Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Glittering Gems of Hatred - part 3

Ladonna

Arcane
I can't believe this shit is still going on.

I don't blame NMA in having a go, why not? If nothing else, this 3 part writeup has been entertaining.

However, since I have seen the writeups (And linked them myself to a couple of places) splashed over all manner of gaming forums, to be met with understanding (To a degree), I would say that at the least, it has given some appreciation on the subject.

Not to mention that the Fallout 1-2 compilation has once again reached into the top selling areas of various online Australian game sellers.

Coincidence? :)

But its cool. Keep giving Todd Howard and friends a laugh. :idea:

ratata

Novice
Trust me Todd and the others dont even sink down on a low enough level to even bother reading those garbage articles!

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
ratata said:
Trust me Todd and the others dont even sink down on a low enough level to even bother reading those garbage articles!

*buzz* wrong. But nice try.

Briosafreak

Augur
dagorkan said:
LOL so a couple dozen mods (of which maybe four or five work) and hundreds of thousands of articles rehashing the same old arguments. As for all the game information, walkthroughs and the like how many of those have been written recently?

Tens of fan made patches, tools, mods, hundreds of discussions and tech support about the game, a great number of articles, the maintenance of the classical sites for historical reasons, research about the setting, support for modding crews and international fansites, an encyclopaedia of knowledge about all games, released or not, except FOBOS, and more news than almost every other gamesite about "ten years old games" can produce. And you reduce it to that?

I'm not denying the NMA website is a great resource for everything Fallout I'm just questioning the relevance of rehashing the same ideas ten years down the line. Having a few mods and weekly articles does not give you any special authority.

Actually you were denying that, just read the first quote. And frankly I don't know you, don't know who the hell are you, so why should you have any sort of authority on what we do or not? Show this sort of dedication for so many years and then we might listen to you.

The other guy is so clueless that I'm not going to waste time with him.

ratata

Novice
Kharn said:
ratata said:

*buzz* wrong. But nice try.

:cool: Kharn.....you really dont have a clue do you?
You guys are really not being heard! Trust me!

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
ratata said:
:cool: Kharn.....you really dont have a clue do you?
You guys are really not being heard! Trust me!

What, you went and asked every developer whether or not he read the article?

No point in outright lying, ratata, I know for a fact that the article has been seen by Bethesda people. You, on the other hand, apparently don't know shit. You claim we "aren't being heard". Ok. Prove it.

Ladonna

Arcane
I forgot to mention that NMA is worth a visit just to read 4too's posts every now and again.

Ratata: Is that you Chuck? Herve? :lol:

Briosafreak

Augur
The funny thing is ratata just lost any credibility he could have and he is still laughing, typical idiot :D

4Too I know you read the Codex too, so when are you going to start with a series of articles for us at NMA?

ratata

Novice
Briosafreak said:
The funny thing is ratata just lost any credibility he could have and he is still laughing, typical idiot :D

Ohh okay I see..you must be Kharn's little puppet! :D
What is credibilty? Especially coming from a bunch of obsessive compulsive NMA wierdos like yourselves?

I seriuosly hope you guys dont have kids! I can see it now..Career Day at school!
(Teacher)" Little Timmy... what does your dad do for a living?"
(Timmy)"My daddy sits in front of his computer and types up articles ranting about a 10 year old computer game called Fallout and bashes a company called Bethesda for trying to make a Fallout 3!"
(Teacher) "Sigh"
(Timmy)" My mom tells him he should just let it go, and get a life and look for a real job since Bethesda is going to make F03 the way they see fit. She also tells him that he and his NMA buddies pathetic rants will have little to no affect of Bethesda's FO3 sales since 600 or so angry NMA fans are only a small percentage of the rest of the Fallout fanbase.
(Teacher) "So what do you want to be when you grow up Timmy?"
(Timmy) "Everything unlike my loser dad!"

Ladonna

Arcane
4Too I know you read the Codex too, so when are you going to start with a series of articles for us at NMA?

Would that be wise? He seems to work with a spontaneous air when it comes to his thoughts/posts. Unless you allowed him to make an article whenever he felt like it.

Briosafreak

Augur
Oh yeah,he would choose the time, he has a logical thread that goes into all of his posts though,about the relation between marketing and creativity in games and so forth, and it would be interesting to understand better what that is.

Teacher:ratata who was the first president of the United States?
ratata: Gary Oldman, ahah, that's easy!
Teacher: No, I know for a fact it isn't.
ratata: ahahahah looser, I'm so inteligent and stuff!
Teacher: ratata is that a dildo you have up your ass?
ratata: Yes, my father likes large buttholes!
class: muhahahahaha
ratata: I'm SPECIAAAAAALLLLLL!

doctor_kaz

Scholar
I just got around to reading part 3 of this ongoing piece and I think that the author makes a couple of excellent points. Chief among them is the way that he totally obliterates the flawed argument that real time and first person somehow equate to "new and innovative". If a publisher forces a game to be real-time instead of turn-based because that is supposedly what sells, then they aren't being innovative. They are being followers. Rarely is there a Fallout 3 discussion where this illogical argument comes up.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"I would say that at the least, it has given some appreciation on the subject."

Nah. Within weeks, these articles will be long forgotten.

elander_

Arbiter
Stalagmite said:
Briosafreak said:

Ok, prove me wrong. After 10 years, I see very little of Fallout influence in modern RPG's.

What has the Fallout community done besides scrounge up some indie devs and whine?

Some people must say what no one else has the balls to say. Otherwise we would be just a bunch of commies. That *always* amounts to something. Only an idiot or a stinking commie would say otherwise.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Bradylama said:
So RPGCodex, how's the RPG market lately? It stinks? Oh that's too bad. What are you guys doing about it? Oh that's right you're having arguments over Real-Time w/ Pause after how many years? Your influence is felt far and wide.
Hey! Stalagmite and dagorkan aren't "RPGCodex" 'kay?

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
And since when any fansite or just any given internet place has to have an influence on any marketing, to be credible? NMA is just like any other website dedicated to one franchise and it is doing great. And since Fallout franchise is alive and kicking (like rape victim trying to defend), it would be completely illogical to stop talking about it?
Why are so many dumb people starting to post on Codex these days?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Why are so many dumb people starting to post on Codex these days?"

Dumb people have been posting on the Codex since the time I joined at the very least. Coincidence? I think not. Moron.

ratata

Novice
Gnidrologist said:
(like rape victim trying to defend)

:roll: You sick bastard you....you would be the one to know about that wouldnt you!
I see you failed to mention Fallout fan sites attract alot of twisted pervertic sickos like yourself.
Dumb ass..let me guess you must be one of Kharn's little brown nosing NMA puppets too! :wink:

Stalagmite

Scholar
Gnidrologist said:

Well, we all wouldn't be here if every one of us regular posters here did not have hope for an in depth RPG with lots of choices and consequences, would we?

calling someone dumb is a sign of:
A) having personal insecurities about your own intelligence.
B) being a whiny little bitch douche fuck

Got that, dumbass?

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Stalagmite said:
Gnidrologist said:

Well, we all wouldn't be here if every one of us regular posters here did not have hope for an in depth RPG with lots of choices and consequences, would we?

calling someone dumb is a sign of:
A) having personal insecurities about your own intelligence.
B) being a whiny little bitch douche fuck

Got that, dumbass?
Calling someone dum is just that, calling someone dumb. Because I think that this someone is dumb. Got that, dumbass?
Person implying over internet about someone having personal insecurities, because this someone insulted ones feelings, is mutch more likely having personal insecurities him/herself.
The funny thing, I mainly commented on ratata dude's silly complains about fansite (NMA) fulfilling it's natural function, which is posting news, articles and having discussions about the franchise it is dedicated to. You took my generalization very personal. Feel insecure?
ratata said:
Gnidrologist said:
(like rape victim trying to defend)

:roll: You sick bastard you....you would be the one to know about that wouldnt you!
I see you failed to mention Fallout fan sites attract alot of twisted pervertic sickos like yourself.
:wink:
Yes, you're right, my pedo friend. But this time I referenced to rape as an allegory. You really are dumbass, if you didin't catch that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom