaming us a year later, not answering my question "What do you propose we do from now on, then?" (which I asked 3 times), and then running off. And now he feels he's entitled to criticise others for nothing doing anything to change the direction Fallout 3 was heading in. *shrugs* Sure, Rosh, because I'm sure what you did was all in the best interest of the franchise and strengthening the fanbase.

Though his tantrum has had a very positive effect on activity within the Fallout community, both on DaC and NMA, I'll readily admit. I'm just mistified why he chose to make this point at a time when, according to himself, it was too late, rather than at a time when it could have made a difference.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Gnidrologist said:
Instead he opted not to post, kept silent about it, and then start flaming us a year later
Hmm... I didn't know that and am actually confused now.

For accuracy's sake, I was being hyperbolic. VDweller posted about being privately told Fallout 3 would be a real-time first-person game on July 28th 2006. Rosh brought it up on November the 6th 2006. So 4 months, not a year. The main point, of course, is that (according to Rosh), if we had frontpage posted it in July it would've made a difference. When he brought up the subject in November, it was already too late.

Rosh

Erudite
Kharn said:
Your "RPG of the Year" persona was a lot more positive, Rosh.

Mind explaining this one?

So tell me something, Rosh, since all this is just begging for attention and immaterial; what should I be doing instead?

Admit that you cared more about politics and DRAMA! than the subject matter?

You didn't care about the info, just instead argued over it. Aw, fuck it. Name withheld to hold Netiquette, but enjoy:

Xandir said:
Rosh said:
I had nothing to do with that because it was very, very STUPID.

As for what VDweller said? Hello, he's a prominent figure of the community. He isn't going to just come in and say shit unless it has some basis. Aside from me and him, it looked like everyone else was complacent to just sit around and be fucked. So after VDweller and I get the equivalent of "Why do YOU care? Do you see anyone else complaining?", we have to agree that it's no longer worth giving out information at the risk of someone's job for people who'd rather wait for Bethesda to take a shit upon them with "Bethesda hasn't said anything yet" versus delving for details.

It also makes it clear that I was being ignored, as what I said essentially mirrored VDweller's, and that I have said "nothing concrete". I'm sorry if explaining their direction on the X-Box is a LITTLE TOO FUCKING COMPLEX FOR THE PEOPLE AT NMA. RT, 3rd person behind, and nowhere near the same art style. Sorry it was in giant paragraphs and not fed like...well, we saw what happened to VDweller revealing and bluntly stating his info. It got ignored in light of other irrelevancies and whatever grudge you and Kharn apparently have had from before VDweller released his info, as I noticed what kind of reception he usually got.

It's also too late to change any of that, so go kiss Emil's ass with Kharn so Emil will post again at NMA, since there isn't anything "bad" left at NMA, especially not the truth of what Bethesda is doing. Maybe NMA might get a special exclusive or something if they kiss hard enough, but there's nothing else worth following the title for.

Enjoy,
-Rosh

PS: If Kharn and Silencer are still trying to get into a "scoop" war with DAC, how about this little revelation?
Damn did that ever get out of hand.
Initially I was just trying to sort of heckle him into giving us some more info or (hopefully) something resembling a quotable source.
I made a mess out of it after that, going off an all sorts of completely irrelevant tangents about (heh) business practices and PR policy.
Dammit.

Well, you're right, Rosh, I did handle that pretty goddamned poorly and oddly enough my attention span was short enough to mostly forget about that debate. I'd imagine that that debate was what buried your and Vault Dweller's initial postings. Fuck.

Trust me when I have no problems at all with Vault Dweller, though. It just seems that every time I encounter him I seem to get into the most retarded debates about nothing...

Bah.

Illuminating. Yes, we were to make news posts and other info after being heckled?

Pick your story and stick with it, shitbag.

Also, you were a newsposter on NMA. Why didn't you post the rumours?

How many times must I repeat myself for your benefit, retard? It was handled that way to see who would notice. DAC seemed to notice, you didn't give a shit and then later repost the same thing.

Actually, that poster was posting under an obvious trolling e-mail addy and proxy server. It was you, which was obvious from the style and content of the post, which also applies to your RPG of the Year persona. I can't believe you would expect anyone to buy a "writing exercise" excuse, or to not recognise your posting style when you hardly try to hide it.

Hmmm, amusing, but there's a number of discrepancies and I do believe he even noted that I proofread it for content corrections and style edits. It still doesn't seem to read right to me, even despite lack of any swearing. He did manage to capture my fondness for "not breaking quotes with commas", a habit of mine from programming, which is what I was looking for - his attention to detail, even though he was omitting much of my usual nastiness for personal beliefs. That I couldn't really fault him for.

We hid the post because it contained a lot of stuff about your contacts which, according to your own story, would be potentially threatening.

Now this gets funny. If it was me, then wouldn't I have made sure any info that could be tracked back to my sources wasn't in the post?

After all, I was quitting NMA because I was being forced into a position to give away the identities and information given to me. I don't reward people's hard work and danger to themselves like that, and tried to make it mean something. So instead of putting the jobs of people with integrity at risk for a bunch of lazy, greedy children, I left.

That aside...

Considering that I had proofread it a number of times, I think it safe to say that it wasn't the information being any danger to my contacts as to why the post was removed - it just lets everyone at NMA know what a spectacular fuck-up you've been.

This is especially so when Silencer and then you both decide to demand to know whom my contacts were, and to know everything they have told me. That is when welsh told me not to, their secrecy and their jobs came first.

Well, with how you have handled things, I wouldn't put my job in your hands, either.

We mailed the poster at the e-mail adress given to see if we should keep it hidden or put it back, but unsurprisingly the mail sent a trolling adress was not read. I'd be willing to put it back if you say it's ok despite that fact.

Liar, Tom got the message and replied, and he wasn't using his regular e-mail because he was off on a fishing vacation in MS at the time and couldn't log into his normal ISP mail. As for using a proxy, he didn't want the chance that someone would try a SomethingAwful style DoS attack on him, as his connection at the time was crappy enough, and the inflammatory nature of the post might have been an invitation for some.

We're blacklisted?

Months ago, we were on a blacklist, as if you'd ever notice. Though, it should have been obvious with how Emil and others were posting at DAC and not NMA, despite getting nearly the same wide-spectrum treatment. But that's okay, months ago you couldn't even notice being scooped from your own news forum.

Then how do you explain kathode posting on our forum a week ago, or how do you explain NMA being linked to from the ESF forum and not getting edited out or immediately locked?

Oh, so you managed to get kathode back, for whatever little that means except that maybe Bethesda is glad the only person with a clue at NMA is gone. Well, since NMA is just "bitter and clueless angry fans" and not "people who know how badly Bethesda is treating the license", then it changes the scene of things. Keep sucking ass, and maybe they will let you know more info, but it's now far too late to do anything about it. So what is your little ending "challenge" in your article worth now? Yeah, now they will talk to you so you can reprint everything they say as before, but you're too late. You claim to be doing something? Aside from whining for attention, you're not doing a fucking thing. All you're doing is getting the Fallout community united to be assraped about the material you and others couldn't give a damn about when it was given to you.

Yeah, all you're going to get now is the pre-release hype, nothing you can critique and send back to the designing board before this turd is shoveled out. It seems like you have since earned your right to repost their press kits, since you didn't care to look for real information before, and instead wanted to kiss ass.

Maybe it's your refusal to investigate anything unless Bethesda hands it to you, as you have been singing that motto in reply to people posting their worries about Fallout 3, and in reply to having details leaked by Bethesda people. Shit, you're fucking clueless and don't care to pay attention to a clue handed in front of you. Trust me, kathode and others were watching the info being divulged, and our contacts were aware of that too - yes there is a complexity to this that you have missed while trolling DAC for news. The game isn't as simple as waiting for Briosafreak to hand you information like Van Buren. You are going to have to get off your lazy asses and DO something instead of sit there and sulk.

You and your silly little articles are nothing but extra publicity for them at this point, tool. You are the clueless, whining fanboy that has no clue of even where to BEGIN calling Bethesda at their bullshit, only that you're going to be lazy and wait for Bethesda to talk to you. As you have been for months, even to the point of being envious of having developers post at DAC, and past when it might have been worth something.

You might bark a little, but you have no bite. You're harmless to them.

Briosafreak said:
The backbone of NMA is now 95% fixed, and the new things that were supposed to be ready last year are now through the final phases of testing, something that can take a while but it's worth it.

The news are getting NMA more traffic than ever, and I really mean ever, so there's not a problem there.

So I don't see any reason for that much drama. Bah.

Hilarious. Again I cite care for position at NMA, than duty at NMA. Pathetic, kids. Now only if you cared to tell them what Bethesda was doing with the title, I might have still had some respect for you.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Mind explaining this one?

You're RPG of the Year. There's no point in trying to hide your different personas when they're so obviously you.

Rosh said:
Admit that you cared more about politics and DRAMA! than the subject matter?

You didn't care about the info, just instead argued over it.

You didn't post the rumours on the frontpage, instead opting to wait for us to do it, because:

Rosh said:
How many times must I repeat myself for your benefit, retard? It was handled that way to see who would notice. DAC seemed to notice, you didn't give a shit and then later repost the same thing.

So you didn't inform the readerbase about what you considered essential info because you wanted to test your co-newsposters? How is that not politics? How is that prioritizing the franchise? If you thought informing the people in an effort to adapt Bethesda's intentions was the most important thing, then why didn't you post it? Why did you only start talking about it to the others when it was too late?

Rosh said:
Aw, fuck it. Name withheld to hold Netiquette, but enjoy:

What's that and how is it relevant? Also, considering you're constantly posting about security flaws of a website as well as posting facts from private forums or messages, I don't think any netiquette is holding you back.

Rosh said:
Now this gets funny. If it was me, then wouldn't I have made sure any info that could be tracked back to my sources wasn't in the post?

Couldn't be 100% sure it was you, though it is way too likely. I wasn't going to risk someone's job based on something I wasn't sure of. Hence the mail.

That aside...

Rosh said:
Considering that I had proofread it a number of times, I think it safe to say that it wasn't the information being any danger to my contacts as to why the post was removed - it just lets everyone at NMA know what a spectacular fuck-up you've been.

There's no mention of proofreading in the post.

I'll consider this official approval from you. I'll put it back and bump it up.

Rosh said:
Liar, Tom got the message and replied, and he wasn't using his regular e-mail because he was off on a fishing vacation in MS at the time and couldn't log into his normal ISP mail.

'kay. That's Silencer's fault, then. Sorry?

Rosh said:
Months ago

Your post didn't mention months ago.

Rosh said:
You are going to have to get off your lazy asses and DO something instead of sit there and sulk.

Ok. What? I'm more than open to good suggestions, but then again, that would be asking you to prioritize Fallout 3 over your personal dislike of me, and that's not likely, is it?

Rosh

Erudite
Kharn said:
You're RPG of the Year. There's no point in trying to hide your different personas when they're so obviously you.

Are you trying to claim that I had claimed to be making an RPG of the Year? If so, then you might want to explain your above phrasing, as I have no clue what you're trying to form in the above except that maybe you believe me to be someone else yet again.

As for wanting a CRPG of the Year, I doubt so, though my team's efforts for making a changing story path over a number of sequels, akin to Wizardry's intro/endgame importing ability, but hopefully with a lot more game/story/character depth. It's not going to be photorealistic as it seems the current CRPG of the Years need to be to win, but instead based around early comic styles. We're hoping it has its charm, is expected to do as well as the Geneforge games, and is liked by those the current CRPG market seem to be neglecting. Besides, if it was going to be CRPG of the Year, that would mean it would be CRPGotY ~2010. An amusing notion, but with how the game market is, I'd rather just make the hardcore audience happy while developing something that makes me happy.

EDIT: I just searched on NMA. Wow...no wonder you thought it was me. They have more of a clue than you, too! Amusing fellow, too, reminding me of myself when I didn't have to repeatedly browbeat the same idiots over the same stupid common sense shit, resulting in me just being nasty instead of amusing. But hey, if they'll find a clue for you, too, go with it. You haven't been doing too well on your own or when people have previously handed you a clue, so perhaps you won't be such a spectacularly drama-whoring fuck-up this time around. As if that means much, now.

Even so, I find it amazing that someone until recently off-site seemed to understand the material and what was going on even better than the NMA staff. Care to explain that one?

So you didn't inform the readerbase about what you considered essential info because you wanted to test your co-newsposters? How is that not politics?

It's not politics because that's the way the sources wanted it to be handled, as I've told you before. As a note in context with other information so it wouldn't be a lone item without support. Which is what I posted. Then, people read a news item and see the info in context with other details, and it can be reported upon and it easily falls outside of, say, Telefragged being made to do the same "editing" that DAC faced back on GameSpy. Bethesda has a lot of pull, and if it had spread around the way we wanted it to, nobody could have put the squash on it. Congrats on DAC having the balls.

Again, as I said before, it's probably a little too complex for you to understand, child.

And it's not politics when I'm trying to evaluate exactly how much other people are doing their supposed jobs as "news admin". You breezed right past it and went for your usual twatwaffling with VDweller. Go you.

How is that prioritizing the franchise?

Well, if I'm going to be the only fan who seems to care about the details of the game than bicker over useless shit and how Bethesda hasn't told you anything so you are clueless, and you did't see any reason to listen to me, then I wasn't going to waste my time dealing with a bunch of people who couldn't be bothered to do anything but read DAC for news.

If you thought informing the people in an effort to adapt Bethesda's intentions was the most important thing, then why didn't you post it? Why did you only start talking about it to the others when it was too late?

I had made mention of that thread a number of times over, and only until I threw a giant shitfit, nobody noticed. People were too busy fucking off to notice or care. So why should I be the one giving you the info, have my sources demanded from me, if I'm going to be the only one trying to do the work?

Then, if NMA "doesn't repost rumors", as you yourself have recently, I wonder if I would have gotten the same shit and perhaps even the article taken down.

Rosh said:
Aw, fuck it. Name withheld to hold Netiquette, but enjoy:

What's that and how is it relevant?

Too stupid to read in context: check.

FYI, that was about NMA's piss-poor handling of the situation, instigating drama instead of focusing upon the subject. So if you shitbags only cared about your position at NMA than your duties at NMA, I wasn't going to continue to give you free stuff while the important information was ignored.

Yes, it could have been made into a news item, but then remember the blissful ignoring people did with the X-Box comments Pete and Todd made previously, including many other quotes that you have to be reminded upon. Quotes that make it obvious that we have heard details about the game from Bethesda, but apparently that doesn't count in light of sucking enough ass so that a Bethesda developer will post and do Kharn's job for him. As per usual, drama took higher priority than information about the game. Besides, if nobody but me at NMA was going to be looking for a clue...hell, props to DAC for paying attention. I think I was tired of getting Fallout 3 information and then have some clueless twit blabber some excuse in reply or over it whenever I'd release it. Or the "we haven't heard anything from Bethesda" line regurgitated ad nauseum. The RT note was hardly the first, or only, note of what Bethesda has been doing.

Also, considering you're constantly posting about security flaws of a website as well as posting facts from private forums or messages, I don't think any netiquette is holding you back.

Well, if NMA STILL has those security flaws, it's time to move or get fucked for something that has been common knowledge about Telefragged/AtomicGamer for some time now, and not just by those on the network.

Couldn't be 100% sure it was you, though it is way too likely. I wasn't going to risk someone's job based on something I wasn't sure of. Hence the mail.

That aside...

Yeah, the same jobs you and Silencer wanted to "protect" by demanding that I divulge my contacts and everything else I know on an insecure forum that is Google-botted weekly. Even so, I couldn't trust you with any more info than that, when you put your position and duty at NMA over your little continued bitchfest with VDweller.

Oops, sorry, had that backwards.

Rosh said:

There's no mention of proofreading in the post.

"Which is well, this, though Rosh has pointed out a few things that need a bit of clarifying from my original draft and added a few items (more like numerous since this keeps growing with his rather amused "cleansing" of his hands of this) since he answered a few PMs and banned himself. "

Learn to read, dipshit.

I'll consider this official approval from you. I'll put it back and bump it up.

Yeah, so you can point at your "articles" and say that you were doing something. Sulking over a few pages of how you've not bothered to do digging for yourself, and instead have to rely on Bethesda spoon-feeding it to you, tends to be a pathetic read when I also know that you haven't done shit for looking for yourself but read DAC and some other sites. No contacts of your own except those that will visit the NMA or DAC forums, and the relayed information from those that were available through others was often ignored in light of Order-style drama whoring.

You are, in essence, putting yourself on the same level as the other work and effort people have done in the past for the Fallout franchise, and that's simply dishonest as hell.

'kay. That's Silencer's fault, then. Sorry?

And your assumption.

Ok. What? I'm more than open to good suggestions, but then again, that would be asking you to prioritize Fallout 3 over your personal dislike of me, and that's not likely, is it?

Actually, I did. I was trying to keep the franchise as best as I could, and that is also achieved by NOT compromising the few remaining developers there at Bethesda who have integrity, while also trying to explain what Bethesda was doing to the title. The Fallout 3 forum and news forum are LITTERED with a number of my posts that explain this in depth.

I can't prioritize Fallout 3 over you, because now you're both equally fucked up, too late to help either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom