Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ghost Hand Help (spoilers)

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So, I finally managed to get three power tubes and travel to the pass, where I immediately purchased the hand.

Now what? I can't find any way of putting the power tubes into the device. I looked at the hand in Thassalos' home, so I have a vague idea of what it does, but I want to turn the thing on and play with it. How do I do that?

Also, is it a bug that only IG characters can buy the hand? When I travel there for the Aurelians, the entire sequence is handled in a dialogue, so I can't walk around to buy the hand. Even when I stay the night I cannot walk around.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
So, I finally managed to get three power tubes and travel to the pass, where I immediately purchased the hand.

Now what? I can't find any way of putting the power tubes into the device. I looked at the hand in Thassalos' home, so I have a vague idea of what it does, but I want to turn the thing on and play with it. How do I do that?
It works the same way the respirator does. You need to reach a place where you can use it and then you'll have an option to charge it, if you have enough tubes, etc. Same goes for the nullifier, if someone managed to find it.

Also, is it a bug that only IG characters can buy the hand? When I travel there for the Aurelians, the entire sequence is handled in a dialogue, so I can't walk around to buy the hand. Even when I stay the night I cannot walk around.
We'll fix it.

Saduj

Arcane
Same goes for the nullifier, if someone managed to find it.

The nullifier wouldn't happen to be the triangular gizmo with the null sign on it, would it? If so, I've found it but couldn't find its use.

Ok, what's the point of the Ghost Hand, can you use it somewhere else apart from the arch? 3 Power Tubes + Mechanic Eye seems like a very big investmen for what you can get from the arch.

Also, the Power Armor is really cool with the Stargate effect. But is it possible to remove the "shield" so we can go 2handed?

And what can you do with the Flying Fortress, only some Bro Points with Meru?
(One of my characters crashed it in middle of nowhere, and some poor peasant saw me in the Ra armor coming out of a flying chariot :lol: IWANTTOBELIEVE)

Vault Dweller

Developer
Ok, what's the point of the Ghost Hand, can you use it somewhere else apart from the arch? 3 Power Tubes + Mechanic Eye seems like a very big investmen for what you can get from the arch.
You acquire a different perspective and learn more. You can have two conversations there. Once you acquire the suit, you can step through the portal yourself.

Also, the Power Armor is really cool with the Stargate effect. But is it possible to remove the "shield" so we can go 2handed?
For now one-handed only.

And what can you do with the Flying Fortress, only some Bro Points with Meru?
You can break the siege and intimidate the Aurelian Legatus.

(One of my characters crashed it in middle of nowhere, and some poor peasant saw me in the Ra armor coming out of a flying chariot :lol: IWANTTOBELIEVE)
LPA01-02.jpg

You acquire a different perspective and learn more. You can have two conversations there. Once you acquire the suit, you can step through the portal yourself.

For now one-handed only.

You can break the siege and intimidate the Aurelian Legatus.

LPA01-02.jpg

With or without the suit

I just die. Is there something missing?

Vault Dweller

Developer
You have to be a servant of Balzaar (i.e. performed the ritual).

Ok, the only ritual I do is

the one with the surgical kit. I take that the wards keep the alien entity for taking over and you turn into a Godlike being (keeping you own ego)?
What are the checks to pass the ritual? I pass with an Int/Con 8/8

Then, unless you go by Balzaar's route the Ghost Hand and the Eye aren't really worth it unless you want some extra text at a big cost (3 tubes that you could use for the P.A.) an a punny reward (6xp?).

Vault Dweller

Developer
I'm talking about you performing the ritual on Meru and bringing Balzaar into the world.

hivemind

For now one-handed only.
pls don't ever make it available for two handers
the armour is already OP as fuck and unless you want it to be the end all be all for literally every possible build keep the hand console there

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom