Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GhostDog's PST UI mod v2.2 - UNEXPECTEDLY UPDATED 3.11.2021

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Version 1.21 has been released.

This version is mostly a quickfix. There was a wrong offset that crashed the 2CD version of PST when using the 1280x720. The crash happened when you tried to point the cursor and perform an action. It should be fixed now. Kudos to taplonaplo for finding the offset.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Hi GhostDog.

First, of all thanks for your great work. I used your mod in previous PS:T playthrough - it worked like a dream.

Unfortunately, after some time I was forced to reinstall system, and needless to say my saves went poof along with it.
Now I decided that I want to replay the game (7th time I think :D ) but for some reason, I can't get to install your mod. After I've completed the installation of Bigg's Widescreen Mod your setup simply does not start up: the command prompt just flashes and the setup itself gets deleted. I tried tinkering with different resolutions you wrote you support in Bigg's Mod but to no avail.

Previously I used Windows Vista 32bit. Now I have Win7.
I use Polish version of PS:T, but this shouldn't be the issue: it worked for many Codexers and for me too.
Lastly, I used other mods for BG2/1 IcewindDale and they work just fine

Needless to say I followed your installation instructions to the letter, so...

... HALP! :(

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
First of all you can wait till the 28th when I'll release the new version of my mod that will now support all resolutions and bigger fonts for most languages (Including Polish).

Now about the problem you're having, have you installed PST in program files ? Vista/win7 have some restrictions over the program files folder and it's known that they don't like weidu mods sometimes. If so, re-install it in some other folder and try again.

If you haven't put it in program files, then there may be some problem that rarely occurs because of different versions of the weidu.exe. What you can do is copy the "setup-widescreen.exe" from Biggs mod to desktop, rename it to "Setup-GhostDog's-PST-UI.exe" and copy it into the game folder overwriting to old exe. This way you can make sure both mods use the same version of weidu. You can do this with any other mods you may have installed to make sure all of them use the same version.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Thanks Ghostdog for your prompt reply.

I've managed to install your mod, but as to how I did that, I have no idea. I simply reinstalled the game, installed resolution mod, then extracted your mod. When it turned out it still didn't want to work I extracted only the setup file from the archive to substitute the one erased. Despite that, I was still unsuccessful until I set resolution to 1280x720 - quite weird since my laptop screen isn't supposed to support it. Moreover, I'm pretty positive that before the game reinstalation I had tried this resolution but again the same error had occured. Peculiar.

Oh well, PS works beautifully :)

For future record I installed the game on a separate D:\ partition i.e. certainly not in Program Files directory.

Again, thanks for help. I suppose I'll try out the new version when it comes out. Now, I'm going back to AoD demo and PS:T. :)

Self-Ejected

Wilco

Self-Ejected
ghostdog said:
First of all you can wait till the 28th when I'll release the new version of my mod that will now support all resolutions and bigger fonts for most languages (Including Polish).

You freaken rule man. I was considering playing PST again just yesterday and I had hoped that you would release a newer version of your mod for the 1920x1080 resolution. I actually thought you had abandoned it by now but it's good to see you're still working on it.

Thanks and Merry Xmas.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Merry Christmas everyone !

The new version of the UI is finally here (v2.0). Now the mod supports ALL resolutions and also offers bigger fonts for most language versions. The bigger fonts are 100% better than the ones in the previous versions of the mod and I consider them even better than the original. The mod has been tested for most standard resolutions up to 1920x1080 but really there's no reason why it shouldn't work for any given resolution, even custom ones. Nevertheless, let me know if it works for you, especially with some notebook/laptop resolutions. Also, I'd really like some feedback from anyone that can test it in resolutions equal or higher than 2560x2048 (eyefinity anyone ?).

You want eye candy ? Here is a video demonstration of the mod : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GejCUObcfA

This will probably be the last version of the UI, except for any possible bug-fixes/tweaks. I want to thank all the people that helped me with this here in RPGcodex and in SHS and especially Taplonaplo, The Vanished One, Qwinn and Scient.

relootz

Scholar
Ghostdog, i am using an older version of your mod. Can i just install this newer one and play on or will it corrupt my saves.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
relootz said:
Ghostdog, i am using an older version of your mod. Can i just install this newer one and play on or will it corrupt my saves.

If you want to change the resolution then you should start a new game or you'll get crashes at various areas. If you don't want to change the resolution then I'd suggest to only try out the new fonts. Look here for a separate font installer.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Wow, thanks! Glad to see 1024x768 still gets some love around here.

Now I just need to finish my game of Gothic 2 and then I can finally replay Torment.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Version 2.1 Has been released

Well, Qwinn spotted a possible bug with bigger fonts, which was caused because of some strange text scrolling function of the game. The logical solution was to increase the size of the dialog box. To tell you the truth this has been bugging me for a long time. A bigger dialog window would be a blessing since it would make the reading experience much better, especially since PST has tons of reading.

Unfortunately there was an annoying glitch when I tried to increase the height of the dialog window. But then, suddenly, taplonaplo ex machina came and spotted a code line in Bigg's mod that did the trick. :YAY: So, now we can have a bigger (and taller) dialog window and also forget about any bugs. I believe the new window greatly increases reading experience in PST and let's not forget that the original text window in 640x480 took a big portion of the screen. Here it is :

1024x768:

1680x1050:

Due to the bigger window I'm now offering a new bigger font size (120% bigger). Great for high resolutions :

I've also revamped the inventory screen for resolutions smaller than 1280x720 to avoid certain tooltip flickering problems.
Because of the new changes, the UI will no longer support resolutions below 800x600 (but I don't think anyone would need them anyway)

This will hopefully be the last update.

Download location

spekkio

Arcane
Sweet as fuck. Thank you very much.

When I played PT last year i had to use 640x480 because of small font.

entertainer

Arbiter
i get this when trying to install ui mod

Code:
WeiDU v 21200 Log

C:\Games\Torment\Setup-GhostDog's-PST-UI.exe
 version = 21300
Newest WeiDU is version 21300, updating!
WeiDU files in version order:
  [setup-widescreen.exe] version 21300
  [Setup-GhostDog's-PST-UI.exe] version 21200
[setup-widescreen.exe] loaded, 614400 bytes
	Copying [setup-widescreen.exe] -> [Setup-GhostDog's-PST-UI.exe]: false

any ideas?

Qwinn

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
entertainer said:
i get this when trying to install ui mod

Code:
WeiDU v 21200 Log

C:\Games\Torment\Setup-GhostDog's-PST-UI.exe
 version = 21300
Newest WeiDU is version 21300, updating!
WeiDU files in version order:
  [setup-widescreen.exe] version 21300
  [Setup-GhostDog's-PST-UI.exe] version 21200
[setup-widescreen.exe] loaded, 614400 bytes
	Copying [setup-widescreen.exe] -> [Setup-GhostDog's-PST-UI.exe]: false

any ideas?

Qwinn

Bah, it's probably the random weidu-update version error. What will most likely fix this is to : Copy the setup-widescreen.exe to desktop , rename it to Setup-GhostDog's-PST-UI.exe , and then copy it back to the installation folder and replace the old exe. This will make my mod use the latest version of weidu which is used by the widescreen mod.

tehRPness

Educated
I likes this mod.
thaaanks.jpg

angerpowered

Novice
Hey ghostdog. Great mod!

I'm geting major slowdown when camera movement is locked out (ie panning to center on a character) when talking to them.

Also, the text box runs at like...10 fps. when I move my mouse over it, I get slowdown, and my mouse flashes slightly from the low framerate (not sure if it is framerate) but when I move it off of the text box onto the avatar screen (normal screen) my mouse stops flashing.

is this how it's supposed to be?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
angerpowered said:
Hey ghostdog. Great mod!

I'm geting major slowdown when camera movement is locked out (ie panning to center on a character) when talking to them.

Also, the text box runs at like...10 fps. when I move my mouse over it, I get slowdown, and my mouse flashes slightly from the low framerate (not sure if it is framerate) but when I move it off of the text box onto the avatar screen (normal screen) my mouse stops flashing.

is this how it's supposed to be?

The slowdowns are probably due to the fact that most newer graphic cards have lousy D3D emulation and they stutter, especially in higher resolutions. There are various possible solutions depending on what kind of card you have. Have a look here.

angerpowered

Novice
Gee wilickers! Thanks, ghostdog!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom