Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ghost of Tsushima - open world game set in feudal Japan

Ezekiel

Arcane
Yeah, I'm not touching anything by Sucker Punch unless the gameplay looks really good. I could only play the Infamous games on PS3 for a few minutes.

PrettyDeadman

Yeah, I'm not touching anything by Sucker Punch unless the gameplay looks really good. I could only play the Infamous games on PS3 for a few minutes.
"Infamous actally had pretty good gameplay." - Pretty

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuck that trailer for making me think it would be Onimusha.

Thanks for the game recommendation.

Ignore them all except Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams. It has the best gameplay in the series. The others aren't bad though, you're just better off playing Ninja Gaiden Black or something instead.

I've always wanted to play Ninja Gaiden Black but isnt on PC, I was gonna get a second hand vita for it.

sullynathan

Arcane

Ignore them all except Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams. It has the best gameplay in the series. The others aren't bad though, you're just better off playing Ninja Gaiden Black or something instead.

I've always wanted to play Ninja Gaiden Black but isnt on PC, I was gonna get a second hand vita for it.
get a PS3 or an Xbox juan.

Glaucon

Prophet

or wait a year or two to emulate

Ash

Arcane
Lol Pretty's edit in response to Citation Needed button. Well played. But...are you sure? Infamous? I tried the sequel which was poop.

or wait a year or two to emulate

Or maybe just a few months; RPCS3 could already run Persona 5 and Demon Souls, who can tell what it could run next.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Infamous 1 and 2 were fun on the Playstation 3, but second son and the neon bitch expansion standalone were terrible, horrible empty worlds devoid of any interesting content.

Im very much hyped for this because of the setting, but that's about it.

Also, in terms of open world games, Playstation is stacked for next year.

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Infamous series

slow-motion-slap-face.gif

Young_Hollow

Liturgist
Non gameplay trailer doesn't show too much, but seems like its based on a fictional Mongol invasion of Japan. I'd really like to have a game in that setting that isn't a strategy / grand strategy type title, but I doubt a mass hype ''10/10 masterpiece'' wannabe would do it any justice, and ofc its not on PC. Anyone know of any other games in the time period?

McPlusle

Savant
This is going to have arkham creed combat isn't it.
I don't remember Arkham combat being bad, just sorta braindead. I have heard they're way more fun when you turn the difficulty all the way up, though.

Ezekiel

Arcane
I don't remember Arkham combat being bad, just sorta braindead. I have heard they're way more fun when you turn the difficulty all the way up, though.
Even hard mode is too easy. It removes the counter indicators, but you still know when to counter. It's very predictable. I made this look easy because it is easy. Notice that when the timer ran out I still had a lot of health left. It's a rhythm game with a lot of automation. You play it for scores. I wish they made a more strategic Batman with smaller fights and a darkness stealth mechanic like in Splinter Cell. It would be nice if you could transition from stealth to action to stealth, instead of stealth and action being so segmented.

Last edited:

Glaucon

Prophet
Even hard mode is too easy. It removes the counter indicators, but you still know when to counter. It's very predictable. I made this look easy because it is easy. Notice that when the timer ran out I still had a lot of health left. It's a rhythm game with a lot of automation. You play it for scores. I wish they made a more strategic Batman with smaller fights and a darkness stealth mechanic like in Splinter Cell. It would be nice if you could transition from stealth to action to stealth, instead of stealth and action being so segmented.
Any game/movie/whatever about superheroes will be made with children in mind

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Any game/movie/whatever about superheroes will be made with children in mind
Children and manchildren.

Ash

Arcane

Braindead = bad, silly. Gameplay is supposed to engage. You can't mindlessly play chess or football, well you could try, but it'd be bad.
And old school games were made with children in mind yet and often had gruelling combat. Speaking as someone who played a shitload of games in childhood, it wasn't a problem for me. It's not catering to children per se, but those with low attention span, minimal patience, any kind of potential handicap. As is the modern standard. Everyone should be able to pick up and (mindlessly) play, inclusiveness for all.

Braindead = bad, silly. Gameplay is supposed to engage. You can't mindlessly play chess or football, well you could try, but it'd be bad.
And old school games were made with children in mind yet and often had gruelling combat. Speaking as someone who played a shitload of games in childhood, it wasn't a problem for me. It's not catering to children per se, but those with low attention span, minimal patience, any kind of potential handicap. As is the modern standard. Everyone should be able to pick up and (mindlessly) play, inclusiveness for all.

We live in a world where Shovel Knight and Civilization are casual kiddy games and Arkaham Knight and Uncharted are the hardcore adult games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom