Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GhostDog's PST UI mod v2.2 - UNEXPECTEDLY UPDATED 3.11.2021

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Infinitron DarkUnderlord Taluntain

This has nothing to do with this thread but :

Reported Attack Page!
This web page at www.rpgcodex.net has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

firefox just blocked RPGcodex. If I try to go to any other page in the Codex I get the Reported Attack Page! warning. I'm writing here because this one has been open from before. Happy New Year folks.

Kirtai

Augur
A couple additions to the mods.

There's a bug in the widescreen mod that manifests at certain high resolutions with a fix posted here

Here is another mod that replaces the crappy 3D portraits with hand painted ones.

Enjoy

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Playing with this - is there any way to see the combat log? I distinctly recall there being one in PS:T (since I remember seeing damage resistance numbers in it), but it doesn't seem to be there with the UI mod installed? Am I remembering incorrectly?

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Been a while since I've played an IE game (decline!) but doesn't that stuff need to be enabled in the options?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I don't have PST installed atm (immense decline!) but I believe icewater is correct, you enable the more extensive combat info in the options and it shows in the usual dialog window.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The only way I can see to enable additional combat info in the options menu is in the Feedback window, and all those options are enabled. Furthermore, the dialogue-window seem to be hidden in your mod unless brought up with a click, which pauses the game?

Thanks for the mod, by the way.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
The UI mod doesn't change anything about how the UI elements work, so it shouldn't make any difference. My guess is that this is how it always worked.

If you want to make sure uninstall the UI and WD mods, load your game and check it. Just remember that if you re-install the widescreen mod you should use your old save (the one with the mods installed) because if you load a savegame with a different resolution, the game may crash (at least that was the case some time ago, iirc Bigg was going to fix that at some point). So don't save during your testing with vanilla resolution just to be sure, and re-install the mods using the same resolution as before.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Is there any way to scale up the UI to be larger in bigger resolutions? I'd like to play with bigger resolutions, such as 1680x1050 but I'd like to have larger buttons and whatnot.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Is there any way to scale up the UI to be larger in bigger resolutions? I'd like to play with bigger resolutions, such as 1680x1050 but I'd like to have larger buttons and whatnot.
Unfortunately, no. You'll have to make do with a smaller res. 1280x800 was my go-to res for my old 22''1680x1050 screen.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
tenor.gif

Surprise (I never asked for this) Update!

I tried playing EE but found it blurry and with a small dialog window. So, I fired up my old game, using my good old UI.

Then I decided to do some fiddling around...

So, for the two people that might still be interested...

Alternate Dialog window and down bar:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/o1dnnrtxx6p2k7i/Alternate_UI__looks.zip/file

Installation: Just extract the override folder into the main game directory and copy over as asked.

VnkNnli.png

iM4vo3C.png

Bonus Portraits mod: https://www.mediafire.com/file/gldtm69m4rtm752/Portraits_Mod.zip/file

Based on the excellent Tchos portrait mod. Alternate (mostly) drawn portraits of NPCs and party members. TNO's Inventory portrait changes according to the weapon as in the original but instead of the ragdoll you get a bigger portrait.

EXTRA BONUS: Quinn's Fixpack without THAC0 changes (so you can keep your fighter thac0 as a mage or thief as it was in vanilla)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/u5xazkz3mbvmlzs/pstfixpack_v413_without_THAC0_changes.zip/file
(Extract the tph folder into the PST-Fix folder of Quinn's fixpack and copy over the files.)

:cmcc:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom