Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GhostDog's PST UI mod v2.2 - UNEXPECTEDLY UPDATED 3.11.2021

neojam

Novice
Hi ghostdog,
do you plan on adding 768x480 support?
IMHO its the only choice for a 16:10 widescreen display and oldies like Fallout1+2, Torment & etc.You basically see the game the way its supposed to look, only wider.
With all other 16:10 resolutions (1024x640, 1280x800 & etc.) things start to look too tiny.

Thanks.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I installed the 1280x800 version of Bigg's UI mod and then Ghostdog's mod with the "30% bigger fonts" mode. But this process borked the display of Polish signs in the dialogue. You see, this is quite nice (even though the abbreviations for the names of the attributes are in English):

planescgoodfonts.jpg

But in the dialogue it's messed up:

planescfonts.jpg

I looked into dialogue.tlk and everything displays properly. Any ideas?

edit: I reinstalled Ghostdog's mod with the default font size and thankfully the problems disappeared. I think my eyes will manage reading the game's text in this resolution, even if it'll be a bit painful.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, I neglected to mention in the readme that the new fonts are only for the English version. Sorry about that, I had already mentioned this in the first post and the next version will also make it clear during installation.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
ghostdog, is there any reason you have not uploaded this to say Pocket Plane Group/Spellhold Studios/G3? That or why is this not stickied?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
The main forums for the mod and download link is in the Spellhold studio forums:

http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?s=be ... wforum=571

I'll update the threads here and in the G3 forums when I have a new version but it will first be posted in the shs forums.

The thread at G3 says "version 0.9" though.
Thanks for spotting this, it was a typo.

As for the sticky, if a mod would like to sticky it
it it would be cool.

GMonkey

Scholar
Is there any chance of support for 1920x1080 to be added?

I recently got a big ass LCD TV and I just wanted to go nuts with it and play Torment with an EXTREME AND INTENSE resolution.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
GMonkey said:
Is there any chance of support for 1920x1080 to be added?

I recently got a big ass LCD TV and I just wanted to go nuts with it and play Torment with an EXTREME AND INTENSE resolution.

Nope, but I'll soon release the next version that supports 1280x720 ,a resolution that has the 16:9 aspect ratio that LCDTVs use.

Lonewolf

Novice
Anyone know how to stop the main character from walking backwards as well as other people in the game

I am currently running it on Vista 32bit and everything runs fine, I have installed the widescreen mod and ghost's mod and some other tweaks and fixes too

I have also tried compatibility mode but that hasn't fixed it anyother advice would be really appreciated

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Could you be more specific? What do you mean by "walking backwards" ?

Lonewolf

Novice
Exactly like I have stated for example if you click to move down the screen instead of walking down he seems to be stuck in the animation for moving left but moves down the screen

Similarly, if you want to make the main characters go right they go right but seem to be processing the image of animation for going left

I will try a full reinstall and see if that fixes it

Lonewolf

Novice
Hmm yeah it only seems to be when you requested the characters to go right, they stay stuck in the left movement animation, same happens in battles as well

It is very annoying attempting several patch installs to fix

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Version 1.2 has been released !

What happened to v1.1 you ask? Well, it was an internal version that was extensively tested by me and my staff (an alien race I have enslaved for this purpose) , but was never released because v1.2 came along. There are a couple of significant changes in this version:
  • I'm happy to announce 1280x720 support. Now, all you LCDTV users can enjoy Torment in all it's glory with the correct aspect ratio :)

• Secondly, I've made some changes and improvements with the bigger fonts.
    On one hand the size of the in-game floating text is now is now increasing when you install one of the bigger fonts:
    pstnewfloatingtextpic.jpg

On the other hand, the 30% bigger fonts are much cleared now, and for the 50% bigger fonts I'm now using the in-game floating text fonts (instead of the BG2 fonts I was using previosuly) Ithink they look much better now.
    pstnewfonts.jpg

I'm recommending the 30% bigger fonts for widescreen users that want a bigger font. The 50% bigger fonts are better for the 1280x1024 resolution in 19'' or smaller, screens. I'm currently using the 30%fonts and reading text in my 22' monitor is much easier now.

• As you can see, I've also changed the dialog window. Now the text is displayed in the center and the background has been revamped accordingly.

For the rest of the changes and download link , check the first post.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
turn off hardware acceleration

desktop context menue->properties->settings->advanced->Problembehandlung(don't know english word)-> hardware acceleration will be propably at max, tone down 3 nods

problem solved.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Major_Boobage said:
Ghostdog some spells glitch and give a blank square for half a second.
Try turning down the hardware acceleration as VentilatorOfDoom suggested. If that doesn't help, do you have an nvidia card? IE games have problems with some newer nvidia cards. See this this thread for possible fixes.

Major_Boobage

Scholar
ghostdog said:
Major_Boobage said:
Ghostdog some spells glitch and give a blank square for half a second.
Try turning down the hardware acceleration as VentilatorOfDoom suggested. If that doesn't help, do you have an nvidia card? IE games have problems with some newer nvidia cards. See this this thread for possible fixes.

Cant turn it off, i have vista 64. Also i have a 4850 ati.

wjw

Augur
Using this mod right now, thanks Ghostdog!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom