Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Girls can find love too in NWN2

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Neverwinter Nights 2

There's a <a href="http://nwn2.warcry.com/scripts/news/view_news.phtml?site=91&id=53561">NWN2 Q&A thingy up</a> at <a href="http://www.warcry.com/">Warcry</a>:
<br>
<blockquote>Benjamin: Can Obsidian talk about the diversity of Romance dialogue in Neverwinter Nights 2? For example, how much attention has female romance dialogue received.
<br>
<br>
[OEI]JESawyer: The female romance dialoges have received the same amount of attention as the male romance dialogues. The characters involved in the romance vary highly in personality so of course the experience will feel different.</blockquote>
<br>
That's a good question "Benjamin" (if that's your real name). Nice to know someone's looking out for the girls.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPGDot</A>

Vultok

Novice
I like this quote better.

Himo: Dialogues in NWN were extremely obvious... You could easily know the good and the bad answer... Will that be better handled? Will they be less obvious?

[OEI][C4][C4]Bfox: The dialogue in NWN2 is really impressive, and like NWN1 there will be certain responses where the intent and outcome will be somewhat transparent. However, in NWN2, you have the element of developing and maintaining relationships with your companions, which can have a profound impact on the game itself. Some of those dialogues are less transparent or completely opaque.
Did anybody else feel that the companion dialogues in NWN1 were worthless?

Oh, and anybody know the meaning of [OIE][C4][C4]?

kris

Arcane
The companion dialouges certainly was not memorable in NWN, I can't remember anything from them at all. Which I can't say about the other Obsidian games where I at least remember some snippets or more. I think they mostly said something like "This is my background".

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Yup, I agree. The dialogue choices in NWN were incredibly transparent, with the notable exception of those odd quests where you're supposed to go kill someone and you only get more evil by asking for the money up front. It's okay to take a job to murder someone so long as you don't do it for profit, I guess. Well, scratch that. It's okay to do it for profit, so long as you don't require a down payment.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
"That's a good question "Benjamin" (if that's your real name). Nice to know someone's looking out for the girls."
:D

HotSnack

Cipher
I hear that the confirmed companions are a dwarf, a tiefling, and a gith. If they're going for Bio-esque romances, I guess both the boys and the girls will just have to share the love of the (most probably) hawt tiefling.

Thrawn05

Scholar
HotSnack said:
I hear that the confirmed companions are a dwarf, a tiefling, and a gith. If they're going for Bio-esque romances, I guess both the boys and the girls will just have to share the love of the (most probably) hawt tiefling.

A tiefling romance uh? Looks like they've been playing PST. That might be a good sign.

HotSnack

Cipher
My wish list of npcs to romance:

A hot young angsty elf troubled by her dark past - want to know what's the secret of her past? Well don't worry because she'll spill it all the first time you meet her! And again during lunch! And another just before you fight the dragon!

A hot young haughty elf set in the rigid beliefs of her organisations - she'll be sure to tell you whether her organisation approves of your actions, and doubly sure to tell you when they're not! Throw in one quest to do with her past to make her character seem "deep", followed by a rather ironic turn of events in that while she is the loudest paragon of virtue in your group, she also happens to be the quickest one to fall.

If they put these types in, I'll be in love. :oops:

Avin

Liturgist
best quote:

"
[OEI]JESawyer: Yes, the fun rises daily as the game gets better. For a while things were looking pretty rough -- that's what re-writing a renderer can do. But the wait has been worth it. Seeing everything come together is very exciting. Bugs are also pretty amusing. Today I cast Isaac's Lesser Missile Swarm and I could only target the ground with it. When it went off, all the missiles flew around and hit a little kid in the face. Good times."

Sabregirl

Scholar
Hey nobody said anything about killing, it was Issac's LESSER missile storm after all - probably just gave the kid a much needed facelift.

Hey wait . . there are KIDS in NWN2? I thought it was long ago decided putting killable kids in RPGs was some horrible uncrossable red line . . .

Romance for girls? Yay - well so long as it isn't idiotic . . . okay it probably will be . . .

-S

HotSnack

Cipher
He never said he killed the kid, which may mean there are invincible children in the game.

suibhne

Erudite
Personally, I'm glad they seem to be implementing 3.5E fairly faithfully (fingers crossed). There's some stupid stuff in 3.5E, but I'd still rather get an honest implementation than the ridiculous half-assed stuff that Bioware pulled out of thin air for the first NWN.

WouldBeCreator

Scholar
Thrawn05 said:
HotSnack said:

A tiefling romance uh? Looks like they've been playing PST. That might be a good sign.

Yeah, because otherwise, Avellone wouldn't have known about PST. :roll:

Of substance: boasting that dialogues are "completely opaque" is totally lame.

HotSnack

Cipher
WouldBeCreator said:
Of substance: boasting that dialogues are "completely opaque" is totally lame.
I don't even understand what the interviewee is actually complaining about, surely if someone gives a "bad" response (such as telling the troll he has a small wee-wee) then you shouldn't be too surprised if he decides to attack you.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
suibhne said:
Personally, I'm glad they seem to be implementing 3.5E fairly faithfully (fingers crossed). There's some stupid stuff in 3.5E, but I'd still rather get an honest implementation than the ridiculous half-assed stuff that Bioware pulled out of thin air for the first NWN.

Haven't played ToEE, have you? There will never be another D&D game as faithful to the ruleset. If you're expecting a NWN game to feature any sort of faithfulness to D&D then I don't know what to tell you, mang, except "don't get your hopes up".

I'll play NWN2 the day it comes out for various reasons, but not because I'm expecting ToEE 2.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
TOEE wasn't faithful to D&D.

And, oh, one more thing:

NWN WAS THE BEST GAME EVAR!!!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom