Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ghost of a Tale - stealth action-RPG where you play a mouse

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It still looks good, but the frame rate still looks a bit jittery.

Unwanted

Bustamonte

Unwanted
Shitposter
I too joined just to say how great this looks. I am backing for 50 and hope everyone on the codex backs it too.

Siveon

Bot
They seem to have fixed the framerate. Reasonably excited - this looks like the Redwall game I've been secretly wanting since I was a child.

Space Insect

Arcane
Steam reviews are surprisingly positive so far. Apparently, it sounds like Redwall/Dark Souls. I do like in the trailer how large the enemy actually is compared to the player character.

Jinn

Arcane
Watership Down and Redwall are a couple of the only anthropomorphized animal concepts that I could ever enjoy. This may well join their ranks. It's looking really nice.

Siveon

Bot
Watership Down and Redwall are a couple of the only anthropomorphized animal concepts that I could ever enjoy. This may well join their ranks. It's looking really nice.
The mouse guard comics were pretty good too, Ulminati did an LR here http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/mouse-guard.79832/
That does look cool. Just perused the website, and apparently they even have a tabletop game made. Huh.

Is it an odd coincidence that after I mentioned Redwall, suddenly comments started to point out that fact as well?

Lucky

Arcane
I backed the indiegogo and have now been playing this for a bit:

- It's an exploration driven adventure game with stealth, not a stealth game - stealth is an important part of the gameplay, but is not the sole draw of the game (some areas you can easily run past multiple guards, while others are tight corridors where you need to steal something from them). There is also practically no combat and no means of killing so far, though you do have items with which to temporarily stun or distract guards.

- No quest compass, nor camera panning to point out obvious solutions to you. You only get an objective ("escape jail" or "get key") and have to figure out yourself how to do it.

- It looks gorgeous and enticing to explore - way better than most games with larger teams and budgets. Wonderful art-style and animation.

- Character movement feels good. Animation quality is a big plus here.

- Stamina bar and health are the same. Get hit and you can sprint less; heal up and you can sprint more.

- There are some stats based on your clothes, but they're not very important.

- Some bugs due to not being finished, though no crashes so far.

Overall, I'm liking it so far and looking forward to the finished game (current estimate is in about 6 months). Very charming. It feels like an attempt at making a game about adventure, rather than a game that is trying to be like adventure movies or books.

They seem to have fixed the framerate. Reasonably excited - this looks like the Redwall game I've been secretly wanting since I was a child.

Current build doesn't have any framerate issues for me anymore.

when i look at this project, i see pretty screenshots, but i expect a horribly unoptimized mess with little player input trying to be a cinematic(tm) experience(r)

it's the interactivity aspect i expect from a game designer, but not from an animator, which makes me be suspicious here

Game so far has avoided the cinematic pitfall. No quick-time events, no awesome button and no pointless cutscenes.

---

Arcane
This game seems spectacular (triple :incline::incline::incline: ).
Shame that it's basically unknown, even if, with a bit of promotion, pretty graphics/art and amazing concept could attract even casuals/consoletards (just look at all those succesfull indie games).
Hope that it will get more visibility :)

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Daum, this looks fantastic, I can't believe it's an one man job. Also it seems it's pretty solid in the gameplay department, if it really evokes that feeling of pure adventure, I'm sold, not many games can (or want to) do that today.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Candles and oil-lamp. The game has better lighting than all Dark Souls and all the Ubisoft downgrades put together.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
so, worth giving them a 20?

Yes.

But this is a EA title and it's not finished. It's pretty confusing:

Release Date: 25 Jul, 2016

This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I've been following this for a while (well, go figure), finally caved in to check out the EA. Played only 2 hours but my impressions largely mirror that of Lucky

Despite being relatively simple, the game is suprisingly unpopamole. Day/night cycle, no quest markers, no pause on inventory access, limited but generous saving (can only save when you're hidden, and props to hide in, like barrels, cupboards, etc, are pretty abundant). It also looks hella neat when it comes to graphixxx and animations, etc, can't believe this is the work of one guy.

Also very charming. Highly recommended for all rodent aficionados.

Self-Ejected

Repulsive

Self-Ejected
Patron
Games shaping up greatly, has really cool level design too. Game design for those who were worried is top notch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom